Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #27,076 of 75,869
I hope anyone that buys them likes them. I'd hate to be responsible for disappointment. One of the reasons I haven't really post impressions before!

Don't worry about that. It is up to the reader to read between the lines AND to have realistic expectations. It helps to have good music too. As long as I can get into my music, I am happy. I have really good music.

I will not be disappointed unless they are lost or defective.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #27,077 of 75,869
I bought my Graphenes in October. Not sure which version they are. Burn-in - I have no idea if it really works or is all in the mind, but I'm not leaving it to chance :)

If you show me where you bought them from, I could let you know (but no worries if you don't have it).

I hope anyone that buys them likes them. I'd hate to be responsible for disappointment. One of the reasons I haven't really post impressions before!

The only way you can truly be responsible here is by telling everyone to stay away from head-fi LOL

Seriously you are not responsible - whomever buys something based on your impressions is responsible (to know that they are taking a risk because their ears/preferences/sources etc might be different from yours).

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #27,078 of 75,869
If you show me where you bought them from, I could let you know (but no worries if you don't have it).

The only way you can truly be responsible here is by telling everyone to stay away from head-fi LOL

Seriously you are not responsible - whomever buys something based on your impressions is responsible (to know that they are taking a risk because their ears/preferences/sources etc might be different from yours).

Yeah, I was almost joking. I do the same - think things through and do other reading and searching, though some people take this thread (and head-fi) too seriously. ClieOS certainly had enough people questioning his thoughts at times (I read through the whole thread).

BTW - It was a NiceHCK Graphene

II hope all of you have a great weekend.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #27,079 of 75,869
Too late for this warning, I've already ordered mine ! :wink:

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #27,080 of 75,869
Too late for this warning, I've already ordered mine ! :wink:

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #27,081 of 75,869
BTW - It was a NiceHCK Graphene

NiceHCK had both graphenes the last time I looked. The old one is the more expensive of the two. I purposely got the new one because my husband has the old one. Thought we could compare but we haven't yet. As @waynes world says: tooooooooooooo many buds.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #27,083 of 75,869
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #27,085 of 75,869
Jan 12, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #27,086 of 75,869
Okay...kind of curious about new earbuds right now. Especially 15-50$ range.

Was thinking about HCK PK2 with silver cable but these one intrigue me very much:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...32831045644.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.XCBoV5

Any impressions about the PANDA Pk2 here??
Upper Mid-Treble emphasis and texture= diy pk2

Balanced-slightly bass/lower mid emphasis and smoothness= dsqm pk2s

That’s the main differences.

Pk2s is more all rounded because of the extra bass and slightly relaxed midrange. Although you lose some texture in vocals and the treble is smoother but less sparkly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #27,087 of 75,869
With all the graphene love, its a shame the budget thread is dead. Not to redirect the discussion, just thinking out loud.

I suspect with the neutrality of the ROS, I'll most likely be bored so it'll probably be a pass for me.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #27,088 of 75,869
With all the graphene love, its a shame the budget thread is dead. Not to redirect the discussion, just thinking out loud.

I suspect with the neutrality of the ROS, I'll most likely be bored so it'll probably be a pass for me.
Keep in mind we were discussing tonality and not necessarily the frequency being flat/neutral. Unless you prefer warmth/coldness in tonality as more fun.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #27,089 of 75,869
i have the new graphenes which are blue cable and noticed it as well....the sound is a bit more fleshed out and forward after some use... going back and forth between the emx500 R4YS and the new graphenes. i prefer the emx500 and R4ys sound more.. but once high res sound is used, the graphenes seem to perform differently.

emx 500 , R4YS and graphene mx 760 ( new version blue cable)

as far i am concerned.. the first 2 are somewhat similar but the R4YS has better clarity and wider soundstage and the emx 500 has better depth soundstage . in terms of bass they are both somewhat the same but better in their own ways.. if u prefer sub bass to mid bass then emx 500 is better but overall R4Ys has better bass throughout the soundstage and also has some sub bass..graphene is a different sound signature though... its tuned more towards impact weighty thick sound and depth soundstage and doesnt have the excellent articulation ( the flow of sound from top to bottom) of the emx 500 or R4YS...

But the graphenes will articulate more in terms fo forward backwards depth.. if u are mainly a concert, classical theatre hall music listener then the graphenes will do better.. than the other 2... or if u always listen to high res sources of this sort

For movie watchers, everyday youtube and mp3 or processed music or synthesized, emx and r4Ys is better...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back