Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 24, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #32,341 of 75,409
Thanks chinmie. That helps. Yeah, Liebesleid is just awesome sounding buds.

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #32,342 of 75,409
Got the rest of my Willsounds couple of days back, including the MX32/MXL prototype.
20180621_171721.jpg
20180621_171754.jpg
MK1 and MK2 impressions already posted as reviews.

PK32 is an interesting one too. That's the only bud so far I use with foams - the thin black foams that came with MK2. With a bit thicker Donuts, the bass is boosted but airiness is lost. With the thin foams, it's a good balance between bass quantity at the lower end and airiness of the highs.

MK3 has not opened up yet and sounds veiled; has around 22 hours in it. I'll give it some more time.

The MX32 shell has a more comfortable fit than MK series shell. Sound is quite spacious but on the thinner side. But it's just a prototype and not the final version. Comes in a good red colour too.

Another update is that no more Rev1, Rev2, etc. It's just going to be MK1, MK2, etc from now on as confirmed by Willy.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #32,344 of 75,409
Keep in mind that when someone seemingly hyped something, it really comes down to personal tastes. We might not agree or may even not liking their suggestions, but it doesn't mean they are wrong.

For instance, i much prefer the stardust compared to the BS1, but some of my friends that i trust and opinions i respect like them so much. No wrong in that, and i don't have to force or defend my opinion when other say the opposite.

Too much variable differences like taste in music, gears, and ear anatomy between persons. I'm just glad that people here still willing to give time and share their thoughts and findings rather than just keep it for themselves.
You forgot the variable of what a person's ears might be made of....for example, tin. :) Apparently, you agree that the BS1 was overly hyped as possible TOTL.
I love when people share their impressions, it's why I read this thread and contribute to it. I just don't like when a guy comes on here and hypes some bud for days as great, recommends it to death then a month later says something like ... well it's got it's flaws and it might not be that great. That's just irresponsible. I say, take your new toy syndrome and make a review when your cocaine has worn off.

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #32,345 of 75,409
Damn and blast, removing the cable from my BGVP DX3's the right bud got its socket ripped right out of the bud.
This happened to my DX3 buds pretty early on. I asked the seller for a replacement and he obliged. I think it is (or was) a problem with these earbuds as somewhere earlier in this thread, it was discussed.

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #32,346 of 75,409
Antitragus and antehelix on both of my ears have traction burns so, for the time being, I have to stop listening (damn those MX shells)... but I want to say this:

I was having fun collecting cheap IEMs until in a couple of my budget overstretches I got LZ A5 (fun IEM) and HiSenior T12U (reference IEM). After finding those I have tried and tried more budget IEMs, but nothing there was really challenging those two... and I had no more fun collecting IEMs. So I've came here and asked about earbuds with my preferences... just to try a similar sport...

Thanks to all who pointed me to WillSounds. MK2's are perhaps not as technically proficient as A5 or T12U, but they have no flaws and have a bit of everything and also have that effortlessly clear and open stage that had me continuously wounding my ears on purpose of getting better fit. So I got a third favourite earphone - thank you earbuds thread junkies.

P.S.
PK32's should be on their way, so help me God. :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #32,347 of 75,409
You forgot the variable of what a person's ears might be made of....for example, tin. :) Apparently, you agree that the BS1 was overly hyped as possible TOTL.
I love when people share their impressions, it's why I read this thread and contribute to it. I just don't like when a guy comes on here and hypes some bud for days as great, recommends it to death then a month later says something like ... well it's got it's flaws and it might not be that great. That's just irresponsible. I say, take your new toy syndrome and make a review when your cocaine has worn off.
The cocaine comment almost made me spit out my wine. :ksc75smile: I'm guilty of jumping on the latest hype bandwagon many times, but I don't think I've ever changed my mind later and decided something sucks after all..... it is more that old things get put into storage and forgotten about when new shinies come in. As long as people are having fun and not exceeding their budgets it is pretty harmless...... its not like we're buying >$1k headphones every week based on a few people's comments.

Speaking of shinies, those Docomo/HCK buds came in from Amazon last week. (Thanks to whoever posted the link!) They are okay. Shells are comfortable, but they sound a bit thin to me. The $30 Amazon price is a bit much; they would have been a steal for $6 though. Oh well, back to the Zoomfreds. :)

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #32,348 of 75,409

This is how I know you're not talking about me: my ears are made of lead, not tin; I've never heard the BS1; and once I've started hyping something, I never stop lol.

Which brings me to my main point: the Svara L's continue to rock hard! :)

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #32,349 of 75,409
I bought a not expensive earbud from Ali and it arrived with a buzzing on one side. Contacted the seller **** and he is demanding some kind of a video of the issue. Has anyone experienced that? How would you take a video of a buzzing sound in the earbud? Is that a scum just to avoid issuing a refund?

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #32,350 of 75,409
I bought a not expensive earbud from Ali and it arrived with a buzzing on one side. Contacted the seller **** and he is demanding some kind of a video of the issue. Has anyone experienced that? How would you take a video of a buzzing sound in the earbud? Is that a scum just to avoid issuing a refund?
Kind of par for the course. Sellers will ask for video, photos or proof of destruction ( that’s you cutting up and destroying the item). Some won’t but most will. That way, you don’t have to send it back and they are assured the customer is not scamming them. Ali is good though, because sellers will usually replace a bad product or make sure you are satisfied. A bad review hurts them a lot.

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #32,351 of 75,409
You forgot the variable of what a person's ears might be made of....for example, tin. :)

I implicitly said that on the different ear anatomy part :grin:

sometimes the best way to read a review is by reading the person writing it: what they like, their other gears, what other gear that they have listened/ experienced other than what they purchased, and also their usual demeanor and what word they usually use to express themselves.

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #32,353 of 75,409

Have you tried sucking on it yet?
Ps I'm serious.

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #32,354 of 75,409
This is how I know you're not talking about me: my ears are made of lead, not tin; I've never heard the BS1; and once I've started hyping something, I never stop lol.

Which brings me to my main point: the Svara L's continue to rock hard! :)
BTW.... since you got me interested in these now, is the Svara Pro 2018 upgraded the same as the Svara L?

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #32,355 of 75,409
Today someone posted the following in the EA Group on facebook:
Today, ABnormal Labs Officially Released : Duotres T1 (Tier1)

I can't find any info about it, so it might be a "leak". However, it might be an interesting earbud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back