Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #40,862 of 75,463
Thank you for being critical and honest, that is what i need buddy..

will keep an eye on those while waiting for my vido arrived! Any other suggestions will much appreciated

Edited : how about buds coming from moondrop like shiro yuki (their entry level) or nameless? And from sfr pt15 or 25? Are they good or willsound mk2 is better?
Pt15 has significantly less bass extension and mid bass punch. Nameless wouldn't match it either judging from the countless comparisons ive read to earbuds I own. Nameless is neutral tuned but with the typical earbud sub bass roll off.

Besides the mk2 I'm struggling to think of another budget earbud with the same bass impact, while retaining clear-balanced mids and treble.

Only through modding can you reach the level of stock mk2, and possibly surpass it.

But in that same breathe, you can mod the mk2 to remove any mid bass bloat and it becomes an absolute neutrality beast with good sub bass extension and even cleaner mids.

But enough about that, all you need to know is the stock mk2 is an earbud everyone should own. :)

(I say this with no affiliation to willsound, I'm starting to sound like @chinmie now :p )

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #40,863 of 75,463
Ok ok, So I'm convinced to tryout earbuds once again after the to me disappointing VE Monk Lite (too crowded in fuller songs). Is there a model I should directly remove from this short list?

You're not alone buddy, monk lite and zen lite sounded unimpressive to my ears.

Zen 2.0 and monk plus are better earbuds than the lite series IMO. Despite their own quirks, they have a more natural refined sound.

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #40,864 of 75,463
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #40,867 of 75,463
Pt15 has significantly less bass extension and mid bass punch. Nameless wouldn't match it either judging from the countless comparisons ive read to earbuds I own. Nameless is neutral tuned but with the typical earbud sub bass roll off.

Besides the mk2 I'm struggling to think of another budget earbud with the same bass impact, while retaining clear-balanced mids and treble.

Only through modding can you reach the level of stock mk2, and possibly surpass it.

But in that same breathe, you can mod the mk2 to remove any mid bass bloat and it becomes an absolute neutrality beast with good sub bass extension and even cleaner mids.

But enough about that, all you need to know is the stock mk2 is an earbud everyone should own. :)

(I say this with no affiliation to willsound, I'm starting to sound like @chinmie now :p )

lol.. thank you very much, ok then i will try that willsound mk2 after trying my vido later. Thank you for this great recommendation!

I have both and I prefer the sound signature of MK2 btw.

Nice, maybe MK2 is safest bet afterall. on my buying list. Thank you

Could anyone give impressions on willsound mk3 ?

from what i read mk3 is the brightest among 3, its for treble / bright signature lover.

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #40,870 of 75,463
My friends....moondrop nameles or nicehck eb2? Waiting for yincrow rw-9 to arrive.

Thank you in advance.

I've made a review about the NiceHCK EB2 just yesterday.
If you want just give it an eye, it can maybe help you if you're are still confused about the sound.

I do not know about the moondrop nameless, but many people say it has impactless bass and low performance on the upper mids.. but then everyone's different and i haven't tried them so you should maybe follow your heart when buying a pair of earphones you cannot try

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #40,872 of 75,463
Just out of curiosity, what are some good sub-$50 earbuds that don't require foam covers? I like the Earpods for that; if they get earwax or something on them I can just wipe it off and not have to bother with replacing foams, plus they fit more easily. But all of the good earbuds I've seen recommended need foam covers or they sound too thin, if I'm not mistaken.

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #40,874 of 75,463
I've made a review about the NiceHCK EB2 just yesterday.
If you want just give it an eye, it can maybe help you if you're are still confused about the sound.

I do not know about the moondrop nameless, but many people say it has impactless bass and low performance on the upper mids.. but then everyone's different and i haven't tried them so you should maybe follow your heart when buying a pair of earphones you cannot try
Thank you, mates.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #40,875 of 75,463
My friends....moondrop nameles or nicehck eb2? Waiting for yincrow rw-9 to arrive.

Thank you in advance.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, they both sound good, although I did sell my Moondrop Nameless because they are a little large for my ears, whereas the EB2 is more comfortable.

I also no longer have the Moondrop Nameless because of fit issues. I love the fit and the sound of the EB2. Very happy with it.

Just out of curiosity, what are some good sub-$50 earbuds that don't require foam covers? I like the Earpods for that; if they get earwax or something on them I can just wipe it off and not have to bother with replacing foams, plus they fit more easily. But all of the good earbuds I've seen recommended need foam covers or they sound too thin, if I'm not mistaken.

I have the Memt T5 earpod and I love it... sounds great to me... no foams.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds/32925960251.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back