Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 21, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #40,891 of 75,148
EBX for <$80 is worth a shot. Though not sure if it's worth for sleeping on the sofa...

I'll try to answer about EBX vs ACG. EBX is the safest bet. ACG is better on the clarity and imaging, but it's bright and bass is rolled-off (or, no decay). EBX has nothing outstanding but instead, more balanced overall. It's very musical; you can throw anything to them and they'll just present the music without trying to be artificial. ACG on other hand really shines for jazz, bossanova, live acoustics for its details and impressive imaging; look at other options if you want to listen to metal, hard rock or edm.
Thanks!...just decided against ACG....lolol!

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #40,892 of 75,148
I am curious at Smabat ST-10. AE anniversary sale is about to start but no sellers selling the ST-10 there. I noticed that they were sold at something like $78 before but now they are nowhere to be found.

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #40,893 of 75,148
Hi, so I'm in a need of another kind of recommendation. I'm looking for cheap earbuds not based on sound but comfort. What I want is good earbuds to sleep in. They would play audiobooks, some asmr and light, relaxing music. Obviously I wouldn't want some crappy sound quality, but that's not the most important thing, as I have other headphones for music listening.
Finding good cheap earbuds wouldn't really be a problem, but since most of them use that MX500 shell, it is. They are a little too bulky and when laying on my side ears start hurting a little. I used AuGlamour RX-1 and they were great, but the cable in them is so flimsy, they broke twice.
Would anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
My personal favorite for comfort is pk shell earbuds. IMO the RX1 is still too large depth wise for perfect comfort.

Pk or Qian/monk lite type shell comes the closest to perfect comfort.

Actually apple earpods are really comfortable too for that use, did you consider just buying some earpods? Although I know some don't find them as comfortable as others...

Anyway try the diy pk2 sr2 on aliexpress from chittys store. @jogawag may get you a link to the best version (one vent or two). My aliexpress links never work for people.

Although i gotta say. The rx1 had a sturdy cable and Jack. Where on the cable did it break on you exactly?

I recommend PK2s Panda for you instead of diy sr2, because I think diy sr2 sounds too clear for sleeping.
This link is PK2s Panda.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32907407670.html

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #40,894 of 75,148
Just browsing anniversary sale and noticed EBX was going to be $48 before coupons. I gotta say TOTL earpuds under $50 is kind of a no brainer. Possible to get under $40 with coupons. That means buy the cable,(which is worth that) and get free EBX.

Almost want to buy another one at that price but I don't want to sleep on the sofa...

Hmm.

Well, the EBX was $98 when I bought them last year, and I think they sound pretty good.
Comparing the $98 HiceHCK EBX, and the $50 Svara-L (32Ω) - The EBX may have a bit more low Bass, but the Svara-L fits my ears more comfortably, so their Bass actually sounds better to me.

Unfortunately, the Svara-L doesn't appear to be available any longer (doing a Google Search finds vendors showing "No Longer Available", or showing the Svara IEM).

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #40,895 of 75,148
I am curious at Smabat ST-10. AE anniversary sale is about to start but no sellers selling the ST-10 there. I noticed that they were sold at something like $78 before but now they are nowhere to be found.

I did send a message to AVCCK Earphone Store, asking if the ST-10 was going to be back in stock.
They replied, with a link to the Korean language version of AliExpress - but I think even this page says that the ST-10 is "No Longer Available".
https://ko.aliexpress.com/store/pro...d-Earphone-With-MMCX/2847025_32810127070.html

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #40,896 of 75,148
I did send a message to AVCCK Earphone Store, asking if the ST-10 was going to be back in stock.
They replied, with a link to the Korean language version of AliExpress - but I think even this page says that the ST-10 is "No Longer Available".

https://ko.aliexpress.com/store/pro...d-Earphone-With-MMCX/2847025_32810127070.html

How weird.. that link took me to the TONEKING TO180.

I was intrigued by the ST-10 but it disappeared almost as soon as I found out about it.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #40,897 of 75,148
Well, the EBX was $98 when I bought them last year, and I think they sound pretty good.
Comparing the $98 HiceHCK EBX, and the $50 Svara-L (32Ω) - The EBX may have a bit more low Bass, but the Svara-L fits my ears more comfortably, so their Bass actually sounds better to me.

