Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 25, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #32,371 of 75,580
Bah... discovered first MK2 drawback: with decent DAC/amp they are special, but on lesser sources they are just good. :triportsad:

Till today I've kept them hooked to my bedside piCorePlayer/NFB-11.32 combo and they were just flying. Today I've took them for a spin with my phone... oh well... it was too good to be true so far anyway.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #32,372 of 75,580
Bah... discovered first MK2 drawback: with decent DAC/amp they are special, but on lesser sources they are just good. :triportsad:

That could be said to all other earphones, because of the lesser DAC/amp. From what i experienced, better DAC will have better staging, especially on depth (can't cheat on depth with the cheaper DAC). Not to mention treble grain resolution. That's what the MK2 are good at, so it will be more noticable when we plug them to a weaker DAC like phones for example.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #32,373 of 75,580
I've also discovered something; that the mk2 thin foams and the aliexpress thin foams sound quite different. At first i did not bother to try the ali thin foams because well, I thought I already knew what the thins sounded like on the mk2's. Good, but not great IMO.

But now I have realised and tried the ali thin foams and WOW, so much better. Bass is way more solid, same great clarity afforded but a slightly tamed upper mid range (a good thing imo for the willsound can be a tiny bit sharp at times in that region) and the treble has remain unchanged as very neutral and airy.

For sure this is my final foam rolling on the mk2 for now because they sound great now with or without adding EQ on top (especially with some slight EQ) but overall just really amazing combo IMO.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #32,374 of 75,580
On another note, I need to gush about my K's black ling soon because it's just sonic heaven... The end to end extension is literally mesmerizing. I forget I'm listening to an earbud more so than any other bud in my collection. It's just so silky smooth and yet still textured and detailed when it needs to be.

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #32,375 of 75,580

Till today I've kept them hooked to my bedside piCorePlayer/NFB-11.32 combo and they were just flying. Today I've took them for a spin with my phone... oh well... it was too good to be true so far anyway.

I don't think you have much of a choice there and it pretty much applies to most of the earphones and IEMs...
It's almost by law that they scale according to the source they're being fed with... :ksc75smile:

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #32,376 of 75,580
You forgot the variable of what a person's ears might be made of....for example, tin. :) Apparently, you agree that the BS1 was overly hyped as possible TOTL.
I love when people share their impressions, it's why I read this thread and contribute to it. I just don't like when a guy comes on here and hypes some bud for days as great, recommends it to death then a month later says something like ... well it's got it's flaws and it might not be that great. That's just irresponsible. I say, take your new toy syndrome and make a review when your cocaine has worn off.
You're probably referring to me. Keep in mind it was my second ever higher end earbud and it was one of my best earbuds at the time. What I said was my honest impressions for months after writing it. Of coarse my tastes have developed the more earbuds I have heard now, but it was never my intention to mislead anyone by posting my feelings on the earbud at the time. That and the fit being picky for some but not for others means what we all hear is different.

Sorry if you jumped on it because of my praise alone, but I wasn't the only one to praise them and not the first to mention them so I hope you took all the possible reviews into consideration before buying them. Again though my bad that I didn't realise the fit issues earlier to mention it at first.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #32,377 of 75,580
@redkingjoe : In last few pages, I saw you asking about Puresounds PS100-600. You could look around on the official Puresounds taobao website.

Puresounds PS100-600 : package no. 2 is 600-core cable, but now this option is out of stock. Even you couldn't get it via Taobao. I believed that Mr.Peng Peng can accept an order via Paypal. 600S is tuned to more vocal-emphasis than 600 version.

Puresounds PS100-600S mmcx : this is the latest iteration of Puresounds PS100-600S. It might meet your criteria.

If you want my PS100-600S + 600-core copper cable + 2.5 mm plug, I am willing to resale it to you. PM me if you are interested.

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #32,378 of 75,580
Just received the VE Monk Lite Earbuds (40Ω, Gold/Black, Android 3-button cable, w/EX Pack) that I ordered - one set for a friend, and one set for me.

