Something to "xcited" about :grin:

Without further ado....

EB45.jpg

Simphonio Dragon2+ (SWD2+)
Shozy BK Limited

Hi bro, can recommend an earbud that is an upgrade from graphene clears? Thanks

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #29,313 of 75,449
@snip3r77
If you are looking for a ToTL DIY Graphene sounding earbuds, the first thing that comes to my mind is the MoonDrop Liebesleid. The Ling series will not be what I'll recommend as they are smoother sounding and quite different from the kind of sound signature you are looking for.

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #29,314 of 75,449
I wouldn't call the treble bright anymore. Before burn in they were pretty bright, but now I don't get that feeling anymore.

Anyone here have trouble with seal and frequency imbalance? The ZoomFred sounds like all the bass is in my right ear. I switched channels and the right ear still sounded bassier. Did a sine sweep with these and the Diomnes, and I had no imbalance issues with the Diomnes. I know the Diomnes housings are larger so they make a really snug fit, so I figured it's mainly a seal issue.

I do have a slight issue with hearing bass in my left ear, but with the ZoomFred it seems amplified and it's so distracting that it's ruining my enjoyment of these buds. I may need need to stick with IEMs for bass after all...
I have not noticed that, but I haven't listened to them critically since getting them. (Only listened while doing some work on the computer during a snow day). Did you try with hooks? I hate hooks, but maybe could help determine if seal is the problem or not. Maybe you got a bad set?

My husband said that because of Trump's new tariffs on China I should be careful with buying earbuds since they may arrive with $ due......... I hate that guy! :triportsad: (Trump, not my husband. :yum:)

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #29,315 of 75,449
Anyone have the white ling and samasara and can make a comparison? The samsara looks really attractive with the sale price, so wondering how much beeter is the white ling upgrade.

Thinking of picking one of these buds up as i generally like a warmish sound with good bass and smooth top end.

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #29,316 of 75,449
Anyone have the white ling and samasara and can make a comparison? The samsara looks really attractive with the sale price, so wondering how much beeter is the white ling upgrade.

Thinking of picking one of these buds up as i generally like a warmish sound with good bass and smooth top end.

First, we need to take note that Samsara is a series and not just one model - there are actually two models that bear the Samsara name, the 300ohm and the 500ohm. Between them, 500ohm Samsara is the better sounding of the two and pretty much about the level as a flagship ToTL, while 300ohm Samsara is about a top second-tier. White Ling will be more comparable to the 500ohm in overall quality and the main difference is that the 500ohm Samsara is very smooth overall while White Ling is has a more forwarded presentation (though still fairly smooth overall). This makes White Ling a bit more detail on the mid and treble, but less 'grand' in overall presentation.

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #29,317 of 75,449
First, we need to take note that Samsara is a series and not just one model - there are actually two models that bear the Samsara name, the 300ohm and the 500ohm. Between them, 500ohm Samsara is the better sounding of the two and pretty much about the level as a flagship ToTL, while 300ohm Samsara is about a top second-tier. White Ling will be more comparable to the 500ohm in overall quality and the main difference is that the 500ohm Samsara is very smooth overall while White Ling is has a more forwarded presentation (though still fairly smooth overall). This makes White Ling a bit more detail on the mid and treble, but less 'grand' in overall presentation.

how's the Black Ling icompared to the Poseidon in sound signature? is it comparable in SQ?

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #29,318 of 75,449
Mar 23, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #29,319 of 75,449
That was very interesting to me. I was thinking of getting one of the Lings but your conclusion was that K's house sound is not the best choice for classical music (which is my main listening). I want a convincing, realistic reproduction of the sound of live, unamplified acoustic instruments in real life. It should have good dynamics and accurate, neutral balance along with good detail (but not exaggerated beyond what you would hear in a live classical concert). Do Shozy BK and Moondrop Liebesleid fit this description?

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #29,320 of 75,449
i don't have the Poseidon, but i had a chance auditioning them when i met @zeta555 a while ago (great guy. thanks bro!)

i forgot what foam he used, i think it was the stock ones, so regular thickness i presume.
I use hiegi full foams on my Liebesleid.
i reckon using thin foams on the Poseidon would let more treble, but it will not be the same character as the Liebesleid.

maybe @ClieOS could give better opinion, because he has both.

you used the donut foam if I'm not mistaken. you should try the poseidon with a bright source. much better than from my Sony. lol

Because I love using the thinnest foams possible in a sense I opt for balanced-darker buds sometimes and let the thin foams bump up the treble and control the bass somewhat. So while the signature of the liebesleid sounds good to me, in practice I might actually prefer the poseidon with thin foams.

I really dislike what heigi foams (full and donut) do to the sound for my ears, they seem to dampen the airyness being more sealed. That’s why I love thin foams, they really provide the most transparent and airy sound.

Also the smoother the sound the better seeing as thin foams can reveal more harshness if the earbud/source files have any.

All this being moot since the poseidon isn’t available anymore, at least not the normal one, no way I’m paying through the roof for a precious metal version.
I'm selling my poseidon, well, all my earbud to be honest. maybe i'll be back when there's some new interesting buds (nirvana?)

Something to "xcited" about :grin:

Without further ado....

EB45.jpg

Simphonio Dragon2+ (SWD2+)
Shozy BK Limited
how's the sound?

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #29,321 of 75,449
Do Shozy BK and Moondrop Liebesleid fit this description?

I listen to classical mostly on Etymotic ER4S, so that's my gold standard - that being said, the only earbud for classical that measures up is the Rose Tech. Mojito. On the same line of thinking, Liebesleid will be better than BK for classical. However, if you like your classical more to the slightly warmer side of things (i.e. PK1), then BK will be a better choice.

how's the sound?

To sum it up into one word: AMAZING.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #29,322 of 75,449
Is the k500 samsara this one?
K's Earphone 500 ohm 2.5mm Balanced Plug Two Type High Impedance In Ear Earphone Earbud 500 ohms Earbud Flat Head
http://s.aliexpress.com/nu2yArim?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Andbwnyone know if the lgg6 (quad dac) can drive them well?

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #29,323 of 75,449
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #29,325 of 75,449
I listen to classical mostly on Etymotic ER4S, so that's my gold standard - that being said, the only earbud for classical that measures up is the Rose Tech. Mojito. On the same line of thinking, Liebesleid will be better than BK for classical. However, if you like your classical more to the slightly warmer side of things (i.e. PK1), then BK will be a better choice.

To sum it up into one word: AMAZING.

The Moondrop Liexxxxx is too expensive any value offerings that are a step up from Graphene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back