1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. mbwilson111
    some of the cheaper iems for only a few minutes.... but...yes...

groucho69 likes this.
  2. waynes world
    There's nothing worse than an earache... except for a toothache - ouch! Sorry that you have to wait 3 weeks!

3. gazzington
    I've had a tooth abcyss a couple of times. Absolutely excruciating:frowning2:

4. Narayan23
    That´s bad although not as bad as a renal colic and both of those are child´s play compared to the pain of Real Madrid losing 2 - 6 to Barcelona at the Bernabeu stadium, I had to wear a fake beard, cap and sunglasses for weeks to avoid the mockery of Barcelona supporting friends and acquaintances. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

acap13, j4100, mbwilson111 and 2 others like this.
  5. hwaseul
    Hey, guys! New here and hoping someone can help me out with picking a new pair of earbuds. I'd like to get something better than my regular skullcandies.
    My price range is 50~ US dollars.
    Looking for ;
    >Buds that slip inside the ears.
    >Durability. They need to survive being tossed in my bag, stuffed into my pocket, etc. IF they come with a case though, I'll definitely use it.
    >Crisp, clear sound.
    Thanks in advance!

6. mbwilson111
    Thanks....I have a true extreme phobia...will have to be put under...so if I do not return...

I had an appointment for a week ago but then the snow came.. beast from the east... and the UK panicked. Only 6 inches in our area on that day but no buses, no trains, and our ride bailed on us (we don't have a car). In Michigan and especially around Chicago one time, I have driven in true blizzards. People were even panic buying groceries. I just have a hard time relating to this having grown up in Upstate NY and spending much of my adult life in Michigan, I did encounter it once before in Texas when an inch of snow closed the school...

Yes it is. Makes it difficult or impossible to use iems, buds or even headphones. Right now the best thing for me is either silence or my new little Koss KSC75 clipon...kind of a giant bud that sits lightly on the ear.

7. seanc6441
    Ouch... So did Countinho play? I’m still a little sore after the loss of our little magician (Liverpool Supporter)

euge likes this.
  8. chinmie
    Did you mean earbuds or IEMs?

9. noknok23
    Wrong thread... Earbuds≠IEMs

10. hwaseul
    my bad.
    i meant things like these.
    [​IMG]
    here, they're called in ear monitors though?

11. seanc6441
    Yes they are and there’s another thread for that kind. This thread is for classic earbuds, or ya know just ‘earbuds’.

hwaseul likes this.
  12. liquidrats
    ah i get what you mean i think without anything covering it it sounds bit thin and removes the body out of it but let me give it a try..

13. seanc6441

I found that with the back vents:

more open = more dynamic sound and more airy. The bass was a little less punchy but deeper, the highs had more light and airy quality and the mids were definitely more lush/full.

But the fit in ear with regards to foams and extras is the most important aspect with these buds, these are definitely not ‘sounds good with any fit’ kind of buds. Infact if you don’t get the fit right they sound downright nasal and hollow-empty!

More seal in ear + more open back vents gives me the best SQ with these buds. I’m gonna try attach some memory wire to mine for the over ear fit so I can angle it slightly forward towards my ear canal because it always sounds the best that way but never stays like that unless I push it with my finger :frowning2:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  14. liquidrats
    That's the reason why I got the earbud guides, I can't search for them at any of the audio stores here in Sg and found them in aliexpress, now i'm using without any foams feels bit weird cause too much "airness" i'll try with the donuts.

15. seanc6441
    Oh no definitely without foams I don’t like the sound. I’m using donuts (regular very transparent donuts, not heigi donuts). I made a few cut outs in the foam for the vents on the back... yes it was exceedingly finicky to cut right. Donuts sound the best if you use em over ear I’ve discovered, assuming you use some foams tape to get a great seal, atleast for my ears this was the case.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018