Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #32,296 of 75,863
I would take the Svara L's off of your list... the bass is so good, it's distracting lol. Well, the bass probably wouldn't be a problem for you, but the highs are fairly present which might put them out of your "non-fatiguing; easy listening" category (I don't find them fatiguing, but rather engaging). The build quality and mmcx option is great (using them balanced right now). However, you might be looking for something a bit mellower.

The only others in your list that I have are the MK2.2's. There is more mid-bass and the bass doesn't thump as hard or seem to go as low as the Svara L's. The MK2.2 bass still plentiful, but mellower. The mids are a bit more forward, and the highs are still quite present but not in a fatiguing at all. Overall they sound awesome, but, the treble might be a bit too present for you.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good input. Good luck!

Edit: I just read chinmie's endorsement of the Svara L's. I just wanted to point out that his are the older higher impedence versions, and mine are the 32ohm version. I am not sure how the highs compare.

Any ideas on the Svara L vs Svara Pro?

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #32,298 of 75,863
Any ideas on the Svara L vs Svara Pro?

Thanks!

The "search" function is your friend.
EB38.jpg

Svara Pro
NiceHCK EBX

EBX is warm and smooth while still articulate - a really musical earbuds to listen to, especially for anything vocal related. Svara Pro is overall more balanced in tuning than the original Svara. I won't say it is necessary a jump in SQ, but it is more versatile when it comes to music matching. According to the maker (which I agree), it goes particularly well with slow music. With fast music, upper vocal can sound slightly dry. EQ it down just a bit and it will shine.

What’s the difference between the 2017 Svara L and the 2018 Svara L Pro? There is one store on Ali that has the Pro version and it has a black grill vent while the regular one has silver?

The treble is more extended on the Pro, while bass is better tamped. However, the vocal range is also a little grainy. I'll advise using full foam for the best result, or you can try EQ down the 1~2kHz range by a few dB.

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #32,302 of 75,863
Got to our campsite rather late (ie 830pm), but had a nice dinner, and the better half has soundly crashed. Which means that I'm enjoying a glass of wine, and listening to some classic
Beck (Sea Change) through my already classic MK2's, out of the classic Colorfly C3 dap. Very nice.

20180622_205354-1612x1209.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #32,303 of 75,863
Hi, im new to this thread, i own the ve zen lite and wanted to ask yall whether the shozy bk would be a good upgrade?
if not, what other low impedance earbuds do you guys recommend?

Jun 23, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #32,304 of 75,863
Hi, im new to this thread, i own the ve zen lite and wanted to ask yall whether the shozy bk would be a good upgrade?
if not, what other low impedance earbuds do you guys recommend?
Willsound is all the rage at the moment

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #32,305 of 75,863
I have WillSound Mk2.2, so I will compare with this.

Abbreviation: W (WillSound Mk2.2), H (HE 150 PRO)
bass impact: W = H
bass extension: W > H
clarity: W ?<? H
high-end sparkle: W > H
sound stage: W > H

I feel that the sound range of Mk2.2 is a little wide.
I feel the Mk2.2 is a big upgrade!

@jogowag - thank you for your impressions. Much appreciated! You are helping to make things harder to resist. Lol!

Does anyone else have any input on this? (I just did the conversion and it would be close to $80cad shipped for the mk2.2s).

I understand that there is an element of diminishing returns as prices go up, in general... But are the willsounds 2x better than the HE 150 PRO?

(I have a feeling I might know what some of you are going to say based on pages and pages of impressions... Lol! Just looking for more specific commentary based on the HE 150 PROs.)

Again, much appreciated!

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #32,306 of 75,863
This is in regards to my search for a warm (dark), non-fatiguing earbud for long listening sessions (mainly ambient electronic). Unfortunately, what appeared to be billed as the ultimate in warm/dark signature the K's Poseidon and ABnormal Labs Diomnes Lv2 are both no longer available :frowning2:

I have now narrowed down the list to the following:
  • Blur Black Panther (or other model)
  • Willsound MK1.2 *
  • Willsound MK3
  • VE ZEN 2.0 (320 Ohms)
* @palestofwhite has clarified that MK1.2 is similar to JVC HA-FX850 in warmth but is not bright and is the warmest of the Willsound earbuds.

Shozy BK Stardust and Cygnus were both taken out of consideration as they are more neutral than warm/dark.

Svara-L (32 Ohms) were taken off my list as per post by @waynes world... unfortunately, I am unable to find the older high impedance model of the Svara-L as kindly recommended by @chinmie
Anything else warm and dark that I should consider?

EDITS: A clarification made by @palestofwhite and Blur has been added to the list after receiving recommendations (via PM) to reconsider them after @capnjack initial recommendation.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #32,308 of 75,863
Got to our campsite rather late (ie 830pm), but had a nice dinner, and the better half has soundly crashed. Which means that I'm enjoying a glass of wine, and listening to some classic
Beck (Sea Change) through my already classic MK2's, out of the classic Colorfly C3 dap. Very nice.

What a nice peaceful setting for some music with your Willsounds. Simple pleasures. I had to steal the photo for my PC desktop background:)

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #32,309 of 75,863
What a nice peaceful setting for some music with your Willsounds. Simple pleasures. I had to steal the photo for my PC desktop background:)

Michigan-ish

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #32,310 of 75,863
This is in regards to my search for a warm (dark), non-fatiguing earbud for long listening sessions (mainly ambient electronic). Unfortunately, what appeared to be billed as the ultimate in warm/dark signature the K's Poseidon and ABnormal Labs Diomnes Lv2 are both no longer available :frowning2:

I have now narrowed down the list to the following:
  • Willsound MK3
  • VE ZEN 2.0 (320 Ohms)
  • Willsound MK1.2 *
* MK1.2 placed last now as it was compared to the JVC HA-FX850 in this post by @palestofwhite which I found slightly bright (unfortunately fatiguing in my case) and thus why I bought the warmer timbre monster FX750 instead.

Shozy BK Stardust and Cygnus were both taken out of consideration as they are more neutral than warm/dark.

Svara-L (32 Ohms) were taken off my list as per post by @waynes world... unfortunately, I am unable to find the older high impedance model of the Svara-L as kindly recommended by @chinmie

Blur Black Panther as recommended by @capnjack is currently off the list as I can't find enough information and reviews on them to warrant a purchase.
Anything else warm and dark that I should consider?

The MK1 Rev.2 should definitely be for you. It's the warmest of the bunch. It sounds quite like the FX850 but it's not bright at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back