Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #36,646 of 75,422
Hello guys!

I need a good indication of a nice earbud for my wife, but it need to have: sound quality, size (her ear is really small), low impendance (she will never use a amp) and low price. I was thinking about the monk lite. I have a pair of Zen LL and it fits really well on her ear. Do you know anything better? The best shoud be that one that you can fall sleep with it without any
discomfort.

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #36,647 of 75,422
detachable cables are for cable tinkerers and those who favor versatility. (i belong on the latter)
sometimes when people wants to experience /experiment on cables, it's still best to have detachables, so they can hear the difference quickly. once they know what cables are suited for them, then they can have their option to solder them permanently.

i like some buds/iems to have detachable cables for purposes of using them as bluetooths.

for both scenarios, any sound degradation from the connectors is minimal compared to the benefit of convenience

Detachable cables are a must-have for me because replacing a cable is preferable to buying a whole new IEM or earbud. I don't believe cables make a difference sound-wise.

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #36,648 of 75,422
Got these from @seanc6441 today :) @WillSound PK32! Allegedly the version with improved bass but I can't quite tell yet. These are suuuper comfortable and are doing a great job reproducing the hyperactive chiptronica of Anamanaguchi's 'Endless Fantasy' album :)

IMG_20181017_213315.jpg

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #36,649 of 75,422
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Rose Masyas tonight, I don't listen to them enough

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #36,650 of 75,422
Hello guys!

I need a good indication of a nice earbud for my wife, but it need to have: sound quality, size (her ear is really small), low impendance (she will never use a amp) and low price. I was thinking about the monk lite. I have a pair of Zen LL and it fits really well on her ear. Do you know anything better? The best shoud be that one that you can fall sleep with it without any
discomfort.

There's very little choice in budget for that shell unfortunately. The only ones I know are Monk Lite, Qian39, and Edifier H180. They're all cheap (you can use the coupon on this store to get the Edifier for $6 USD: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=c6269108-c1d1-48cb-b1eb-1fac921e5716).

The Toneking ROS1 and Auglaour RX1 are even smaller but closer to $30 than $5. Toneking has a 14mm shell diameter and the Auglamour RX-1 is 15.5mm instead of the usual 16 mm+ but I don't think they're as flat so they might not be as good for side sleepers but they should fit a small ear better.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #36,651 of 75,422
Hello guys!

discomfort.

what's your budget? look for yuin styled shell. for that Zen lite type shell, i think the zen is the best in term of SQ, while the cheaper one would be monk lites and the qian 39. for yuin shell, the best is the SWD2+ and lot of other for the cheaper one

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #36,653 of 75,422
Well if you wants to hear my take of how I feel about the zens paired with the 2 amp ok then , since your kind of music signature preferences of smooth and love playing loud music with the zens is of similar to my preference for warmth smoothing sounding Sig on loud , that means we're both at least on the same frequency level .
Which make me feel won't waste quality time interacts with you .

but I have to tell you in advance , don't expect too much from my answer , if u want to ask very technical or very specific things then I'm not the one . There are better ones out there mainly because of my describing skill are very poor and not very good at finding the correct , proper or most suitable, appropriate words to describe something correctly.
My answer i try to give are always the most simple and most straight forward , Good or not good only.

Both RA2.0 , RA2B are very good with the zens . If the RA2.0 can drive the zens to heaven then the RA2B can drive the zens to outer space.
Which means the balanced are much much better to drive and sound much more better on the zens than the single end .

But one thing is when you conpare the spec chart with the $300+ RA2.0 to the $800+ RA2B .
Topology wise are of course very different because one is a balanced and the other a single end , the implementation on the caps , opamps are very much different too , so the sounding of course is very the different ? No not quite , at least what I'm listening on my ears .
Both share that same sig, not overly bright nor thin , but very rich , smooth and lush with the zens .

My listening experience with both is that both the RA2B , RA2.0 had excel in everything what my expectations is for my taste of a headphones amp . what ever genre songs , type of music I throw at them , melodeath metal , heavy metal , rock pop edm techno sentiment , instruments , guitars , drums , bass , Especially live recordings which I love most , they sing with the Zen and sing it beautifully without a hiss .
Neutral natural sound, balanced without coloured anything on the Zen.

In regards with sound , Both RA2.0 and RA2B are on par with each other , the main difference between this two is one is a balanced with full size XLR input/output , the other as a single end 3.5mm input/output .

Driving Power aside .

The other noticeable difference when doing side by side comparison between the 2 is the Balanced sound more fuller more lush and energy than the single end .
Other than the points above I found nothing too noticeable difference in sonic between them .

I really loved both amp combo with the zens especially the Zen with oyaide wires than the bright Sig of the cardas golden ratio zoe , but with all honesty I loved them all , they all sing very beautifully without shouty or overly harsh in anyway .
Great combo among each other .

If I'm experiencing , having and enjoying TOTL , very Hi end quality results with the Zen earbud + Runabout amp combination , so can you too bro to experience what I had experienced with the combination .

No need to think too much about it bro, now that I give u the confidence , go grab that $200+ RA2 Bal Lite combo with your Zen . Your dap should be a good complement to the combo , just like how my LGV20 , QLS QA360 , QA360LE a good complement with the combo .
Thanks so much for your impressions. I'll consider it.
As I'm more into the portable gears, the RA2bl is a little bulky, but the sound might worth it.

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #36,655 of 75,422
but the sound might worth it.

Do consider Fellow zen owner if you like the way zen sounds to you .
Ultimately the sound is what we're after for . It would be a waste opportunity if one were to own a Zen but didn't get to experience its true colours .
At the end of the day , it's the end result which counts .

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #36,656 of 75,422
Shozy BK have 16 ohm, btw, not need amp for good sound
I tried it some months ago. Its sound is good but it's not what I'm looking for.

Do consider Fellow zen owner if you like the way zen sounds to you .
Ultimately the sound is what we're after for . It would be a waste opportunity if one were to own a Zen but didn't get to experience its true colours .
At the end of the day , it's the end result which counts .
Can't agree more. Just waiting for my payday and jump on the train.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #36,657 of 75,422
I tried it some months ago. Its sound is good but it's not what I'm looking for.

Can't agree more. Just waiting for my payday and jump on the train.

Let me tell you , if after you pair up the zen with the runabout without experience any kick or any satisfaction feel very disappointed, never mind i will stand straight straight in front of you and you use that amp to hit me .

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #36,658 of 75,422
Back to music listening after many many months :)
Thanks to Chord Poly, i never enjoyed my Zen black before like from last few days :)
IMG_20181018_173501.jpg

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #36,660 of 75,422
I has arrived

shozy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back