1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. DBaldock9
    Those are the ones - I've got the set with the black shells and 3.5mm plug.
    I ordered them on 05-DEC-17, and they arrived just before I left on my Christmas Holiday trip to my Sister's house in Mississippi.
    During the last year, the wires have turned pretty green, where they loop over my ears (I wear all of my earbuds with the cable over-the-ear).

waynes world likes this.
  2. Grayson73
    Sensitivity. Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus at 38 volume, RY4S at 49, VE Monk (original) at 55

I think the RY4S has the best sound quality and clarity, but sound sig wise, it might prefer SL 1.0+ or Monk because they have more bass. I don't think I want to mod it though, because I'm looking for a cheap earbud that I can buy a lot of to give as a Christmas gift.

HungryPanda likes this.
  3. ShabtabQ
    So one of my friend he blasts off music on his ears, so I wanted to know if it's bad for an earbud and IEM if played on loud volume for sometime.

He tried my EB2 and maxed out his ohone volume, so much that me sitting beside him vould hear the music, and now I am having a feeling that sound is distorted dont know if itsi placebo.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. subwoof3r
    Hey everybody,

Yesterday I finally decided to switch from ali foams to VE thin foams (the same ones as purposed to both Blox TM9 and YIN packages).
    Now I clearly understand why they were purposed by Woo with them.
    It's like I'm listening to another earbuds, Now, I'm just in an audio heaven with the YIN !

There is now no longer any single issue with the highs.
    Sparkle, and fine details are now there (without any kind of sibilance at all). Overall sound is now much more homogeneous, everything is at a real TOTL level this time.
    Also, soundstage seems even more large and deep. Now I definitely believe and join @ClieOS about those Blox beeing one of the best in term of soundstage from any earbuds till now.
    The only cons with those VE thin foams is that the bass is now very slightly lacking some presence (but not by much! there is still subbass presence).

So, definitely, YIN is made to be heard with extreme thin foams to truly appreciate its sound quality.
    Personally this is for now the only earbuds I don't see any issue at all. To me, those YIN sound close to perfection.

This time @seanc6441 I can confirm you that mids are much less congested, they turned to be now fuller and have much more presence than TM9. You really should try the upgrade if you can :)

golov17 and HungryPanda like this.
  5. ClieOS Contributor
    Congrats on finally hearing the soul of your TM9.

golov17 and subwoof3r like this.
  6. snip3r77
    Seems like great review for ourart acg at FB. They claim it’s a giant killer

7. snip3r77
    4BF0E4F9-FC9C-4D24-8451-4EC574723AD4.jpeg

8. kurtextrem
    I'm now a proud owner of a MoonDrop Liebesleid!

The sound is quite similar to the TO400s and perfectly my type of sound. At 0 hours burn-in I'd rate the Liebesleid over the TO400s, but not by much. Everything sounds fuller, more bass, but not day and night. I payed around 50$ for TO400s and 200$ for the Liebesleid. I guess I will have to buy the TO600 and/or Ourart ACG to compare lol
    The Liebesleid has a slightly larger housing and the fit is slightly worse compared to the TO400s.

Apart from everything sounds "more alive", details / separation is better, soundstage slightly better.

IMG_20181130_131339.jpg

9. palestofwhite
    New Rose Masya or OURART ACG as the new king of soundstage? :hugging:

10. seanc6441
    Probably ACG. It's probably a TI7 with enhanced treble, so more detail and separation. The imaging was already top class in Ti7, soundstage was intimate but still spacious.

But I'm guessing the masya pro has better quality and impactful bass, thus more balanced overall.

I still think ourart should make a dual driver with ACG driver and a high quality bass driver. It would sound $1000 :)

11. HungryPanda
    I have the original Ti7 and it has more than enough treble

12. silverfishla
    This one I will get because I liked the original a lot. The vocals on the original OurArt were one of my favorites of all my buds.

seanc6441 likes this.
  13. seanc6441
    It does but I wouldn't call it bright, i think ACG was tuned for detail retreival and thus will be brighter.

Though the TI7 had the best quality 'darker' treble as it was super consistent.

14. seanc6441
    The timbre was unreal. Reminded me of my HD540ii open backs, and those were legendary for their realistic timbre.

15. HungryPanda
    I'm listening to them now and they are wonderful. I use donut foams and wear them over ear