1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. ClieOS Contributor
    Finally placed an order on BK blue, I hope it won't dissapoint.

2. liquidrats
    ok i'm back with the foamies and i think my preferences is this...

3. waynes world
    Thanks - that was beautiful. Good thing there is no global warming! :)

You never know when those classic cheapo giant killer KSC75's might come in handy! :)

mbwilson111 likes this.
  4. chaiyuta
    //---earbuds news---//
    Lamia Earbud from Thai DIY maker names "Muchjurat Luzifer" in facebook. The housing is made of pure silver. The texture is really glossy likes mirror. It is Pk-sized shell, moreover they are limited run. The first one will be shipped to Phillipines. Any type of plug can be discussed. Ask price & further info via his Facebook Messenger.

Lamia earbud 01.jpg

Lamia earbud 02.jpg

5. j4100
    I have seen many of the photos on EA. These buds look great, but I haven't seen much discussion on sound signature.

6. chaiyuta
    @j4100 : It has to wait customers make a review.

j4100 likes this.
  7. mbwilson111
    Those giant buds have been a lifesaver!

8. AmericanEDC
    So a little bit, just a little bit overwhelmed.

How about a challenge: List of the first 5 earbuds someone should start their collection or education with under $100 total. More than 5 or less is fine. Make the list your own!

Maybe it’s the if I could only take 5 to an island list. Or you can make it a true educational baseline list for a newbie.

A small explanation of why each one.
    Maybe the list will have the greatest variety.
    Maybe it will have 1 at $50 and 3 at $15 forgoing a 5 count?
    I’m game for throwing some money at a small collection partly so I have a baseline of sound comparisons for people talking about more expensive options. At this stage I don’t see myself spending a couple hundred dollars on earbuds. The part they play in my collection is allowing me full transparency while surrounded by people and family.

9. ClieOS Contributor
    I can only agree after I put the KCS75 on a PortaPro headband.:smile_phones:

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. seanc6441
    If you like the airy treble of no foams but want the bass impact of foams grab the cheapo aliexpress foams linked a in previous pages for $1. I decided to roll with those for a change from the donuts and they are not dissappointing. Donuts have smoother high´s and slighty more bass impact maybe... or not if you use the foam tape under it´s plenty bassy with both foams, but the thin foams bring out the vocals slighty and the high´s are more crisp and airy. Overall it´s a little more edgy and quicker decay but I'm liking it wearing overear. Such an expansive soundstage and clean separation and imaging. :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  11. seanc6441
    Auglamour RX1 $22
    EMX(S)500 $14
    Yincrow X6 $11
    Moondrop Nameless $23
    Seahf F150C $19

Pack of cheap thin foams on aliexpress $1
    Pack of donut foams $1

Total = $91

Might change one for the $15 senfer PT15, still deciding...

Some I own some I've heard great things about and they fit into the group as a whole. I'll post the explanations later :)

AmericanEDC likes this.
  12. AmericanEDC
    Thanks seanc6441. Great fodder for researching. Do most people buy on Alibaba, Gearbest, Banggood, places like that? Chinese sellers?

I'm making a cart now on AliExpress.

13. vladstef
    Maybe swap PT15 instead of X6. Others on the list are amazing (didn't hear Nameless but it's already proven to be good).

14. haiku
    My favourite rig with NEC Rahu silver golden naga earbuds by Muchjurat Luzifer. Stellar sound!

IMG_0420.JPG

15. haiku
    Also testing CAX Zoomfred at the moment!

IMG_0418.JPG

chaiyuta, rahmish, Danneq and 3 others like this.