Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #32,283 of 75,861
Anyone? I am looking for comparisons sound signature with specific comparisons in bass impact, extension, and clarity, and high-end sparkle...

Much appreciated!

:)
I have WillSound Mk2.2, so I will compare with this.

Abbreviation: W (WillSound Mk2.2), H (HE 150 PRO)
bass impact: W = H
bass extension: W > H
clarity: W ?<? H
high-end sparkle: W > H

I feel that the sound range of HE 150 PRO is a little narrow.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #32,284 of 75,861
What a long thread... oh my! But definitely a wealth of knowledge and experience.

I am looking for a warm (dark), non-fatiguing signature for very long listening sessions. I do like bass but I wouldn't classify myself as a die-hard bass head though. I definitely do not prefer bright and/or strong treble signature nor sibilant earphones. I mainly listen to ambient electronic and ambient classical music (some examples are in my profile). A detachable cable would be great but not a deal breaker. My main want is "non-fatiguing; easy listening".

Based on what I read in this thread, posted reviews, and on Reddit I am currently considering the following (now ordered by recommendations):

Willsound MK1.2 / MK3
Svara-L
Blur Black Panther
Willsound MK2.2 / PK32
Shozy Cygnus
Cypherus Model ??? (since I live in Thailand)

Any suggestions, advice and/or recommendations would be sincerely appreciated.

EDITS:
  1. Removed Rose Masya; just stumbled across @seanc6441 post regarding mid-range brightness
  2. Removed Moondrop VX pro as per @chinmie post
  3. Added MK1.2 and Blur Black Panther as per @capnjack
  4. Addes MK3 as per @palestofwhite

I would take the Svara L's off of your list... the bass is so good, it's distracting lol. Well, the bass probably wouldn't be a problem for you, but the highs are fairly present which might put them out of your "non-fatiguing; easy listening" category (I don't find them fatiguing, but rather engaging). The build quality and mmcx option is great (using them balanced right now). However, you might be looking for something a bit mellower.

The only others in your list that I have are the MK2.2's. There is more mid-bass and the bass doesn't thump as hard or seem to go as low as the Svara L's. The MK2.2 bass still plentiful, but mellower. The mids are a bit more forward, and the highs are still quite present but not in a fatiguing at all. Overall they sound awesome, but, the treble might be a bit too present for you.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good input. Good luck!

Edit: I just read chinmie's endorsement of the Svara L's. I just wanted to point out that his are the older higher impedence versions, and mine are the 32ohm version. I am not sure how the highs compare.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #32,287 of 75,861
I have the JVC HA-FX850 and I liken it to the MK1 Rev.2

Those FX850's are classics! Back in the day when I was into iems, I had a good lust going on for them lol.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #32,288 of 75,861
When I heard my new PK32 there was already a night and day difference right out of the box, definitely. No need to burn them, as my defective has now over 100 hours and the sound did not changed at all too.
I will return them to willy soon, so maybe he can check what was the issue exactly (which could be interesting to know).

So we can easily recognize if a PK32 pair is defective, simply give a quick listen and if no bass, then it is. Where now I'm a bit lost is that some says bass is here but light, on my PK32 new pair it's almost as heavy as my MK2.2, it has very slightly less quantity but has more control. When you listen to PK32 you can see how MK2.2 is more "dopamined" on bass quantity. I still believe than PK32 is best allrounder from WIllsound, where MK2.2 is more for electronical musics (where bass and highs needs to be very present).

You guys are making me worried about my pk32 hahah. I felt like the bass is there but just a little light. I’m still not sure if it’s just me being picky or if has anything to do with fitting or foams.

If too many people are having the same issues perhaps it could be a batch thing and might need to be recalled.

For now I have not much issues with mine. Bass is there, yes, though it’s a bit light. If the pk32 is meant to have more bass than the mk2, I would imagine that the mk2 wouldn’t have much bass at all. Note that I’ve not heard the mk2. At the moment I would think that they are adequate but it would still be nice to check or get some confirmation.

Edit: I misread. It’s meant to have about as much or a bit less bass as the mk2, just more controlled.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #32,290 of 75,861
I have the fx1200 , but haven't used it much after buying them because cost to much :)

I don't quite understand. I would think that would be a good reason to use them very much!

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #32,291 of 75,861
You guys are making me worried about my pk32 hahah. I felt like the bass is there but just a little light. I’m still not sure if it’s just me being picky or if has anything to do with fitting or foams.

If too many people are having the same issues perhaps it could be a batch thing and might need to be recalled.

For now I have not much issues with mine. Bass is there, yes, though it’s a bit light. If the pk32 is meant to have more bass than the mk2, I would imagine that the mk2 wouldn’t have much bass at all. Note that I’ve not heard the mk2. At the moment I would think that they are adequate but it would still be nice to check or get some confirmation.

Edit: I misread. It’s meant to have about as much or a bit less bass as the mk2, just more controlled.
I have both pk32 and Mk2. Mk2 have nice bass and sub bass. My pk32 has far less bass than the Mk2.
But I took 2 files in the burning threads
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/free-burn-in-files.466827/
and I will let pk32 playing all the week. Let's see if it open up.

Jun 22, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #32,293 of 75,861

I feel that the sound range of HE 150 PRO is a little narrow.

Thank you!

Any thoughts on soundstage comparison?

Also, do you feel the mk2.2 is a big/worthy upgrade? Or should I look to another level?

Again, much appreciated!

Jun 22, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #32,294 of 75,861
Thank you!

Any thoughts on soundstage comparison?

Also, do you feel the mk2.2 is a big/worthy upgrade? Or should I look to another level?

Again, much appreciated!

sound stage: W > H

I feel that the sound range of Mk2.2 is a little wide.
I feel the Mk2.2 is a big upgrade!

Jun 22, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #32,295 of 75,861

Trust me youwould know if your pk32 was like mine or subwoofers as he seems to be in the sam boat as me. It's not just bass light, mine was completely missing extension below like 60-80hz... It couldnt do any sub bass and only bare minimun mid bass. Songs didnt sound the same as I remembered them xD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back