Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #38,041 of 75,429
The OurArt Ti7 are in my ears right now and I could swear I'm listening to a full sized headphone they have such a full sound

Can you please confirm how the bass presence/extension is? I've been eyeing them forever but was hesitant because I have read so many reviews that it is bass light... Bass compared to vido or emx or Samsara? Thank you for any insight and clarity! :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #38,044 of 75,429
Oops. You posted as I was posting... Thanks for the details. :)
I don't know if you are waiting for panda to reply but the bass is not anywhere near vido levels. It's got enough mid bass-upper bass for a full lower frequency tonality but the sub bass is severly rolled off. It doesn't even have that punchy bass you get with buds like shozy bk or other moderately bassy buds.

It's just not capable of delivering deep bass. If it was it would be the best earbud under $150 for a neutral-darker signature.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #38,047 of 75,429
I am using a good desktop dac/amp and I think it feeds the Ti7 very well, I have found that using the Linsoul BLD150 that when I take that out the amp and plug it into my iBasso DX200 I get much more bass

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #38,048 of 75,429
Ok thank you for the clarification. Given our previous conversations/posts I think I need a but that leans more on the bass head side... Panda has sources that can bring the bass out. I don't know that I do...

Much appreciated!

I don't know if you are waiting for panda to reply but the bass is not anywhere near vido levels. It's got enough mid bass-upper bass for a full lower frequency tonality but the sub bass is severly rolled off. It doesn't even have that punchy bass you get with buds like shozy bk or other moderately bassy buds.

It's just not capable of delivering deep bass. If it was it would be the best earbud under $150 for a neutral-darker signature.

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #38,050 of 75,429
You need blox earphones and the ufoears ufo-112

i heard the bass is really special on the ufo. I'll pass on the blox until i hear it myself. i almost made the mistake on the TM9 based on my friends reviews, it turns out it's not my preferenced sound

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #38,051 of 75,429
i heard the bass is really special on the ufo. I'll pass on the blox until i hear it myself. i almost made the mistake on the TM9 based on my friends reviews, it turns out it's not my preferenced sound
Maybe you'll like the new tm9, and yes ufo112 bass makes me feel like I have my asg1plus back, it was my endgame.

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #38,052 of 75,429
I just started the burn-in process so everything I said here might or might not be 100% accurate a few days from now- that being said - (1) the first impression is that the high and low impedance version do sound quite similar. I'll say the high impedance version is ever so slightly more matured and refined while the low impedance version sounds just a tiny bit more energetic, but the difference is rather subtle. You might not have noticed it if not paying attention.(2) I think K's own assessment that the Bell-Ti is Poseidon's (as well as Black Ling's) upgrade is fair. Both version sound fantastic new out of the box and immediately I prefer both version over the old K's flagships. (3) The new Bell-Ti are probably the most neutral in tuning compared to the older K's flagship - but they are not completely neutral as they still has a warmish tone that is known to be K's house sound. However, they are very well balanced as far as the overall frequency distribution goes. Compared to the older K's, which mostly has a smoother upper range and slightly tilting to the mid~lower end, the Bell-Ti's treble can actually be said to be somewhat crisp and detailed.
Thanks for your first sight impression. I am looking forward to your further burn-in passed impression. :slight_smile: BTW I heard that SVARA plans to release the revised SVARA-L and SVARA-M in this month. Moreover, I see ZEVA 490 Ohm earbuds in taobao. There are 3.5, 2.5 and 4.4 mm version. Customer feedbacks look mainly positive. May I know your thought on this ZEVA brand?

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #38,053 of 75,429
Thanks for your first sight impression. I am looking forward to your further burn-in passed impression. :slight_smile: BTW I heard that SVARA plans to release the revised SVARA-L and SVARA-M in this month. Moreover, I see ZEVA 490 Ohm earbuds in taobao. There are 3.5, 2.5 and 4.4 mm version. Customer feedbacks look mainly positive. May I know your thought on this ZEVA brand?

Svara is really more of an ever evolving brand. The maker like to keep improving his products as he is more of an engineer than a businessman. For what I know, there have been countless small variation along the way and the current version is definitely not 100% the same as the one I have.

Here is ZEVA 490ohm (also referred as 500ohm sometime), otherwaise known as DonHuang / "Eastern Emperor".
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2443#post-14544181

It is actually quite a good sounding ToTL earbuds, provided if you can drive it from a desktop amp as it is one of the most demanding earbuds I have ever listened. ZEVA makes really good and bang for the bucks earbuds. I highly recommend its Dragon 2.0 - which is far easier to drive and has a rare sound signature that combined big soundstage with a very delicated vocal. It is also very much a ToTL level earbud but very affordable. The only downside is that there is a long waiting list even on Taobao.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #38,054 of 75,429
YINcoming :) Thx @ClieOS
Everything is cool!
P81201-105752-001.jpgP81201-111719-001-001.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #38,055 of 75,429

Users who are viewing this thread

Back