1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. seanc6441
    I appreciated it's wide soundstage, even if I didn't keep it (hard to compete with the mojito in width) it was the widest in all my budget earbuds with very clean mids.

2. j4100
    Nice one! Adhi found me a Vunbud.

3. -rowan-
    100% agree. I placed 2 orders with them and received neither. To be fair, they were quite prompt in issuing the refund the first time which was why I gave them a second chance. Thank f*** for Ali's refund policy. I haven't got my money back for the second order yet but it's being processed.

4. jant71
    There is a supposedly upgraded 3rd gen DX3s on BF sale at Penon. Recommended?? Not sure how it fits. Know the face diameter measurement?? We know the driver is 15mm but not the whole edge to edge measure minus any foams and such.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  5. abhijollyguy
    Neutral sounding best earbuds? Anyone?

6. Fizban
    Moondrop Nameless!

7. jogawag
    YINCROW RW-9

8. abhijollyguy
    I am actually looking at TOTL category.

chaiyuta likes this.
  9. waynes world
    Lucky you! Looking forward to your impressions.

10. HungryPanda
    I just measured my BGVP DX3s and it is 16.18mm across the face at it's thickest point

20181124_173229[1].jpg

KarmaPhala and DBaldock9 like this.
  11. jant71
    Cool! Thanks!

12. chaiyuta
    My Miracle Diamond is kinda neutral tone, though this model is already sold-out and discontinued. If you are going to TOTL tier, I advise you discussing with Mr. Spp Sutipong about his next upcoming model in the first quarter of next year. He also can tune based on customer preference.

golov17 likes this.
  13. Danneq
    It's difficult to find perfectly neutral earbuds even in the TOTL category. Something neutralish might be Cypherus ZoomFred. It has got a slight focus on bass with very deep sub bass for an earbud. I would also say that Simphonio SWD2+ is tilting toward a neutral sound but with a slight focus on upper mids and highs. So even if Zoomfred and SWD2+ in some ways are neutralish they still sound different from each other.

Two of the most neutral TOTL earbuds I've heard are both diiscontinued: Sennheiser MX980/985 and Cypherus CAX Black edition. But those to ALSO had some differences where MX980/985 has got a bit more sparkle in the treble and not too deep sub bass while CAX Black has got that sort of "analogue" that Cypherus earbuds share - a warm and musical sound that still does not sacrifice detail.

doggiemom, seanc6441 and DBaldock9 like this.
  14. Ziggomatic
    The Edifier H180 is a good choice at a little more than $10.

ShabtabQ and groucho69 like this.
  15. seanc6441
    it really helps to let us know if you want a tonally neutral earbud or a frequency response that is most balanced-neutral.

Because many buds are below neutral point in bass and treble response or do not extend as much as neutral headphones or speakers will. But have excellent midrange neutrality.

Others have a more general neutrality with great extension and reletively neutral mids, thus overall being more accurate and neutral. These usually come in the TOTL price range though.

For instance as danneq recommended the Cypherus Zoomfred which is most likely capable of delivering an accurate bass and treble response as it is a high end earbud which others have noted for it's extension and accuracy. So coming from headphones those will sound vastly more neutral than most buds that will come off as midcentric and mid forward in comparison.

But if you want the most realistic and neutral midrange timbre a Blur earbud might be what you're looking for or the SW dragon 2 + also mentioned above as those have been praised for their mids and sounding realistic and accurate in that sense.

WoodyLuvr and Danneq like this.