Connected a set to my iFi Micro iDSD, listening to my Roku 4 Net Streamer.
They're comfortable, and sound good, as well.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #32,379 of 75,580
Sunrise SW-Dragon II

Sunrise_Dragon_II.jpg

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #32,380 of 75,580
@redkingjoe : In last few pages, I saw you asking about Puresounds PS100-600. You could look around on the official Puresounds taobao website.

Puresounds PS100-600 : package no. 2 is 600-core cable, but now this option is out of stock. Even you couldn't get it via Taobao. I believed that Mr.Peng Peng can accept an order via Paypal. 600S is tuned to more vocal-emphasis than 600 version.

Puresounds PS100-600S mmcx : this is the latest iteration of Puresounds PS100-600S. It might meet your criteria.

If you want my PS100-600S + 600-core copper cable + 2.5 mm plug, I am willing to resale it to you. PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for all your kind help. It’s extremely nice of you! I will go ahead real soon.

I want MMCX with 3.5mm ie single ended. Do you have that?

Btw, do you know how to get the K’s Poseidon silver mmcx?

Thanks!

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #32,382 of 75,580
Unfortunately, I own PS100-600S and PS100-500 and both are 2.5 mm. plug. Do you mean MMCX cable + 3.5 mm SE plug? Sorry I don't own even a single MMCX cable. I go toward 2-pin path~ By the way, there are many choices in aftermarket cables. My suggestion is if you are interested to get any OCC cable, please avoid any OCC self-claimed cable from China. They cheat. AFAIK OCC-certified cable factory are located in Japan, Taiwan and Hongkong, no more than these. Though it doesn't mean those fake OCC cables from China are all not good SQ.

To get K's Poseidon, you have no choice but have to wait it pops up on the second-hand resale market..

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #32,383 of 75,580
I've also discovered something; that the mk2 thin foams and the aliexpress thin foams sound quite different. At first i did not bother to try the ali thin foams because well, I thought I already knew what the thins sounded like on the mk2's. Good, but not great IMO.

But now I have realised and tried the ali thin foams and WOW, so much better. Bass is way more solid, same great clarity afforded but a slightly tamed upper mid range (a good thing imo for the willsound can be a tiny bit sharp at times in that region) and the treble has remain unchanged as very neutral and airy.

For sure this is my final foam rolling on the mk2 for now because they sound great now with or without adding EQ on top (especially with some slight EQ) but overall just really amazing combo IMO.
Can't agree more, thin foams is what corresponds the best to my MK2 pair too (since the beginning).
Personally, I found those thin foams also sounding the best on my PK32 pair. The VE thin foams is what I enjoy the best on all my earbuds for now (EMX500S too). Heigi ones are very good quality but definitely too thick so brings more bass and hides details that most of our earbuds don't really need.
I also enjoyed heigi donut foams on my PK32 but soundstage was impacted, and as too much bass was impacting also the highs a bit, where PK32 needs thin foams to nicely explain it's clarity.
PK32 has very good highs but not fatiguing, kind of analogue sound. Maybe it will be the only negative point I can found them (missing a bit of details in highs).

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #32,384 of 75,580
Has anybody over my side of the world (Ireland/UK) been having issues receiving stuff from places like Singapore particularly recently? My Blur Ultimate Brokee prototype set still isn't here and the Irish postal service has informed me I could be waiting a while. I don't know if they've cleared customs or whatever, they're just entirely in limbo. Be nice to go one week without dealing with crap like this.

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #32,385 of 75,580
Has anybody over my side of the world (Ireland/UK) been having issues receiving stuff from places like Singapore particularly recently? My Blur Ultimate Brokee prototype set still isn't here and the Irish postal service has informed me I could be waiting a while. I don't know if they've cleared customs or whatever, they're just entirely in limbo. Be nice to go one week without dealing with crap like this.
I never had a problem with the 2 pairs of Blur buds I ordered to UK both took about 8-10 days to get here. VE stuff usually is about the same, AliExpress however can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back