Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #29,327 of 75,463
I listen to classical mostly on Etymotic ER4S, so that's my gold standard - that being said, the only earbud for classical that measures up is the Rose Tech. Mojito. On the same line of thinking, Liebesleid will be better than BK for classical. However, if you like your classical more to the slightly warmer side of things (i.e. PK1), then BK will be a better choice.

To sum it up into one word: AMAZING.

My gold standard is the ER4XR for modern music :ksc75smile:

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #29,328 of 75,463
you used the donut foam if I'm not mistaken. you should try the poseidon with a bright source. much better than from my Sony. lol

Too bad i don't have 4.4mm adapter to try your poseidon with my gears :beyersmile:

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #29,330 of 75,463
@chinmie @zeta555 : Send poseidon to me I am always ready to try.

DX200_Cu_AMP4_01.jpg

DX200_Cu_AMP4_02.jpg

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #29,331 of 75,463
elaborate please

This is still very early to draw any conclusion or even make any real assessment since I just got it yesterday. As usual, I want it to get a few days worth of burn in just to settle things down a bit. But it is safe to say that Simphonio (same company as Sunrise) has created a worthy upgrade of the original SW-Dragon 2 (which was the only earbud that was in direct competition with Yuin PK1 at the time). More detail will come after I have enough listening time, but suffice to say the 3 yrs of R&D they spent is well justified - as we are looking at another very top level earbud here.

The Moondrop Liexxxxx is too expensive any value offerings that are a step up from Graphene?

Another choice will be VX Pro, also from MoonDrop. It has an even more neutral sound than liebesleid, but not as grand or refined a presentation. However, it is still an excellent choice for classical music IMO.

I am only seeing the K's 300 in Samsara version on Ali. Could anyone here please help clarify? Really looking forward to get either the K300 or K500 in Samsara edition for the Ali Sale.

Originally, there was the K series (i.e. K64) that is the lower end of the line up, then there was the Samsara series that is the higher end (and later joined by Poseidon and Lings). Unfortunately everything got lost in translation after Ali sellers randomlunch adopt all different ways of naming.

My gold standard is the ER4XR for modern music :ksc75smile:

Took me awhile, but I have found the golden pairing with ER4S and the now discontinued JDS Labs C421-AD8620. I dare to say neither ER4SR or XR can touch the combo.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #29,332 of 75,463
@chinmie @zeta555 : Send poseidon to me I am always ready to try.
where do you live? i'm selling it, so i can't really send it far away just in case someone want to buy it. lol

This is still very early to draw any conclusion or even make any real assessment since I just got it yesterday. As usual, I want it to get a few days worth of burn in just to settle things down a bit. But it is safe to say that Simphonio (same company as Sunrise) has created a worthy upgrade of the original SW-Dragon 2 (which was the only earbud that was in direct competition with Yuin PK1 at the time). More detail will come after I have enough listening time, but suffice to say the 3 yrs of R&D they spent is well justified - as we are looking at another very top level earbud here.
well, thats super interesting. i'll be waiting for your full impression then!

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #29,336 of 75,463
Mar 23, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #29,337 of 75,463
White Ling, though not by a big margin.

Have you heard the BS1 yet? For me in games (shooters) I find the positional sound is WAAAAY better than on Shozy BK. When I go back to the BK, it feels like the sound is directly in front of my head instead of around (or left/right).
Any chance to compare White Ling to BS1? :)

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #29,338 of 75,463
It depends,

With the back vents covered (by foam), BS-1's soundstage suffers and only a bit better than White Ling. With the back vents unobstructed, BS-1's soundstage is indeed noticeably bigger than both White Ling and BK. However, the opposite is true for mid-range texture which improves with the vents covered and degrades with vents opened. As far as overall balance goes, I think BS-1 is better than White Ling for sure. But I personally would rate the White Ling slightly higher mainly because I don't find BS-1 excels in any particular area (even though the overall balance of all aspects is pretty good). I guess you can say it lacks just a bit of wow factor for me.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #29,339 of 75,463
Mar 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #29,340 of 75,463

Users who are viewing this thread

Back