Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 2, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #43,291 of 75,341
Today received Willsound MK2 & MK3. While managed to listen to only one song. Got a wow effect, it resembles a sound like in a Vido with only the best sound quality. The MK2 have more bass in the MK3, a bit less, the emphasis is more on the middle. By sound, both seemed the best of what I had. I will listen to the week, then I will say more precisely, the first effect is sometimes false.
MK3 has faster bass response but with forward mids compare to MK2.
MK2 is Ushaped

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #43,292 of 75,341
MK3 has faster bass response but with forward mids compare to MK2.
MK2 is Ushaped
Just a little U shape, I feel like the upper mids and highs are in balance, the low mids are dipped a bit but the emphasised mid bass gives it enough warmth to not sound sterile.

Comparatively speaking I think they have better balance than most buds in the up to $30 range. I just wish they were slightly more refined and neutral in the upper bass and low mids.

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #43,293 of 75,341
Just a little U shape, I feel like the upper mids and highs are in balance, the low mids are dipped a bit but the emphasised mid bass gives it enough warmth to not sound sterile.

Comparatively speaking I think they have better balance than most buds in the up to $30 range. I just wish they were slightly more refined and neutral in the upper bass and low mids.
right, the MK2 special edition is less Ushaped, enhances both ends with better mids

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #43,294 of 75,341
Doing a little bit of comparing between the Yincrow RW9's and the ME80's. I've come to the conclusion that they are both horrible.

Joking joking. The RW9's are a bit warmer in that they have more midbass, and the treble of the ME80's has a bit more energy.

And they are both awesome :)

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #43,295 of 75,341
Doing a little bit of comparing between the Yincrow RW9's and the ME80's. I've come to the conclusion that they are both horrible.

Joking joking. The RW9's are a bit warmer in that they have more midbass, and the treble of the ME80's has a bit more energy.

And they are both awesome :)

pls compare me80 with the fengru silvers.

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #43,297 of 75,341
Sennheiser MX 400 vs Sennheiser MX 375 vs Sennheiser MX 170?
Which one you think is the best?

none, all outdated. any earbuds from aliexpress sound better

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #43,298 of 75,341
My RY4S MMCX Plus arrived earlier today. I am very happy with the sound. I have a balanced cable for it but using the adapter I have just been listening out the regular output of my Cayin N3. Everything sounds good on the Cayin N3

I think these will become one of my favorites. I do think that mmcx connectors sticking out of a Monk type shell looks a little weird.

R0014897.JPG

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #43,299 of 75,341
Decided to indulge a masochistic impulse and picked up one of the super cheap pairs folks were recommending (the Fengru silver I think it was). Arrived the other day and apparently in the decade or two since last I bothered trying traditional earbuds there's been a vast improvement in how well they stay in my ears... which is to say if I'm just sitting in a chair I can actually look around without them going kerplonk out of my ears. Still not stable enough for anything useful but hey... Tried flipping them cable up like they were MMCX but they didn't sound as decent like that and I can't tell how much of that is the earbud factor generally relying on gravity to get a firm fit and how much is this earbud design being restricted to cable down. Results inconclusive, suspecting I should have just spent a few bucks more and nabbed something like the PT15 even though it might not have been as highly rated sound-wise because this was as much a form factor experiment as anything.
Boyfriend was cheerfully complaining to me that I'd spoiled his ears and his Apple earpods at work didn't sound good anymore (he uses wired Bose earphones at home, doesn't like the feel of IEMs and prefers not wearing headphones), and a few days I remembered I had the Fengrus buried on my desk somewhere. Dug them up, tossed the little case they came in his way, and he says they sound much better. :ksc75smile: If he gets restless again or his Bose die I may come poke this thread for recommendations, his ears don't have the same issue with earbuds that mine do.

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #43,300 of 75,341
none, all outdated. any earbuds from aliexpress sound better
Have you tried all those sennheiser earbuds? I remember people saying one of the line up below mx985 sounded decent, not sure if it was mx400 or maybe mx 580/760/880

Of course there was the classic mx500 :ksc75smile:

I'd be pretty cool to own the complete collection...

Oh god, is this where it starts @HungryPanda @mbwilson111 ? Will I soon have more earbuds than storage space? XD

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #43,301 of 75,341
Jul 2, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #43,302 of 75,341
Jul 2, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #43,304 of 75,341

Users who are viewing this thread

Back