Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 7, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #31,877 of 75,869
Mk1 vs mk3 is it a side grade ? If it's very similar I'd skip this

On sound quality, yes they are side grade, although there are things that might not be replicated exactly with eq between them. If you like a more V shaped and a but more energetic sound you could buy the MK2, but otherwise you could skip it

Jun 7, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #31,878 of 75,869
@handwander or @RobinFood : I need your help~ B&O Play White (Wireless Earbuds) will be released at e-earphone on 14/06/2018. Could you go to trail listening it and share your impression here?

Jun 7, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #31,880 of 75,869
Just gotten my MK3 back and the new PK32...

Replacement MK3 is great and using it now...

Also really liked how the PK32 sounded when I plugged in it but realised the right side was softer and now the right driver has totally stopped working altogether...

Guess I'm not really lucky again and will have to see what Rholupat or Willy can do about it... :frowning2:

Edit: It was the right driver that failed instead of left.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #31,881 of 75,869
Just gotten my MK3 back and the new PK32...

Replacement MK3 is great and using it now...

Also really liked how the PK32 sounded when I plugged in it but realised the right side was softer and now the right driver has totally stopped working altogether...

Guess I'm not really lucky again and will have to see what Rholupat or Willy can do about it... :frowning2:

Edit: It was the right driver that failed instead of left.
Oh no.. you unlucky :frowning2:
Really counted on another PK32 new fresh impression, hehe
From your working beginning on it, how was your quick feeling on bass domain ?

(Can't wait to receive my PK32 replacement pair)

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #31,882 of 75,869
Oh no.. you unlucky :frowning2:
Really counted on another PK32 new fresh impression, hehe
From your working beginning on it, how was your quick feeling on bass domain ?

(Can't wait to receive my PK32 replacement pair)

On first listen to the PK32, bass was lesser than MK2 but definitely there. They sound really different enough from the MK series, whereas the MK2 and 3 share the same sound signature.
MK2 comes off as more clinical and MK3 being warmer, but both have that "balanced" sound.
Maybe mine is not accurate to compare or even it might have the same problem as yours just that I'm unaware of it...

Also, something to note was that glue marks were also quite prominent on the shells of my PK32 and that the right driver cover had some white stains (around the tiny holes where the sound comes out). Not sure if they're related to the failure though. I have feeling the PK32 are harder for Willy to work with because of the smaller shell, hence more prone to QC issues?

Either way, Willy has assured me that my unit will be replaced and I won't be dealing with Rholupat from here on...

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #31,883 of 75,869
On first listen to the PK32, bass was lesser than MK2 but definitely there. They sound really different enough from the MK series, whereas the MK2 and 3 share the same sound signature.
MK2 comes off as more clinical and MK3 being warmer, but both have that "balanced" sound.

Also, something to note was that glue marks were also quite prominent on the shells of my PK32 and that the right driver cover had some white stains (around the tiny holes where the sound comes out). Not sure if they're related to the failure though. I have feeling the PK32 are harder for Willy to work with because of the smaller shell, hence more prone to QC issues?

Either way, Willy has assured me that my unit will be replaced and I won't be dealing with Rholupat from now onwards...

darn it.. twice in a row.. i hope you got the third one working properly. glad to hear that willy himself took the on hand solution for this

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #31,884 of 75,869
darn it.. twice in a row.. i hope you got the third one working properly. glad to hear that willy himself took the on hand solution for this

Guess I'm just unlucky these days! The first one was the MK3 with an incomplete Y-Splitter. That was resolved today with a replacement unit, and I'm now totally happy with it.

The PK32 is outright faulty, though there's no physical damage on the earbuds, besides arriving in a squashed up package. I can't say for sure if they're indeed damaged from transit (lucky the MK3 survived), but they were poorly packed on Rholupat's part. It's just a paper box on top of the zippered case without any padding or bubble wrap. Even a small cheap brown cardboard box will do better. Anyways my MK2 arrived that way too, but lucky those turned out fine too.

