Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #28,816 of 75,148
That's the reason why I got the earbud guides, I can't search for them at any of the audio stores here in Sg and found them in aliexpress, now i'm using without any foams feels bit weird cause too much "airness" i'll try with the donuts.
Oh no definitely without foams I don’t like the sound. I’m using donuts (regular very transparent donuts, not heigi donuts). I made a few cut outs in the foam for the vents on the back... yes it was exceedingly finicky to cut right. Donuts sound the best if you use em over ear I’ve discovered, assuming you use some foams tape to get a great seal, atleast for my ears this was the case.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #28,817 of 75,148
Finally placed an order on BK blue, I hope it won't dissapoint.

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #28,818 of 75,148
Oh no definitely without foams I don’t like the sound. I’m using donuts (regular very transparent donuts, not heigi donuts). I made a few cut outs in the foam for the vents on the back... yes it was exceedingly finicky to cut right. Donuts sound the best if you use em over ear I’ve discovered, assuming you use some foams tape to get a great seal, atleast for my ears this was the case.
ok i'm back with the foamies and i think my preferences is this...

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #28,819 of 75,148
I had an appointment for a week ago but then the snow came.. beast from the east... and the UK panicked. Only 6 inches in our area on that day but no buses, no trains, and our ride bailed on us (we don't have a car). In Michigan and especially around Chicago one time, I have driven in true blizzards. People were even panic buying groceries. I just have a hard time relating to this having grown up in Upstate NY and spending much of my adult life in Michigan, I did encounter it once before in Texas when an inch of snow closed the school...

Thanks - that was beautiful. Good thing there is no global warming! :)

Yes it is. Makes it difficult or impossible to use iems, buds or even headphones. Right now the best thing for me is either silence or my new little Koss KSC75 clipon...kind of a giant bud that sits lightly on the ear.

You never know when those classic cheapo giant killer KSC75's might come in handy! :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #28,820 of 75,148
//---earbuds news---//
Lamia Earbud from Thai DIY maker names "Muchjurat Luzifer" in facebook. The housing is made of pure silver. The texture is really glossy likes mirror. It is Pk-sized shell, moreover they are limited run. The first one will be shipped to Phillipines. Any type of plug can be discussed. Ask price & further info via his Facebook Messenger.

Lamia earbud 01.jpg

Lamia earbud 02.jpg

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #28,821 of 75,148
//---earbuds news---//
Lamia Earbud from Thai DIY maker names "Muchjurat Luzifer" in facebook. The housing is made of pure silver. The texture is really glossy likes mirror. It is Pk-sized shell, moreover they are limited run. The first one will be shipped to Phillipines. Any type of plug can be discussed. Ask price & further info via his Facebook Messenger.

I have seen many of the photos on EA. These buds look great, but I haven't seen much discussion on sound signature.

Mar 8, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #28,824 of 75,148
So a little bit, just a little bit overwhelmed.

How about a challenge: List of the first 5 earbuds someone should start their collection or education with under $100 total. More than 5 or less is fine. Make the list your own!

Maybe it’s the if I could only take 5 to an island list. Or you can make it a true educational baseline list for a newbie.

A small explanation of why each one.
Maybe the list will have the greatest variety.
Maybe it will have 1 at $50 and 3 at $15 forgoing a 5 count?
I’m game for throwing some money at a small collection partly so I have a baseline of sound comparisons for people talking about more expensive options. At this stage I don’t see myself spending a couple hundred dollars on earbuds. The part they play in my collection is allowing me full transparency while surrounded by people and family.

Mar 8, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #28,825 of 75,148
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #28,826 of 75,148
ok i'm back with the foamies and i think my preferences is this...
If you like the airy treble of no foams but want the bass impact of foams grab the cheapo aliexpress foams linked a in previous pages for $1. I decided to roll with those for a change from the donuts and they are not dissappointing. Donuts have smoother high´s and slighty more bass impact maybe... or not if you use the foam tape under it´s plenty bassy with both foams, but the thin foams bring out the vocals slighty and the high´s are more crisp and airy. Overall it´s a little more edgy and quicker decay but I'm liking it wearing overear. Such an expansive soundstage and clean separation and imaging. :)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #28,827 of 75,148
So a little bit, just a little bit overwhelmed.

How about a challenge: List of the first 5 earbuds someone should start their collection or education with under $100 total. More than 5 or less is fine. Make the list your own!

Maybe it’s the if I could only take 5 to an island list. Or you can make it a true educational baseline list for a newbie.

A small explanation of why each one.
Maybe the list will have the greatest variety.
Maybe it will have 1 at $50 and 3 at $15 forgoing a 5 count?
I’m game for throwing some money at a small collection partly so I have a baseline of sound comparisons for people talking about more expensive options. At this stage I don’t see myself spending a couple hundred dollars on earbuds. The part they play in my collection is allowing me full transparency while surrounded by people and family.
Auglamour RX1 $22
EMX(S)500 $14
Yincrow X6 $11
Moondrop Nameless $23
Seahf F150C $19

Pack of cheap thin foams on aliexpress $1
Pack of donut foams $1

Total = $91

Might change one for the $15 **** PT15, still deciding...

Some I own some I've heard great things about and they fit into the group as a whole. I'll post the explanations later :)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #28,829 of 75,148
Auglamour RX1 $22
EMX(S)500 $14
Yincrow X6 $11
Moondrop Nameless $23
Seahf F150C $19

Pack of cheap thin foams on aliexpress $1
Pack of donut foams $1

Total = $91

Might change one for the $15 **** PT15, still deciding...

Some I own some I've heard great things about and they fit into the group as a whole. I'll post the explanations later :)

Maybe swap PT15 instead of X6. Others on the list are amazing (didn't hear Nameless but it's already proven to be good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back