Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 12, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #27,061 of 75,870
I found the graphene’s to be a little too bassy and showing less control over other ‘bassy’ earbuds. So I wouldn’t be disappointed in any earbud that has a tighter and more balanced bass response or even slightly less than balanced would be ok.

Ros1 sounds good from your impressions, I wonder if the tonality is warm or more neutral. For reference (of the buds you own) the shozy bk would be considered slightly warm, the graphene’s more neutral.

Either way thanks for the impressions and these seem like an interesting bud. I like the smaller size seems akin to the Auglamour RX1. They can fit really well with thicker donuts or a monk thin and donut over it.

I would say that they are more neutral, than warm.

The major plus points for the ROS1 for me apart from liking the sound, would be the comfort - they are very light and small as I mentioned plus the cable softness.

Getting a donut on was a hoot.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #27,062 of 75,870
I would say that they are more neutral, than warm.

The major plus points for the ROS1 for me apart from liking the sound, would be the comfort - they are very light and small as I mentioned plus the cable softness.

Yeah I love the smaller earbuds, gives your ears a break from mx500 shells xD

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #27,063 of 75,870

I have tried donuts on a couple of things. I ended up needing help. So far none have worked out for me because they shift sideways in my ear. So, it is full foams on everything.

I dislike the feeling of all the foams. I wish they would invent a more skin friendly materiel.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #27,064 of 75,870
I have tried donuts on a couple of things.
index.jpg

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #27,068 of 75,870
Is the soundstage large ??

You could read the original review... @j4100 said "Decent soundstage, though I'm not very good at defining soundstage and imaging."

Why do you ask the same question constantly?

If you want amazing soundstage try the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home. Doubt it gets much better than that.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #27,069 of 75,870
You could read the original review... @j4100 said "Decent soundstage, though I'm not very good at defining soundstage and imaging."

Why do you ask the same question constantly?

If you want amazing soundstage try the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home. Doubt it gets much better than that.
Full size speakers should do it :)

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #27,071 of 75,870
Jan 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #27,072 of 75,870
I decided to have a listen to the NiceHCK MX760 Graphenes I have, to compare to the Toneking ROS1. I didn't like them when I got them, but put them on the burn rig regardless then forgot about them. They changed a fair bit, as they were harsh with not a lot of bass at the beginning., but the harshness has now gone, but I feel the bass is overpowering and not very natural. Much prefer the ROS1, even though there could be more sub bass. Still, that's just my preference.YMMV, etc.

FYI I burned the ROS1 for around 120 hours. The Graphenes had at least that.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #27,073 of 75,870
I decided to have a listen to the NiceHCK MX760 Graphenes I have, to compare to the Toneking ROS1. I didn't like them when I got them, but put them on the burn rig regardless then forgot about them. They changed a fair bit, as they were harsh with not a lot of bass at the beginning., but the harshness has now gone, but I feel the bass is overpowering and not very natural. Much prefer the ROS1, even though there could be more sub bass. Still, that's just my preference.YMMV, etc.

I do really enjoy the the graphenes. If you like the ROS1 more then I am sure i will enjoy them as well. I hope mine arrive quickly.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #27,074 of 75,870

Great feedback. Maybe you mentioned it already, but are those the "old" graphenes? Assuming that is the case, it's good to verify that the highs settle down after some burn in (I listened to them from the start, so I didn't notice the change as much). I for one love the bass on the old graphenes, but I agree that it may not be "natural" (I'm not sure I even know what that is "natrual" anymore lol).

Anyway, the ROS1's are now on my ever expanding "the one" "next one" list!
:beerchug:

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #27,075 of 75,870
Great feedback. Maybe you mentioned it already, but are those the "old" graphenes? Assuming that is the case, it's good to verify that the highs settle down after some burn in (I listened to them from the start, so I didn't notice the change as much). I for one love the bass on the old graphenes, but I agree that it may not be "natural" (I'm not sure I even know what that is "natrual" anymore lol).

Anyway, the ROS1's are now on my ever expanding "the one" "next one" list!
:beerchug:

I bought my Graphenes in October. Not sure which version they are. Burn-in - I have no idea if it really works or is all in the mind, but I'm not leaving it to chance :)

I do really enjoy the the graphenes. If you like the ROS1 more then I am sure i will enjoy them as well. I hope mine arrive quickly.

I hope anyone that buys them likes them. I'd hate to be responsible for disappointment. One of the reasons I haven't really post impressions before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back