Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #31,907 of 75,869
i have the mk2 and Zen 2, also Asura 1. Zen 2 and MK2 has a very different sound signature that you can't really compare them apple to apple. the Zen 1 (from memory) might be closer to MK2.

Yup.

i like them both for different songs. Zen 2 is mid centric and warm sounding. MK2 is more V shaped with excellent subbass and more revealing treble than the Zen 2.
also any kind of foams (even the thinnest) with the Zen 2 will muffle the sound. only use them with no foams

Yup on all again. I find it challenging to ever disagree with you chinmie!

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #31,908 of 75,869
It could be $200 and the ad will still say "Kill Monk+" :o2smile:
True but these are impressions not promotional statements

I don't think anyone in their right minds believes what the seller on aliexpress say about the earbuds like "kills x earbud, better than y earbud". Which is usually nonsense talk.

I certainly don't anyway :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #31,910 of 75,869
Ones that I have a sharp to the point that they are intolerable. I might have a defective set, but they are totally crap.

Assuming you have some hours on them, then yes, they may be defective, or else you are very sensitive to highs. I am somewhat sensitive, and I felt that they were a bit bright for me when I first got them, but they don't cross any lines now (and when I add some bass, they sound quite good).

Btw, I am using medium to thick foams, so that probably helps. Also, have you tried them on various sources?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #31,911 of 75,869
Ones that I have a sharp to the point that they are intolerable. I might have a defective set, but they are totally crap.
Mine have ‘treble’ but I don’t think I’m sensitive to it and it’s less sharp than the DIY Grapene, another graphene bud I do consider very bright before I modded it.

Although I’m not getting this very punchy bass (it’s a little bass shy to me) and the mids to me are a little thin overall.

PT15 is awesome for the price, but not without flaws (then again most buds aren’t either).

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #31,912 of 75,869
My PT15s are pretty mid-high forward... bass is there, but I agree, definitely shy. The airiness is great, but I wish I could figure out how to tame the mid-highs. I'm afraid to crack them open because of the mmcx. I have opened up almost all of my emx500 shell buds and tweaked them to my liking, but not this one... yet. :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #31,913 of 75,869
My PT15s are pretty mid-high forward... bass is there, but I agree, definitely shy. The airiness is great, but I wish I could figure out how to tame the mid-highs. I'm afraid to crack them open because of the mmcx. I have opened up almost all of my emx500 shell buds and tweaked them to my liking, but not this one... yet. :)
may I ask how you are tuning them inside the shell? Any standard methods you’re using? Sounds interesting.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #31,917 of 75,869
oh my I just realized I have been neglecting my earbuds, goddam headphones and blue-tooth thingies
It's not neglect if it takes a round year to get from A-Z in your collection :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #31,919 of 75,869

Users who are viewing this thread

Back