Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 24, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #26,417 of 75,227
how are you finding its sound compared to the qian39

Unfortunately I have not listened to the Qian39 in a really long time so I am unable to comment at this time.

I have only listened to the gold/black 40 ohm version right now, if I compare with the Monk+, they both share the same laid-back presentation but the tuning is different. Monk Lite has less bass and better clarity than Monk+, whereas Monk+ has warmer tonality, Lite is more neutral sounding, leaning towards bright.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #26,418 of 75,227
Unfortunately I have not listened to the Qian39 in a really long time so I am unable to comment at this time.

I have only listened to the gold/black 40 ohm version right now, if I compare with the Monk+, they both share the same laid-back presentation but the tuning is different. Monk Lite has less bass and better clarity than Monk+, whereas Monk+ has warmer tonality, Lite is more neutral sounding, leaning towards bright.

thanks for sharing this
i think i will order the 40 and 120 regular cable when they are back in stock

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #26,419 of 75,227
Got a notification that my K600 has cleared customs, but the two orders from the end of Nov are still out there in the ether. I'm guessing slow deliveries are in a container on a ship somewhere on the sea, or they are still using piston engined biplanes for airmail :)

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #26,420 of 75,227
Got a notification that my K600 has cleared customs, but the two orders from the end of Nov are still out there in the ether. I'm guessing slow deliveries are in a container on a ship somewhere on the sea, or they are still using piston engined biplanes for airmail :)
Maybe they are hand delivered via bicycle messanger lol

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #26,421 of 75,227
Maybe they are hand delivered via bicycle messanger lol

I reckon this guy has my items in his bag. Might be a while before I get them yet.
Calcutta_rickshaw.jpg

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #26,422 of 75,227
Do White Bell and Black Bell have the same earpiece (just different in silver vs dark metal finish)? In other words, is the real difference between White and Black only the cable?

They do not sound identical if that's what you are asking, They do however share K's house sound in overall tuning, which is generally has a particularly good lower end while on the smooth and warm side overall.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #26,424 of 75,227
nPRIe2rl.jpg

My wireless Rose Masya's - using the KZ Bluetooth adapter. They have the same 0.75mm 2-pin connectors. Works great and are BT 4.2 and Apt-X compatible. I may have to cut and remove the memory wire though, as it's a bit annoying.

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #26,425 of 75,227
nPRIe2rl.jpg

My wireless Rose Masya's - using the KZ Bluetooth adapter. They have the same 0.75mm 2-pin connectors. Works great and are BT 4.2 and Apt-X compatible. I may have to cut and remove the memory wire though, as it's a bit annoying.

:)

20171220_101716.jpg

Dec 25, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #26,430 of 75,227
White Bell comes with either single ended or balanced termination, both are OFC cable. Black Bell comes with stock or pure silver cable, stock is silver plated OFC + gold plated OFC. Poseidon comes only with 5N pure silver cable, but three different exotic housing materials: pure silver (stock and cheapest, but currently out of stock), platinum or gold. The later two are super expensive (10x the price). Bell series are brass btw. Given these are no cheap buy, I think you can probably ask for balanced plug even if you didn't see the option in Taobao.

No fitting issue with anyone of them - but as you can imagine, since they are all full metal with smooth finish, they don't offer a lot of friction and will slide out if you shake your head very quick (plus they are heavier than plastic earbuds, though not as much as Liebesleid). Those with Liebesleid probably already know how this goes. The solution is to use some foam pad, ideally donut foam or better yet, the DIY multi-hole foam that I described in the past.

Dear ClieOS, long time no speak. I am looking into earbuds for the first time (at least since I bought some aiwas in 1992). I want to go straight to the good stuff as I am using so really good iems.

Since I am quite superficial, I have selected some good looking ones that can be easily sources in China (I am in BJ).

I have been eying the Liebesleid and the K's Poseidon, as well as the K's finalacoustics (pic under).

1909192918.jpg

Any idea if these are in the same ballpark technically, and if they have wildly different signatures?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back