Unfortunately, the Svara-L doesn't appear to be available any longer (doing a Google Search finds vendors showing "No Longer Available", or showing the Svara IEM).
They were in my cart but have since dissappeared. Very sad.

Also. I mucked around a long time to find the perfect foams to get the EBX to fit me without feeling like they were going to fall out. I even double donuted which is like silly hard. Eventually ordered Heigi donuts, and so far am having a great time.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #40,898 of 75,148
Did anyone use the BGVP DX3s? I intend to buy it on Aliexpress $35, does it worth?
I have them and they are very nice and that is a good price. Aliexpress has a sale in 7 days and with store coupon you may get it cheaper

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #40,900 of 75,148
Never had any apple product in my ears, so it never even crossed my mind. The first thing that come to mind with Apple is overpriced for what it's worth.
I will check out those other earphones you listed.
RX1 cable broke where it touches the headphones. I'm assuming it's because the shell is metal and since I was laying my head on them a lot and maybe moving while asleep it was too much for them :)
Yeah try the pk2 sr2 (or panda pk2 as i see jogawag just recommended that as it's smoother overall both in sound and the shell cover) as it's a cheap pk earbud that sounds good.

Using foams on a sleeper bud has it's pros and cons. On one hand the foams make it more comfy, but they also make it a bigger fit with isn't ideal. If you go with the pk2 it needs foams to sound smooth-full.

Only earbud that sounds balanced foamless in a small shell is Zen lite. But it's pricey.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #40,901 of 75,148

To anyone looking for the Svara L 32ohms, I'll part with my pair for $250.

Just kidding - no way I'll part with them!

What a drag that it looks like they're not going to be sold any longer. Maybe the ST10 is a worthy upgrade, but it's double the price :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #40,902 of 75,148
Just browsing anniversary sale and noticed EBX was going to be $48 before coupons. I gotta say TOTL earpuds under $50 is kind of a no brainer. Possible to get under $40 with coupons. That means buy the cable,(which is worth that) and get free EBX.

Almost want to buy another one at that price but I don't want to sleep on the sofa...

Hmm.
mind sharing the link?
lowest i could find is $71 and $49 for cable

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #40,903 of 75,148
Is the EBX one of TOTL earbuds? how is the sub bass and mid bass? is it light or mild? can they punch? i came from iem worlds
and how is it compared to willsound earbuds? is it big different?

If differences are subtle i might just go for EBX and settle down, not going to buy so many earbuds.

and 1 dumb question, how is the correct way to wear earbuds? i mean are they suppose to be just "sitting down" on ear not blocking / sealing your ear canals or is it supposed to seal it? I always feel it wrong like the buds just hanging around without proper seal and my mind always playing with me "its gonna fall down after this, yeah, in 3..2..." but actually they're not falling down.

Thanks in advance

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #40,904 of 75,148
mind sharing the link?
lowest i could find is $71 and $49 for cable

Sale isn't started yet. Anyway. NiceHCK shop on AliExpress and am using the mobile app. It shows that the sale price will be $48.46. Sale starts next week.

EDIT
The actual price is $75.13. $48.46 is for the cable. Sorry for misleading

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #40,905 of 75,148
Is the EBX one of TOTL earbuds? how is the sub bass and mid bass? is it light or mild? can they punch? i came from iem worlds
and how is it compared to willsound earbuds? is it big different?

If differences are subtle i might just go for EBX and settle down, not going to buy so many earbuds.

and 1 dumb question, how is the correct way to wear earbuds? i mean are they suppose to be just "sitting down" on ear not blocking / sealing your ear canals or is it supposed to seal it? I always feel it wrong like the buds just hanging around without proper seal and my mind always playing with me "its gonna fall down after this, yeah, in 3..2..." but actually they're not falling down.

Thanks in advance
They don't seal, you wear them down with/without foams depending on your preference.

That's what gives them their open sound, but it's also why they have more sub bass roll off. Using foams does reduce the openess slightly, while it also increases the seal for deeper bass and slightly reduces treble.

Some designs allow for wearing looped around the ear like many iems, but most earbuds just sit in the outer ear.

If you were to properly seal an earbud somehow, you'd probably be overwhelmed by bass to extreme levels. Since these drivers are tuned for open listening and are bigger than most dynamic driver IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back