Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 26, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #32,386 of 75,871
Unfortunately, I own PS100-600S and PS100-500 and both are 2.5 mm. plug. Do you mean MMCX cable + 3.5 mm SE plug? Sorry I don't own even a single MMCX cable. I go toward 2-pin path~ By the way, there are many choices in aftermarket cables. My suggestion is if you are interested to get any OCC cable, please avoid any OCC self-claimed cable from China. They cheat. AFAIK OCC-certified cable factory are located in Japan, Taiwan and Hongkong, no more than these. Though it doesn't mean those fake OCC cables from China are all not good SQ.

To get K's Poseidon, you have no choice but have to wait it pops up on the second-hand resale market..
CD8DF199-BD3D-4BCF-BDAF-3C0B83ADAA5B.jpeg

Isn’t it a joke to have a cable that long for mmcx connections?

The whole point of a mmcx cable is to use some super cable to connect the earbuds to source!

BA4D1C15-981B-4D7A-979B-74B736F1EFEA.jpeg

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #32,387 of 75,871
Haha, I guess you can consult with Mr. Peng to make it shorten. The good thing is it lets air-flow go in-out via a cable hole of housing.

The second picture is so called "Siam Earbuds", One of the interesting Thai budget earbuds~

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #32,389 of 75,871
I never had a problem with the 2 pairs of Blur buds I ordered to UK both took about 8-10 days to get here. VE stuff usually is about the same, AliExpress however can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks though.

Damn it all. Yeah the last VE order I placed got here in like a week. I don't think I'm getting these before my refund cutoff point. I told Wong I'd ask for my money back if I didn't have them by next Tuesday July 3rd (about a month since ordered) and then pay him right back if they show up. This sucks but I can't really do anything else. :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #32,390 of 75,871
Haha, I guess you can consult with Mr. Peng to make it shorten. The good thing is it lets air-flow go in-out via a cable hole of housing.

The second picture is so called "Siam Earbuds", One of the interesting Thai budget earbuds~
You are really earbuds king...you know everything

I am looking for a few good mmcx cable...the candidates are:
1 beat audio pd8
2 effect audio Thor 2
3 labkable
4 siltech
5 wireworld nano platinum
6 nordost red hxxxxxxxx2
7 crystal cable piccolo 2.

I think it would be interesting to fit a TOTL earbud head on it! The PS100-600s is very promising!

We might also see more TOTL earbud heads in 2019!

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #32,391 of 75,871
Any way to buy TOTL earbuds from the USA? Asking for someone who is looking for an earbud for gaming but needs to buy it from the USA.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #32,392 of 75,871
OMG!! your choice is so hardcore. You could find any talk-of-the-town IEM cable on this thread. I helped Mr. flinkenick sum-up the asia cable company list. Hope this helps. That Siam Earbuds (without cable) is very budget around $15- $20.

This year is not finished yet. I am look forward to seeing the newest flaghship of UCOTECH earbuds soon. :relieved:

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #32,393 of 75,871
IMG_20180626_112550.jpg Received my Inntakhifi blue v2 earbud this morning. The package been pressed hard during shipment but the earbud survived being stored in the case. I laugh really hard when I found how the case looks like pancake when unboxing.

I'm convinced the bud is the same as t-music v2. And the sound is wonderful for the price. Might even be a winner since it's just started burning yet sound so good..

An upgrade miles over vido IMO. Wider stage, cleaner more extended highs, higher quality and well controlled bass. Maybe mids a little recessed. But no issue even if pushed louder. Clear vocal without sibilance. Scale well with amp and better dac. Tried both thin foams and donut that came with it. It sounded nice without foam albeit a little thin. Donuts brings the best bass without sacrificing overall sound.

If there anybody who crave for t-music v2 but have problem purchasing from official store, the inntakhifi store is your answer.

Will burn & update soon, if it's worth updating.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #32,394 of 75,871
OMG!! your choice is so hardcore. You could find any talk-of-the-town IEM cable on this thread. I helped Mr. flinkenick sum-up the asia cable company list. Hope this helps. That Siam Earbuds (without cable) is very budget around $15- $20.

This year is not finished yet. I am look forward to seeing the newest flaghship of UCOTECH earbuds soon. :relieved:

Interesting thread. I had to stop reading it though when I got to this lol:

"Moving up the area of $700 – $1000 cables, the price range I consider ‘top-of-the-line’ for cables."

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #32,395 of 75,871
Hello, can anyone with a CAX ZoomFred give their impressions of them and how they fare against other TOTL earbuds?
In the interest of full disclosure, Cypherus Audio is hands down my favorite earbud manufacturer (though it is really just one guy). All the models are different, but to me their products consistently come as close to full sized cans in terms of soundstage and detail as could be expected in an earbud. Not sure what other earbuds you are looking at, but you can look at my profile for a (relatively) up to date list of other stuff I have and don't listen to that often, and I can be more specific if there is something you are considering.

The ZoomFred was initially too bright for me, but the highs have mellowed over time. It took a long, long time too.......... Herry did say that extended burn in is needed for these because of some properties of the cable. (?) Great placement of instruments and really satisfying bass. The cable is weird though. The part between the splitter and connector looks like an ethernet cable. It is also a bit heavy. I do like the different colored wires that make it easy to distinguish left and right. They are revealing and really need a good recording, good DAC, and good amp to do them justice.

If you are looking for buds for portable use, I'd recommend the CampFred 2 over the ZoomFred. I listen to the CampFred 2 more than any of the other buds I have (and more than my full sized cans because I'm rarely home these days). You could also try Blue Darth first if you are new to CAX products and want to get some idea of their house sound before putting down bigger $ for ZoomFred.

I hope this helps!

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #32,398 of 75,871

Thanks for your kindness.

1 I’m an audiophile playing with cables for 30+ years. Powercord, interconnect, digital, speaker cable, all internal cables inside the hifi!

2 the first earbuds that I bought 30 years ago has Litz class 1 lc-ofc ( which is similar to the litz occ copper)!

I knew how important the cable is. Actually when I read pages in this thread, a $5 monk upgraded with great cable become a TOTL. The Shozy Bk uses a common shell with an ordinary diaphragm with superior cable to get great TOTL sound.

Earbuds for these years have been extremely constrained by the quality of the cable. To me I think it is unhealthy to chase after the “whole earbuds” coz a lot of the earbuds are still using cheap cables.

I am thinking of feeding EBX, Sara pro, PS100-600 with one TOTL mmcx to see how good can a “earbuds” go!

UCOTECH? Dual dome is really interesting! Any MMCX model?

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #32,399 of 75,871
UCOTECH never did earbuds mmcx model, and I afraid the next coming model is still not detachable type. To buy UCOTECH products, you might try to contact the admin of UCOTECH fb page.

By the way, Last Satarday, The oBravo 2018 IEM cable contest was held by oBravo and K Studio in Thailnand. I find that one candidate making unique-appearance cables for earbuds. Take a look~

oBravo 2018 Manat 480p.png

Source : https://www.facebook.com/obravothai/posts/230259867705764

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #32,400 of 75,871
I am thinking of feeding EBX, Sara pro, PS100-600 with one TOTL mmcx to see how good can a “earbuds” go!

I'm afraid to ask, but how much do you think that is going to cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back