1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. DynamicEars
    I dont want to collect many buds, just want a good 1 all arounder to play with, so maybe instead of i spend $50 for 5 buds, i rather go with 1 bud that superior to them.
    Thats why i asked for recommendation from experienced users here so i dont waste time and money to try 1 by 1.

Thanks for RY4S suggestion btw

seanc6441 likes this.
  2. Bartig
    Ah, thanks. Shame, I love the total blue color. :p

3. exavolt
    I've said similar sentence before. Now I have more earbuds than in-ears...

ValSilva and DynamicEars like this.
  4. DynamicEars
    Lol so.. These willsound MK1 and MK2..
    I like balanced signature with good vocal and soundstage, but sometimes also craving for a good textured punch bass (not edm type) my genre is jazz, pop, groove, blues, pop rock.

Should i get willsound MK1 or MK2?
    Of course after a judgement with my upcoming vido, i really need to know if im going to like earbud type since I ve never got hooked into buds but i also never heard a proper good bud before (just free ones that came with samsung / sony phones, and i assume theyre bad?
    Still cant think how buds can give good sub bass compared to iem..

5. mbwilson111
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Bartig likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    The Vido will tell you if that shape shell is good for you. The Willsounds use that shell and you would not want to special order one if that does not fit you. Also, you will find that foams affect the sound. I cannot get a good fit or good base without foams. Depends on your ears.

As for the ones that came with phones, some people recable them with great results.

Sub bass... you will be surprised. Depends on how the bud is tuned.

@DynamicEars I forgot to comment on the first part of your post. I think our taste in music and sound signature might be similar..although to that list I would add folk, singer songwriter, Americana, world music, and more. My Mark1 rev.2 is great for for all of that.

7. waynes world
    I have the MK2's and I agree that they are great. Also great are the Yincrow RW9's for $20 (I enjoy them just as much, if not more):
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...at-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Earbud/32868456063.html

8. Dabbaranks
    I think for willsound everything on rholuplat.com that says ready stock does not need to be “made to order” when I ordered my mk2s and they shipped the next day. I think only mmcx and or requests need to be custom order. That being said I’m still waiting for my custom order that shipped 3 weeks ago :dt880smile:

Also highly recommend willsound mk2 for anyone not planning on having a collection.

DynamicEars, DBaldock9 and jogawag like this.
  9. mbwilson111
    I know. I just am more nervous when I order from there and the shipping cost is high. Also mine sat in customs forever and I was worried.

I will say that the Kubes etc that I ordered from Indonesia arrived very quickly for me in the UK... about a week...except for that one that is still missing. My first orange Kube1. So happy that the second one arrived safely (along with several other buds)

10. Dabbaranks
    I’m suspecting the same is happening with the order I’m waiting for, I’d like to hope that other parts of the world do not experience the horrible shipping/custom check times of Canada post. I lived in Shanghai for a bit and China’s shipping services are like miles ahead of us, their regular domestic shipping is like amazon prime lol.

HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  11. mbwilson111
    Our orders from Aliexpress come fairly quickly... probably average is about two weeks... varies from 6 days to 6 weeks (rare).

Amazon Prime is great.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. FastAndClean
    Today i decided to try the OURART on the Melissa Menago - Little Crimes (2016) [FLAC 24] album, let me tell you something, that thing has one of the best mids that i have ever heard, the mids sound very different from normal headphone or in ear
    they are like floating in the air, very hard to explain, if you are vocal lover or acoustic you cant beat that ting for the price of 59$, prove me wrong

13. viatraco
    Do you have Ti7 or ACG ?

14. FastAndClean
    ACG

viatraco likes this.
  15. seanc6441
    Pt15 has significantly less bass extension and mid bass punch. Nameless wouldn't match it either judging from the countless comparisons ive read to earbuds I own. Nameless is neutral tuned but with the typical earbud sub bass roll off.

Besides the mk2 I'm struggling to think of another budget earbud with the same bass impact, while retaining clear-balanced mids and treble.

Only through modding can you reach the level of stock mk2, and possibly surpass it.

But in that same breathe, you can mod the mk2 to remove any mid bass bloat and it becomes an absolute neutrality beast with good sub bass extension and even cleaner mids.

But enough about that, all you need to know is the stock mk2 is an earbud everyone should own. :)

(I say this with no affiliation to willsound, I'm starting to sound like @chinmie now :p )