Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #31,861 of 75,869
There are three NICEHCK DIY PK2 versions for sale on that page:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...d-Plug-Earplugs-Headset-Free/32801437048.html

1) Black version 3
2) Black version 4 (which is actually all white)
3) Black version 5

Is there a technical difference between version 3 and version 4, other than the color? Is one superior or an updated version?

Version 4 is a dollar more and even though it's called "black version 4" it's color is white. Typo on NICEHCK's part?

Since I am a mere customer of HCK, I do not know the details.
I hear that the driver of black version 1, 2, 3 are different.
And I think that parhaps the the driver of black version 3, 4, 5 are same, and only color of shells or cables are different.
Please listen to HCK's Jim during price negotiation for details and certainty.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #31,862 of 75,869
Is the Panda Pk2 and NiceHCK DIY pk2 the same? If not then how do they compare, and how do they compare to Willsound Pk32, the problem with me is that ordering from NiceHCK here in india takes around $8 just for delivery so I could get a willsound for more or less the same price, I'm very much interested in the Yuin style earbud but so confused on what to do? Help please....

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #31,864 of 75,869
Second to?

(Sorry for multiple post)

To "second" something means you agree with or support what the other person just said.
If someone says something and you agree you could say 'I'll second that.'

Found on Yahoo questions:
It comes from the practice of 'seconding' after someone has made a motion in a meeting or after someone is nominated for a prize or political office. If there is no 'second' to the motion or nomination, then the motion or nomination fails and someone must make another motion or nomination.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #31,865 of 75,869
To "second" something means you agree with or support what the other person just said.
If someone says something and you agree you could say 'I'll second that.'

Found on Yahoo questions:
It comes from the practice of 'seconding' after someone has made a motion in a meeting or after someone is nominated for a prize or political office. If there is no 'second' to the motion or nomination, then the motion or nomination fails and someone must make another motion or nomination.

I'm so sorry for that, I got it, and thank you ma'am..

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #31,866 of 75,869
I'm so sorry for that, I got it, and thank you sir...

it is not something that would be familiar in every part of the world.

BTW, I am not a "sir" :)

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #31,868 of 75,869
Since I am a mere customer of HCK, I do not know the details.
I hear that the driver of black version 1, 2, 3 are different.
And I think that parhaps the the driver of black version 3, 4, 5 are same, and only color of shells or cables are different.
Please listen to HCK's Jim during price negotiation for details and certainty.

Thanks. Perhaps it's fair to assume 3 and 4 are the same since the product description doesn't distinguish between them on a technical basis. I contacted NICEHCK yesterday to clarify if there's a difference, but haven't heard back from them. If they reply, I'll post their response.

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #31,869 of 75,869
Is the Panda Pk2 and NiceHCK DIY pk2 the same? If not then how do they compare, and how do they compare to Willsound Pk32, the problem with me is that ordering from NiceHCK here in india takes around $8 just for delivery so I could get a willsound for more or less the same price, I'm very much interested in the Yuin style earbud but so confused on what to do? Help please....
I thinkI posted a comparison of them awhile ago. I found the panda did improve slighty over time, to be a fairly balanced but warm and smooth sound.

Good for relaxing listening of pop, mellow acoustic genres. It is slighty mid centric overall, most of it's qualities reside in the vocals region, quite smooth, full bodied and fairly detailed.

Not for anyone looking for sub bass and treble quantity though. Mid bass is indeed punchy and well rounded, but not having the deepest extension into sub bass.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #31,870 of 75,869
I thinkI posted a comparison of them awhile ago. I found the panda did improve slighty over time, to be a fairly balanced but warm and smooth sound.

Good for relaxing listening of pop, mellow acoustic genres. It is slighty mid centric overall, most of it's qualities reside in the vocals region, quite smooth, full bodied and fairly detailed.

Not for anyone looking for sub bass and treble quantity though. Mid bass is indeed punchy and well rounded, but not having the deepest extension into sub bass.

I guess I'll just wait for you to receive your willsounds now.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #31,871 of 75,869
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #31,872 of 75,869
Nope, it was interesting and easy to read & understand. If you want "eye glazing over" reads, go the Radsone ES100 thread and looks for the debates an the various bluetooth codecs. Actually, don't lol!

And don't forget the balanced cable drama over there.. Classic :o2smile:

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #31,873 of 75,869
20180607_104106-01.jpeg

Finally arrived. OOTB it has a more V shaped, recessed mids sound compared to it's older version. Also a bit harsher in sound. Might need a little bit of playtime to loosen up the sound.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #31,874 of 75,869

Finally arrived. OOTB it has a more V shaped, recessed mids sound compared to it's older version. Also a bit harsher in sound. Might need a little bit of playtime to loosen up the sound.

I felt somewhat the same way when I first got them. But not any more, so playtime is good. Also a bit of a bass boost does the trick for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back