Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 24, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #35,596 of 75,321
Been using it for years...always vowed never to neglect it. However after acquiring various DAP's/amps such as Walnut F1 etc - I subsequently prefer balanced output, so the C&C BH got sidelined.
Ok it's only a class D amp, but I agree the battery life is awesome (> 60 hours!) - & the killer feature definitely is the voodoo-style "SF" switch - so wish ALL amps had one!! lol
- Perceptibly, it seems to expand the soundstage - whilst also magically changing the tonality of the frequency response...bazinga! :beerchug:

Class AB to be correct, as with most portable amp.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #35,597 of 75,321
On the HE 150PROs...
Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who likes a slight dark signature with good extension up top and nice deep extension down low. I switch around between my buds every so often. Between all of the budget offerings I have DIY Pk1 150ohm, Seahf 64, DIY Graphenes, DIY 300ohms, MX365, PT15, Faael 64 (Snow lotus?), etc... the HE150PROs are just.... awesome! They have had 100s of hours of use now and I find them to be spacious, holographic, and full-can-like. While not like my HD6XX there is such a difference between these and my other buds... I thought maybe it was just my imagination but after specifically A/Bing them with my other buds (again) they are definitely... amazing! I think the big difference right now is that they do match my preferred sound sig almost perfectly (though this may be affected by the recording as I do find very often they are exactly what I want) when compared to my buds and work pretty much with everything I listen to, and they are indeed holographic (3D). Though maybe not as wide as some other buds, the depth is quite palpable to my ears in that the sound is in front of me, unlike many other buds I've tried where the sound is around/behind me. Any kind of live recording with crowd noise is fantastic....

Full-range ability (hi to low) and presentation (width and depth)... can-like and very comfortable.

Love them... hope my incoming K's Samsara will take this to a new level....!!

:)

I'd be interested in your thoughts on how they compare. I'm a big 150Pro fan as well (I like them for the same reasons as you), and the Samsara is on my list...

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #35,599 of 75,321
Eh, whatever. Device into ears, sound comes out. Not hard to see the mixup.
Not if you are looking for something to buy, i spent a lot of time searching for earbuds and everything i got was iems i didn't even know if there was a name for what i was looking for since most people mixed those names all the time, so it was a pretty obnoxious task.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #35,602 of 75,321
Would EB2 be a good bud for all-around use prior to getting Willsound buds, or do they even compare?
Overall they would compare quite well, great clarity and separation, wide SS and good balance throughout the spectrum.

Willsounds that I owned tend to favour fuller vocals (except pk32) and the mk2 I own for instance definitely has more bass, but sacrifices some smoothness and separation.

The EB2 is definitely the more refined FR in terms of being versatile for most genres and still sounds musical.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #35,604 of 75,321
Overall they would compare quite well, great clarity and separation, wide SS and good balance throughout the spectrum.

Willsounds that I owned tend to favour fuller vocals (except pk32) and the mk2 I own for instance definitely has more bass, but sacrifices some smoothness and separation.

The EB2 is definitely the more refined FR in terms of being versatile for most genres and still sounds musical.
Probably eb2 is closer to mk3?

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #35,605 of 75,321
Probably eb2 is closer to mk3?
It's really close to pk32 tbh in terms of being wider than most earbuds, focus on clear mids and smooth detailed treble. Bass is slightly more linear on pk32 and slightly fuller -rounded on eb2(but not overly full or bassy in comparison to many other earbuds). Both have similar subdued but moderately extended sub bass.

Never heard the MK3 sorry.

I may be in the minority here but I don't like earbuds with soundstages

I think the BS1 Official still does what I want from a slightly mid centric earbud better than the EB2 or Pk32 or even shozy bk. But the EB2 way better value at it's discount price.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #35,606 of 75,321
So the EB2 would be a noticeable upgrade in sound from say, MX500 Bro (earbud) or Vido or Monk+ for example then? I still haven't seen a review anywhere on the MX500 Bro from NiceHCK. Any difference in size from MX500 shell? Also looking at the Faaeal Datura-X. Want a full rich sound with greater details than the MX500 Bro.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #35,607 of 75,321
Thanks for this. We hardly ever see such humility and kindness on the internet (or headfi) and it is so refreshing to see!
I was drinking last night. :joy: But thank you..... now back to my normal self. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The Willsound MK1 VJC arrived today. I am not really sure why I bought them........ I guess out of curiosity to see if a cable can really make a difference on a <$50 earbud. And because I am a sucker for custom/limited edition things.

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #35,608 of 75,321
I was drinking last night. :joy: But thank you..... now back to my normal self. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The Willsound MK1 VJC arrived today. I am not really sure why I bought them........ I guess out of curiosity to see if a cable can really make a difference on a <$50 earbud. And because I am a sucker for custom/limited edition things.

i tried my friend's MMCX VJC cable once on my iem, nice supple cable

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #35,609 of 75,321
So the EB2 would be a noticeable upgrade in sound from say, MX500 Bro (earbud) or Vido or Monk+ for example then? I still haven't seen a review anywhere on the MX500 Bro from NiceHCK. Any difference in size from MX500 shell? Also looking at the Faaeal Datura-X. Want a full rich sound with greater details than the MX500 Bro.
The eb2 is not particularly full-rich unless the source has that warm quality or you use a tube amp maybe lol. It is however detailed, clear and with great separation.

It's more focused on being clear and smooth and has enough bass to sound well balanced but it's noticeably lean and clear on my V30.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #35,610 of 75,321
The eb2 is not particularly full-rich unless the source has that warm quality or you use a tube amp maybe lol. It is however detailed, clear and with great separation.

It's more focused on being clear and smooth and has enough bass to sound well balanced but it's noticeably lean and clear on my V30.

Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll be using it with a hybrid tube amp mostly at my desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back