Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #32,326 of 75,593
Woah, the actual design looks nice in that photo :)

I always fear a little too much color, and my desk is white, my PC is black, and all my table is dressed in black and white because of this, but that IEM really seems like it looks well-made and just eye-candy dressed in that ovean blue :)

I'm not sure but would a white bud be a better color combo?

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #32,328 of 75,593
Hi, im new to this thread, i own the ve zen lite and wanted to ask yall whether the shozy bk would be a good upgrade?
if not, what other low impedance earbuds do you guys recommend?
I've never heard the Zen (Lite), however I think Shozy BK is an upgrade (based on ClieOS ranking that disappeared).
Yeah, I got bit by the BS1 hype perpetuated by some on this board. That's what I get for taking the advice from someone with tin ears. I can't really take anything too seriously from some of the constant posters here.
What is your complaint about the BS1? I even prefer it over my Shozy Stardust. You might prefer other sound signatures though.

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #32,329 of 75,593
Funny how it goes in this thread. A lot of people started discussing Willsound, but it was hardly mentioned a few months ago. "All the rage" have come and gone for Puresounds, K's, BS1, Blur, etc. It seems as though there is a certain core group pursuing the latest rage, and after most in that group have bought the earbuds, there is not so much to discuss any more, until the next rage.
It is only a personal view at the end of the day, as you know, we all hear things differently to an extent. I personally have a couple of pairs of Blur, Willsound and VE buds and enjoy them all for different genres/artists depending on my mood/taste at that particular time. I do think though, as it is only one persons view on a particular bud, then it should only be taken as a guide not a rule. After all ‘you pays yer money, you takes yer chance’. Only you know what you like at the end of the day. I do happen to think Willsound are v.v.good value for ‘my taste’ and I think that Blur White Chocolate is the best bud I’ve ever heard........so far :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #32,330 of 75,593
I've never heard the Zen (Lite), however I think Shozy BK is an upgrade (based on ClieOS ranking that disappeared).

What is your complaint about the BS1? I even prefer it over my Shozy Stardust. You might prefer other sound signatures though.

Yeah, I got bit by the BS1 hype perpetuated by some on this board. That's what I get for taking the advice from someone with tin ears. I can't really take anything too seriously from some of the constant posters here.

Keep in mind that when someone seemingly hyped something, it really comes down to personal tastes. We might not agree or may even not liking their suggestions, but it doesn't mean they are wrong.

For instance, i much prefer the stardust compared to the BS1, but some of my friends that i trust and opinions i respect like them so much. No wrong in that, and i don't have to force or defend my opinion when other say the opposite.

Too much variable differences like taste in music, gears, and ear anatomy between persons. I'm just glad that people here still willing to give time and share their thoughts and findings rather than just keep it for themselves.

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #32,332 of 75,593
Unlike IEM threads, they are many kind of threads such as official brands thread, reputable IEM reviewers thread, sub xxx$ thread, or even hi-end threads, etc. But this is only one earbud thread. We have no choice but stick around altogether here. Someone want to stick around budget earbuds, somes prefer hype-ed earbuds, some stick around only the big three AliExpress resellers and some prefer vintage earbuds, or earbud from DIYers.
When each category has no news, it is the time for another category type make a boost. it is natural~

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #32,333 of 75,593
Unlike IEM threads, they are many kind of threads such as official brands thread, reputable IEM reviewers thread, sub xxx$ thread, or even hi-end threads, etc. But this is only one earbud thread. We have no choice but stick around altogether here. Someone want to stick around budget earbuds, somes prefer hype-ed earbuds, some stick around only the big three AliExpress resellers and some prefer vintage earbuds, or earbud from DIYers.
When each category has no news, it is the time for another category type make a boost. it is natural~

Sadly, earbuds are marginalised by manufacturers! They made a lot less from selling earbuds.

Look at those iem, US$1000 is a mid-end model and supply with a cheap cable!

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #32,334 of 75,593
First it will sound like that (MK level bass), after more hours of play, the bass (especially midbass) would decrease and smooth out a bit, leaving the subbass intact and not interfere with the mids. That way the soundstage would spread better and nicely placed.

Also (if it's the same arrangement) the PK32 shipped with regular thick white foams while the MKs would usually shipped with thin foams. I settled for Hiegi full foams on my PK32 now

How does the PK32 and/or MK2 compare to the Liebesleid? Is it the same level of resolution, detail and layering? I'm interested to know with regards to these aspects as I think those set the Liebesleid apart among all earbuds that I've heard so far.

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #32,335 of 75,593
How does the PK32 and/or MK2 compare to the Liebesleid? Is it the same level of resolution, detail and layering? I'm interested to know with regards to these aspects as I think those set the Liebesleid apart among all earbuds that I've heard so far.

the Liebesleid has more detail and treble clarity/sparkle. PK32 is like a warmer liebesleid with slightly bigger bass volume, and softer treble detail. Liebesleid also have a thicker mid, but volume-wise, the mids between the two are more or less comparable. PK32 have a more spaced out mid section. these two are now my favorite music buds, while the MK2 is my go-to buds for games and movies

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #32,336 of 75,593

Do u mind comparing the 2?

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #32,337 of 75,593
It is only a personal view at the end of the day, as you know, we all hear things differently to an extent. I personally have a couple of pairs of Blur, Willsound and VE buds and enjoy them all for different genres/artists depending on my mood/taste at that particular time. I do think though, as it is only one persons view on a particular bud, then it should only be taken as a guide not a rule. After all ‘you pays yer money, you takes yer chance’. Only you know what you like at the end of the day. I do happen to think Willsound are v.v.good value for ‘my taste’ and I think that Blur White Chocolate is the best bud I’ve ever heard........so far :wink:
Sorry, this is completely unrelated, but do you mind sharing impressions of the uairekkos buds?

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #32,338 of 75,593
Sorry, this is completely unrelated, but do you mind sharing impressions of the uairekkos buds?
I would if Ryo had shipped them/finished them!?!? I’ve no idea yet when they might arrive.

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #32,340 of 75,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back