Anyway it's nice of Willy to take things over to deal with the man himself directly. I still have a MK1 coming directly from Willy that should arrive sometime next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #31,885 of 75,869
My actual PK32 pair seems to suffer a bit the same, it has a little scratch on the grid of the left shell and the right pair is not perfectly white but has some kind of yellow glue in some spots. Also, I remarked some white glue on the left grid from shell also.
I found MK2 and MK1 was much attentioned about bulding quality, but nothing to really worry anyway.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #31,886 of 75,869
My actual PK32 pair seems to suffer a bit the same, it has a little scratch on the grid of the left shell and the right pair is not perfectly white but has some kind of yellow glue in some spots. Also, I remarked some white glue on the left grid from shell also.
I found MK2 and MK1 was much attentioned about bulding quality, but nothing to really worry anyway.

That's interesting to note! Cause mine does have some glue marks all over the shell as well... the MK series were definitely better made and cleaner...
Seems like more QC is needed for the PK32...

I couldn't resist and took them out to try and see if the problem persists. Now it appears that the right channel is intermittently working again, but the bass is gone!
I think I can see where you're coming from at this point... I don't even know for sure if it's the drivers or plug termination that's faulty... Our sets are definitely defective!

EDIT: They sound muffled and as though the Lows were EQed off, plus a lot softer than the MK3.They're definitely heading back to Willy by tomorrow.

EDIT 2: Left them to burn in, hoping for a miracle. Instead, both drivers decided not to work altogether.

EDIT 3: Back to only right side dead. Sound is still bad come front left driver. Just packed it up to be shipped off tomorrow. No more messing around with them.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #31,887 of 75,869
@handwander or @RobinFood : I need your help~ B&O Play White (Wireless Earbuds) will be released at e-earphone on 14/06/2018. Could you go to trail listening it and share your impression here?

Sure, I can go just about any Saturday, so I could try it out on the 15th.
I will be using it with my m0.
What exactly are you looking for? What kind of music do you want me to test out on it?

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #31,888 of 75,869
Thanks Mr. RobinFood. there is no specific. Just try whatever you always do. Either you like or dislike, Fitting issue, etc. However if you could try it with fripSide, Claris, or JOJO songs might be plus.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #31,889 of 75,869
EDIT 3: Back to only right side dead. Sound is still bad come front left driver. Just packed it up to be shipped off tomorrow. No more messing around with them.
Did you tried cleaning the plug ? sometimes it can help.
I tried to plug very slowly jack to my source to see if there is any difference and.. not :frowning2: (I heard left driver on, then the second, and them both which is the normal behaviour when you plug classic 3,5mm plug).
When the left driver worked I gave a quick listen and it sounded the same as fully plugged, so looks like we have different problems, but the fact you did didn't had bass like me is quite interesting.
Anyway, I will wait for my PK32 replacement too and see. We stay tuned :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #31,890 of 75,869
Did you tried cleaning the plug ? sometimes it can help.
I tried to plug very slowly jack to my source to see if there is any difference and.. not :frowning2: (I heard left driver on, then the second, and them both which is the normal behaviour when you plug classic 3,5mm plug).
When the left driver worked I gave a quick listen and it sounded the same as fully plugged, so looks like we have different problems, but the fact you did didn't had bass like me is quite interesting.
Anyway, I will wait for my PK32 replacement too and see. We stay tuned :)

Tried cleaning the jack with a lint free cloth and it's still the same. I'm sure it's not a contact issue as I've tried both HP out of my Chord Mojo and also 2 different iPhone 3.5mm to lightning adapters. It's definitely something internal. The lack of bass part is the most obvious as compared to the first listen, followed by channel imbalance and eventual cutting off in sound.

The good thing about my setup is the Chord Mojo's dual HP out which I can AB both the PK32 and MK3 at the same time. As of now the PK32's right driver is permanently dead, and the left is playing but only ever so softly.

Can't wait for Willy to return from his holidays and send out the replacement as I really feel the PK32 has good potential!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back