Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #35,582 of 75,131
No problem . Keep your venom coming lol
I truly hope that is not the way that I am perceived. :disappointed_relieved: I try to be positive and share my impessions and opinions, but if I see someone saying something that doesn’t make sense, it is in my nature to speak up. I respect your feedback though, so will try to take into account how my words will come across before I hit post going forward. I really do just love music though.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #35,584 of 75,131
I truly hope that is not the way that I am perceived. :disappointed_relieved: I try to be positive and share my oppressions and opinions, but if I see someone saying something that doesn’t make sense, it is in my nature to speak up. I respect your feedback though, so will try to take into account how my words will come across before I hit post going forward. I really do just love music though.
Venom=poison
In headfi the act of poisoning another individual would mean that you convinced him/her it's something that they need, aka need to buy xD

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #35,586 of 75,131
Venom=poison
In headfi the act of poisoning another individual would mean that you convinced him/her it's something that they need, aka need to buy xD
thank you for explaining that to me! Besides audio, my other hobby is reading, so I take things too literally. But people should buy the samsara if they can be gotten for a good price during one of the Ali sales. :) Not trying to ruin anyone’s marriage for sure! :sweat_smile: Love, love this hobby and forum.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #35,587 of 75,131
W.Ling very good with amp for female vocals
P80924-095347-001.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #35,588 of 75,131
After shopping around for good PK shell earbuds that tick all the boxes, I got the crazy feeling to get the BS1 official.
While I am not sure I will like the fit, the sound descriptions sound great.
I am just wondering if it will be an upgrade though, right now I only use the Willsound MK2, and all my other earbuds don't hold a candle to it.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #35,590 of 75,131
I truly hope that is not the way that I am perceived. :disappointed_relieved: I try to be positive and share my impessions and opinions, but if I see someone saying something that doesn’t make sense, it is in my nature to speak up. I respect your feedback though, so will try to take into account how my words will come across before I hit post going forward. I really do just love music though.

Thanks for this. We hardly ever see such humility and kindness on the internet (or headfi) and it is so refreshing to see!

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #35,591 of 75,131
The Linsoul BLD 150ohm from Massdrop came today. Aesthetically they are very nice: pretty cable and connector. They use Yuin shells, which I find really comfy. The sound signature is neutral to slightly mid-forward. Vocals are the strong point. Some instruments sound a little muddy/sluggish. These are not TOTL earbuds from a sound quality perspective, but are a good value at the Massdrop price, and look more expensive.

@bonson figured that these Fengru DIY PK1 2.5mm 150ohm looked suspiciously similar to the Linsoul BLD 150ohms, so I bought a pair. Based on your description of the Linsoul's, I do think that they are most likely the same thing. I really like them, but I do need to pump up the bass for most of types of music I listen to. For the $21 I paid, they are definitely worth it if one is looking for a neutrali-sh budget bud.

The Samsaras are really good. I like them so much that I bought 2: I carry one in my backpack for work, and the other is filed away in Case 7. :beyersmile: You could each get one!

I think am going to have to accept that I like bass and like "fun" sounding buds. This Samsaras talk is dangerous lol

Edit: I just got caught up on the posts. Keep your poison coming lol!

Recently re-purposed a disused C&C BH amp - rehoused in an aluminum case lid (Qian39 ) - it's cool paired up with Cayin N3.....sounds as sweet as.....

Nice re-packaging! I love the C&C BH amp as well. Small, great battery life, and simply works well. And it's "SF" switch is some nifty kind of voodoo. I've used mine daily since I got it. Classic :)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #35,593 of 75,131
Nice re-packaging! I love the C&C BH amp as well. Small, great battery life, and simply works well. And it's "SF" switch is some nifty kind of voodoo. I've used mine daily since I got it. Classic :)
Been using it for years...always vowed never to neglect it. However after acquiring various DAP's/amps such as Walnut F1 etc - I subsequently prefer balanced output, so the C&C BH got sidelined.
Ok it's only a class D amp, but I agree the battery life is awesome (> 60 hours!) - & the killer feature definitely is the voodoo-style "SF" switch - so wish ALL amps had one!! lol
- Perceptibly, it seems to expand the soundstage - whilst also magically changing the tonality of the frequency response...bazinga! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #35,595 of 75,131
On the HE 150PROs...
Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who likes a slight dark signature with good extension up top and nice deep extension down low. I switch around between my buds every so often. Between all of the budget offerings I have DIY Pk1 150ohm, Seahf 64, DIY Graphenes, DIY 300ohms, MX365, PT15, Faael 64 (Snow lotus?), etc... the HE150PROs are just.... awesome! They have had 100s of hours of use now and I find them to be spacious, holographic, and full-can-like. While not like my HD6XX there is such a difference between these and my other buds... I thought maybe it was just my imagination but after specifically A/Bing them with my other buds (again) they are definitely... amazing! I think the big difference right now is that they do match my preferred sound sig almost perfectly (though this may be affected by the recording as I do find very often they are exactly what I want) when compared to my buds and work pretty much with everything I listen to, and they are indeed holographic (3D). Though maybe not as wide as some other buds, the depth is quite palpable to my ears in that the sound is in front of me, unlike many other buds I've tried where the sound is around/behind me. Any kind of live recording with crowd noise is fantastic....

Full-range ability (hi to low) and presentation (width and depth)... can-like and very comfortable.

Love them... hope my incoming K's Samsara will take this to a new level....!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back