Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #28,801 of 75,445
I got the Radsone Earstudio ES100 bluetooth receiver yesterday. It's insane. Listening to 600ohm Sextetts and 300ohm Zen 1's out of it (in BT atpx), and they both sounds great. What a great gizmo. Go ahead cell phone companies - rip the headphone jacks out of your phones - I just don't care anymore :) And DAPS? What's a DAP? :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #28,803 of 75,445
The worst part is that right now I have an earache caused by a toothache and have to wait three weeks before it will be fixed...and what will I feel like then?

There's nothing worse than an earache... except for a toothache - ouch! Sorry that you have to wait 3 weeks!

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #28,804 of 75,445
I've had a tooth abcyss a couple of times. Absolutely excruciating:frowning2:

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #28,805 of 75,445

That´s bad although not as bad as a renal colic and both of those are child´s play compared to the pain of Real Madrid losing 2 - 6 to Barcelona at the Bernabeu stadium, I had to wear a fake beard, cap and sunglasses for weeks to avoid the mockery of Barcelona supporting friends and acquaintances. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #28,806 of 75,445
Hey, guys! New here and hoping someone can help me out with picking a new pair of earbuds. I'd like to get something better than my regular skullcandies.
My price range is 50~ US dollars.
Looking for ;
>Buds that slip inside the ears.
>Durability. They need to survive being tossed in my bag, stuffed into my pocket, etc. IF they come with a case though, I'll definitely use it.
>Crisp, clear sound.
Thanks in advance!

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #28,807 of 75,445
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Nightmare!

Thanks....I have a true extreme phobia...will have to be put under...so if I do not return...

There's nothing worse than an earache... except for a toothache - ouch! Sorry that you have to wait 3 weeks!

I had an appointment for a week ago but then the snow came.. beast from the east... and the UK panicked. Only 6 inches in our area on that day but no buses, no trains, and our ride bailed on us (we don't have a car). In Michigan and especially around Chicago one time, I have driven in true blizzards. People were even panic buying groceries. I just have a hard time relating to this having grown up in Upstate NY and spending much of my adult life in Michigan, I did encounter it once before in Texas when an inch of snow closed the school...

Yes it is. Makes it difficult or impossible to use iems, buds or even headphones. Right now the best thing for me is either silence or my new little Koss KSC75 clipon...kind of a giant bud that sits lightly on the ear.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #28,808 of 75,445
That´s bad although not as bad as a renal colic and both of those are child´s play compared to the pain of Real Madrid losing 2 - 6 to Barcelona at the Bernabeu stadium, I had to wear a fake beard, cap and sunglasses for weeks to avoid the mockery of Barcelona supporting friends and acquaintances. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ouch... So did Countinho play? I’m still a little sore after the loss of our little magician (Liverpool Supporter)

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #28,809 of 75,445
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #28,810 of 75,445
Hey, guys! New here and hoping someone can help me out with picking a new pair of earbuds. I'd like to get something better than my regular skullcandies.
My price range is 50~ US dollars.
Looking for ;
>Buds that slip inside the ears.
>Durability. They need to survive being tossed in my bag, stuffed into my pocket, etc. IF they come with a case though, I'll definitely use it.
>Crisp, clear sound.
Thanks in advance!
Wrong thread... Earbuds≠IEMs

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #28,811 of 75,445
Did you mean earbuds or IEMs?

Wrong thread... Earbuds≠IEMs
my bad.
i meant things like these.
411ReumYvCL._SY355_.jpg

here, they're called in ear monitors though?

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #28,812 of 75,445
my bad.
i meant things like these.
411ReumYvCL._SY355_.jpg

here, they're called in ear monitors though?
Yes they are and there’s another thread for that kind. This thread is for classic earbuds, or ya know just ‘earbuds’.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #28,813 of 75,445
Try over ear if possible. I’ve even added a thin ring of foam tape to get the best fit for SQ.

The soundstage completely opens up, its now the biggest of any earbud I own including the Rose Masya which previously had it beat of spaciousness.

Also the vocals take a nice bump forward, I think this is got to do with the sound being more airy and the angle of the driver being altered slightly. Vocals have become much more defined which is a very welcome change.

You can see by the size of the diameter that the foam is underneath the donut pad

and also (and this I found equally as important to get the most airy and effortless soundstage expansion) I completely unobstructed the back ports/vents on the shell as seem here

you can kind of see it on the bottom... sorry i was hard to get a good picture of it!
ah i get what you mean i think without anything covering it it sounds bit thin and removes the body out of it but let me give it a try..

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #28,814 of 75,445
ah i get what you mean i think without anything covering it it sounds bit thin and removes the body out of it but let me give it a try..

I found that with the back vents:

more open = more dynamic sound and more airy. The bass was a little less punchy but deeper, the highs had more light and airy quality and the mids were definitely more lush/full.

But the fit in ear with regards to foams and extras is the most important aspect with these buds, these are definitely not ‘sounds good with any fit’ kind of buds. Infact if you don’t get the fit right they sound downright nasal and hollow-empty!

More seal in ear + more open back vents gives me the best SQ with these buds. I’m gonna try attach some memory wire to mine for the over ear fit so I can angle it slightly forward towards my ear canal because it always sounds the best that way but never stays like that unless I push it with my finger :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #28,815 of 75,445
I found that with the back vents:

more open = more dynamic sound and more airy. The bass was a little less punchy but deeper, the highs had more light and airy quality and the mids were definitely more lush/full.

But the fit in ear with regards to foams and extras is the most important aspect with these buds, these are definitely not ‘sounds good with any fit’ kind of buds. Infact if you don’t get the fit right they sound downright nasal and hollow-empty!

More seal in ear + more open back vents gives me the best SQ with these buds. I’m gonna try attach some memory wire to mine for the over ear fit so I can angle it slightly forward towards my ear canal because it always sounds the best that way but never stays like that unless I push it with my finger :frowning2:
That's the reason why I got the earbud guides, I can't search for them at any of the audio stores here in Sg and found them in aliexpress, now i'm using without any foams feels bit weird cause too much "airness" i'll try with the donuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back