Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 21, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #40,906 of 75,356
Is the EBX one of TOTL earbuds? how is the sub bass and mid bass? is it light or mild? can they punch? i came from iem worlds
and how is it compared to willsound earbuds? is it big different?

If differences are subtle i might just go for EBX and settle down, not going to buy so many earbuds.

and 1 dumb question, how is the correct way to wear earbuds? i mean are they suppose to be just "sitting down" on ear not blocking / sealing your ear canals or is it supposed to seal it? I always feel it wrong like the buds just hanging around without proper seal and my mind always playing with me "its gonna fall down after this, yeah, in 3..2..." but actually they're not falling down.

Thanks in advance
I'd say TOTL according to the maker; it's their flagship. It does a lot of things right, and did nothing wrong (except probably the housing might not for everyone although it's one of the main selling points for me for not using MX / PK shells). If compared to IEMs, I'd put it between Tin Audio T2 and Kanas, slightly to the Kanas side for overall. Soundstage is definitely better on the EBX, wide and natural. Imaging is better on Kanas. I have a set of MK2 rev2, so I could compare them later at home.

There's no correct way, if there's one, I won't care. For some buds, I padded them with rubber rings and foams so they'll sit tight and seal the canals as long it doesn't make the bass overwhelming; so, yeah, kinda IEM-like. Other buds, like PK16, I just applied rubber rings to give a little padding and use them without foams; I like them open as they still sound good even in noisy environment (the bass already rolled-off anyway). Experiment with how to wear them to match your preference.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #40,907 of 75,356
They don't seal, you wear them down with/without foams depending on your preference.

That's what gives them their open sound, but it's also why they have more sub bass roll off. Using foams does reduce the openess slightly, while it also increases the seal for deeper bass and slightly reduces treble.

Some designs allow for wearing looped around the ear like many iems, but most earbuds just sit in the outer ear.

If you were to properly seal an earbud somehow, you'd probably be overwhelmed by bass to extreme levels. Since these drivers are tuned for open listening and are bigger than most dynamic driver IEMs.

Thank you for answering this silly question. Because i only experienced with low quality earbud, I never like earbud because so light and bright not warm at all, no bass. My vido just came in, its opening my heart again to retry earbud world. I already more or less satisfied in iem with Kanas Pro as daily driver and EX1000 inside my audio cupboard, to go further i will hesitate to break much more money to spend with. Soundstage on earbuds are effortless, while in iem world, its something technical that hard to achieve. And i guess for price/performance ratio earbud is better value.
do you have EBX with you?

I'd say TOTL according to the maker; it's their flagship. It does a lot of things right, and did nothing wrong (except probably the housing might not for everyone although it's one of the main selling points for me for not using MX / PK shells). If compared to IEMs, I'd put it between Tin Audio T2 and Kanas, slightly to the Kanas side for overall. Soundstage is definitely better on the EBX, wide and natural. Imaging is better on Kanas. I have a set of MK2 rev2, so I could compare them later at home.

There's no correct way, if there's one, I won't care. For some buds, I padded them with rubber rings and foams so they'll sit tight and seal the canals as long it doesn't make the bass overwhelming; so, yeah, kinda IEM-like. Other buds, like PK16, I just applied rubber rings to give a little padding and use them without foams; I like them open as they still sound good even in noisy environment (the bass already rolled-off anyway). Experiment with how to wear them to match your preference.

So the EBX is considered a TOTL earbuds? i mean go for Liebesleid is too much for me for the price, but i dont want to go half way, i just need 1 very good capable earbud and settle. Don't want to repeat long journey with iem, bought so many budget iem that in the end they just stay in my audio cupboard.
Wow nice oneee i got T2 and Kanas Pro as well and your description is really made me got how it sounds like! I think im gonna like it. How is the bass i just scared the sub bass and mid bass are too light on EBX. Gonna waiting your comparison for EBX and willsoung mk2, Thanks in advance buddy, appreciate this for helping me.

So you cover the earbud with foams, and then padded them with rubber ring? Sure i will try around, just need to now basic way to wear an earbud, sounds very silly for me. So its just meant to be hang on ear with air still going through from the gap.

Thank you for the reply guys

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #40,908 of 75,356
Thank you for answering this silly question. Because i only experienced with low quality earbud, I never like earbud because so light and bright not warm at all, no bass. My vido just came in, its opening my heart again to retry earbud world. I already more or less satisfied in iem with Kanas Pro as daily driver and EX1000 inside my audio cupboard, to go further i will hesitate to break much more money to spend with. Soundstage on earbuds are effortless, while in iem world, its something technical that hard to achieve. And i guess for price/performance ratio earbud is better value.
do you have EBX with you?

So the EBX is considered a TOTL earbuds? i mean go for Liebesleid is too much for me for the price, but i dont want to go half way, i just need 1 very good capable earbud and settle. Don't want to repeat long journey with iem, bought so many budget iem that in the end they just stay in my audio cupboard.
Wow nice oneee i got T2 and Kanas Pro as well and your description is really made me got how it sounds like! I think im gonna like it. How is the bass i just scared the sub bass and mid bass are too light on EBX. Gonna waiting your comparison for EBX and willsoung mk2, Thanks in advance buddy, appreciate this for helping me.

So you cover the earbud with foams, and then padded them with rubber ring? Sure i will try around, just need to now basic way to wear an earbud, sounds very silly for me. So its just meant to be hang on ear with air still going through from the gap.

Thank you for the reply guys
I usually don't use the rings just foams or foamless depending on the earbud.

Of course there are a wide variety of foam types. I even use a leather punch to make custom multi hole foams which allow lessen the treble dampening but still has the bass bump. Good for earbuds that sound too dark with full foams.

Thin foams are a nice middle ground between foamless and full foams too. But like headphones and the wide variety of pads available, each earbud responds well to different foams. It's a nice easy way to tune the sound to your liking too.

I don't have the ebx sorry. You'll have to wait for other peoples input on that one.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #40,911 of 75,356
Mar 22, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #40,913 of 75,356
That's the price for just the cable, as the mate said.
Well Crap! Got ahead of myself there and didn't actually think they were selling the cable. Ok So I am a maroon and will go back and edit my previous post.

Yea. I see they are $75.13 + -$3 Nicehck coupon+ -$2 AE coupon. Should be able to get them for at least $70.13.

Sorry guys.

Mar 22, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #40,915 of 75,356
Nicehck is doing the smabat st10 at a preorder price of 84usd! @ClieOS if I recall correctly you had a pair, would you reccomend buying it?

$84 is a great deal. I have no hesitation to recommend it even at its full price at $119.

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #40,916 of 75,356
Just listened to MK2 Rev2. Overall, it's warm with slight bass bump and bit of bleeds (nicely textured bass btw). As your concern is mid bass and sub bass, EBX's mid bass is just enough for neutralish signature, but the sub bass failed the Sk8er Boi test to me; it's there but doesn't have enough power ('light') even with better seal. So, if you want the one with signature closer to the T2 or Kanas (mine is the regular one fyi), get the EBX, but if you want your sub-bass and don't mind with some general bass boost, go with the MK2.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #40,917 of 75,356
Nicehck is doing the smabat st10 at a preorder price of 84usd! @ClieOS if I recall correctly you had a pair, would you reccomend buying it?
I can't see the preorder. All I see is fixed price at $132.

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #40,918 of 75,356
Mar 22, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #40,920 of 75,356

Users who are viewing this thread

Back