Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #40,846 of 75,069
Vido is a good start but don't forget it's a $3 earbud. Bass is strong, mids and a little recessed as is parts of the treble, bit uneven FR on some units. Modest soundstage, a little hazy imaging. I'm being critical but for the price its excellent, but doesnt match some more expensive products IMO.

Other cheap but good earbuds include:

RY4S UE (average but not great staging in stock form sadly)
Yincrow RW-9 (dunno never heard it but its the newest in the yincrow line up and highly praised)
Kube (good staging, potentially amazing staging with mods)
Emx500 (Wide spacious staging, maybe the best soundstage in budget earbuds)

Next step is Willsound mk2, the best all rounder under $50? One of the best under $100. I think so anyway. Very good soundstage, very balanced. Neutral treble and punchy well extended bass. Slightly low mid dip, but middle mids are forward so vocals dont sound distant, just not overly full.
Don't forget the QianYum Qian69,

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #40,847 of 75,069
Ok ok, So I'm convinced to tryout earbuds once again after the to me disappointing VE Monk Lite (too crowded in fuller songs). Is there a model I should directly remove from this short list?

You just need to hit the 'Buy' button :wink:

Also, people here are generally recommending the UE-cabled RY4S (the third and fourth 'color').

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #40,848 of 75,069
Seconding Sean, go get RY4S (or try their cheaper variant; but better avoid RY04) too. It's a bit bright, kinda MH755's bright but smoother, and has less sub-bass.

Or, just get a bunch of them. I think you can get some good buds for $50. I'd add Snow Lotus 1.0(+) too but it's a bit dark.

I dont want to collect many buds, just want a good 1 all arounder to play with, so maybe instead of i spend $50 for 5 buds, i rather go with 1 bud that superior to them.
Thats why i asked for recommendation from experienced users here so i dont waste time and money to try 1 by 1.

Thanks for RY4S suggestion btw

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #40,849 of 75,069
You just need to hit the 'Buy' button :wink:

Also, people here are generally recommending the UE-cabled RY4S (the third and fourth 'color').
Ah, thanks. Shame, I love the total blue color. :p

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #40,850 of 75,069
Thats why i asked for recommendation from experienced users here so i dont waste time and money to try 1 by 1.
I've said similar sentence before. Now I have more earbuds than in-ears...

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #40,851 of 75,069
I've said similar sentence before. Now I have more earbuds than in-ears...

Lol so.. These willsound MK1 and MK2..
I like balanced signature with good vocal and soundstage, but sometimes also craving for a good textured punch bass (not edm type) my genre is jazz, pop, groove, blues, pop rock.

Should i get willsound MK1 or MK2?
Of course after a judgement with my upcoming vido, i really need to know if im going to like earbud type since I ve never got hooked into buds but i also never heard a proper good bud before (just free ones that came with samsung / sony phones, and i assume theyre bad?
Still cant think how buds can give good sub bass compared to iem..

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #40,852 of 75,069
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #40,853 of 75,069
I like balanced signature with good vocal and soundstage, but sometimes also craving for a good textured punch bass (not edm type) my genre is jazz, pop, groove, blues, pop rock.

Of course after a judgement with my upcoming vido, i really need to know if im going to like earbud type since I ve never got hooked into buds but i also never heard a proper good bud before (just free ones that came with samsung / sony phones, and i assume theyre bad?

The Vido will tell you if that shape shell is good for you. The Willsounds use that shell and you would not want to special order one if that does not fit you. Also, you will find that foams affect the sound. I cannot get a good fit or good base without foams. Depends on your ears.

As for the ones that came with phones, some people recable them with great results.

Sub bass... you will be surprised. Depends on how the bud is tuned.

@DynamicEars I forgot to comment on the first part of your post. I think our taste in music and sound signature might be similar..although to that list I would add folk, singer songwriter, Americana, world music, and more. My Mark1 rev.2 is great for for all of that.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #40,854 of 75,069

I have the MK2's and I agree that they are great. Also great are the Yincrow RW9's for $20 (I enjoy them just as much, if not more):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...at-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Earbud/32868456063.html

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #40,855 of 75,069
The Vido will tell you if that shape shell is good for you. The Willsounds use that shell and you would not want to special order one if that does not fit you. Also, you will find that foams affect the sound. I cannot get a good fit or good base without foams. Depends on your ears.

As for the ones that came with phones, some people recable them with great results.

Sub bass... you will be surprised. Depends on how the bud is tuned.

I think for willsound everything on rholuplat.com that says ready stock does not need to be “made to order” when I ordered my mk2s and they shipped the next day. I think only mmcx and or requests need to be custom order. That being said I’m still waiting for my custom order that shipped 3 weeks ago :dt880smile:

Also highly recommend willsound mk2 for anyone not planning on having a collection.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #40,856 of 75,069
I think for willsound everything on rholuplat.com that says ready stock does not need to be “made to order” when I ordered my mk2s and they shipped the next day

I know. I just am more nervous when I order from there and the shipping cost is high. Also mine sat in customs forever and I was worried.

I will say that the Kubes etc that I ordered from Indonesia arrived very quickly for me in the UK... about a week...except for that one that is still missing. My first orange Kube1. So happy that the second one arrived safely (along with several other buds)

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #40,857 of 75,069
I know. I just am more nervous when I order from there and the shipping cost is high. Also mine sat in customs forever and I was worried.

I will say that the Kubes etc that I ordered from Indonesia arrived very quickly for me in the UK... about a week...except for that one that is still missing. My first orange Kube1. So happy that the second one arrived safely (along with several other buds)

I’m suspecting the same is happening with the order I’m waiting for, I’d like to hope that other parts of the world do not experience the horrible shipping/custom check times of Canada post. I lived in Shanghai for a bit and China’s shipping services are like miles ahead of us, their regular domestic shipping is like amazon prime lol.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #40,858 of 75,069
I’m suspecting the same is happening with the order I’m waiting for, I’d like to hope that other parts of the world do not experience the horrible shipping/custom check times of Canada post. I lived in Shanghai for a bit and China’s shipping services are like miles ahead of us, their regular domestic shipping is like amazon prime lol.

Our orders from Aliexpress come fairly quickly... probably average is about two weeks... varies from 6 days to 6 weeks (rare).

Amazon Prime is great.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #40,859 of 75,069
Today i decided to try the OURART on the Melissa Menago - Little Crimes (2016) [FLAC 24] album, let me tell you something, that thing has one of the best mids that i have ever heard, the mids sound very different from normal headphone or in ear
they are like floating in the air, very hard to explain, if you are vocal lover or acoustic you cant beat that ting for the price of 59$, prove me wrong

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #40,860 of 75,069
Today i decided to try the OURART on the Melissa Menago - Little Crimes (2016) [FLAC 24] album, let me tell you something, that thing has one of the best mids that i have ever heard, the mids sound very different from normal headphone or in ear
they are like floating in the air, very hard to explain, if you are vocal lover or acoustic you cant beat that ting for the price of 59$, prove me wrong

Do you have Ti7 or ACG ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back