Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #36,631 of 75,149
The Simphonio Dragon2+ is one of my favorite earbuds since the last two months. It has a transparent midrange and can produce pretty high level of micro detail. The bass tuning is not appropriate for certain genres, but I think that it is good enough for genres such as jazz or acoustic music. The soundstage performance is also quite successful. The only remarkable downside for many users could be the price.

20180804_005243.jpg

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #36,632 of 75,149
The Simphonio Dragon2+ is one of my favorite earbuds since the last two months. It has a transparent midrange and can produce pretty high level of micro detail. The bass tuning is not appropriate for certain genres, but I think that it is good enough for genres such as jazz or acoustic music. The soundstage performance is also quite successful. The only remarkable downside for many users could be the price.

Yes, really lucky for those who have Massdrop delivery for two hundred bucks

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #36,633 of 75,149

Just made me feel like taking mine out for a listen again... :D

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #36,636 of 75,149
EB51.jpg

WillSound MK1 Special Edition
ZEVA 雪灵 Snow
ZEVA 塞壬 Siren
ZEVA 东皇 DonHuang (*East Emperor)

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #36,638 of 75,149
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #36,639 of 75,149
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #36,640 of 75,149
Thanks for your recommendation. Tbh, I prefer hear your take on RA2.0B and RA2.0 and how they paired with the Ve Zen.

Well if you wants to hear my take of how I feel about the zens paired with the 2 amp ok then , since your kind of music signature preferences of smooth and love playing loud music with the zens is of similar to my preference for warmth smoothing sounding Sig on loud , that means we're both at least on the same frequency level .
Which make me feel won't waste quality time interacts with you .

but I have to tell you in advance , don't expect too much from my answer , if u want to ask very technical or very specific things then I'm not the one . There are better ones out there mainly because of my describing skill are very poor and not very good at finding the correct , proper or most suitable, appropriate words to describe something correctly.
My answer i try to give are always the most simple and most straight forward , Good or not good only.

Both RA2.0 , RA2B are very good with the zens . If the RA2.0 can drive the zens to heaven then the RA2B can drive the zens to outer space.
Which means the balanced are much much better to drive and sound much more better on the zens than the single end .

But one thing is when you conpare the spec chart with the $300+ RA2.0 to the $800+ RA2B .
Topology wise are of course very different because one is a balanced and the other a single end , the implementation on the caps , opamps are very much different too , so the sounding of course is very the different ? No not quite , at least what I'm listening on my ears .
Both share that same sig, not overly bright nor thin , but very rich , smooth and lush with the zens .

My listening experience with both is that both the RA2B , RA2.0 had excel in everything what my expectations is for my taste of a headphones amp . what ever genre songs , type of music I throw at them , melodeath metal , heavy metal , rock pop edm techno sentiment , instruments , guitars , drums , bass , Especially live recordings which I love most , they sing with the Zen and sing it beautifully without a hiss .
Neutral natural sound, balanced without coloured anything on the Zen.

In regards with sound , Both RA2.0 and RA2B are on par with each other , the main difference between this two is one is a balanced with full size XLR input/output , the other as a single end 3.5mm input/output .

Driving Power aside .

The other noticeable difference when doing side by side comparison between the 2 is the Balanced sound more fuller more lush and energy than the single end .
Other than the points above I found nothing too noticeable difference in sonic between them .

I really loved both amp combo with the zens especially the Zen with oyaide wires than the bright Sig of the cardas golden ratio zoe , but with all honesty I loved them all , they all sing very beautifully without shouty or overly harsh in anyway .
Great combo among each other .

If I'm experiencing , having and enjoying TOTL , very Hi end quality results with the Zen earbud + Runabout amp combination , so can you too bro to experience what I had experienced with the combination .

No need to think too much about it bro, now that I give u the confidence , go grab that $200+ RA2 Bal Lite combo with your Zen . Your dap should be a good complement to the combo , just like how my LGV20 , QLS QA360 , QA360LE a good complement with the combo .
[/QUOTE]

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #36,641 of 75,149
that is what exactly i believe too..
any type of plug decreasing signal quality.. when you use a replacable cable you have three unnecessary connections;
soldering cable to the male plug, then male and female plugs contacting somehow and then soldering that female plug to another cable inside the shell (sometimes it's impossible to use your desired cable inside the shell) and another solder to the driver.. instead of one connection you have four connections now.. quality of solder can't compensate signal loss but only can reduce..
direct soldering is much easy and best way to transmit a signal for me..

Why the need to be so stressed about changing wires ... Like you said so many connections after one replacement of wires .. I don't know the others but I only interested in overall how the phone sound after wire change , that goes the same with connectors , there's only 3 outcome after 're cable , either you pick up no change in sound , sound better or sound worse .
I don't really bother about the soldering , or the type of connectors use or the type of wires to be very Frank , I'm all after forbthe end result , how the sound sounded like in my ears . Only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back