Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #26,401 of 75,234
I do think the bk is superior to the kineras, but I kinda like kineras tuning, just personal preference
Clearly I misread the reviews of the kinera thinking they were mid fi quality earbuds. If anyone can find them obviously they are an option but that would be difficult being limited edition.

Either way the bk/bs1 are pretty comparable and most will prefer the versatility and soundstage of the bs1 over the bk’s slightly more nuanced lower mids.

If a larger fit and heavier cable are an issue, the bk will suit those people more.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #26,403 of 75,234
EB39.jpg

Benjie BJ-49
K's Earphones 'White Bell'
K's Earphones 'Black Bell'
K's Earphones / FinalAcoustics Poseidon

Here are the three latest K's release - none is cheap, but they are really good, all in the flagship / 2nd flagship level. Poseidon is particularly great sounding and a worthy successor to K's 500ohm, plus a pure silver housing and MMCX silver cable no less. They are all burning in at the moment, so more impression will come after a few days.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #26,404 of 75,234
EB39.jpg

Benjie BJ-49

Here are the three latest K's release - none is cheap, but they are really good, all in the flagship / 2nd flagship level. Poseidon is particularly great sounding and a worthy successor to K's 500ohm, plus a pure silver housing and MMCX silver cable no less. They are all burning in at the moment, so more impression will come after a few days.
good to know, I press the trigger for Ling :)

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #26,407 of 75,234
@ClieOS : Wow so cool. What is your thought about fitting comparing to Moondrop Liebesleid? Some pictures in customers' feedback section of the taobao store shows there are 2.5 mm. BL plug option.

@euge : White Bell (Ling - Chinese pronounced sound) is one black cable per side while Black Bell is braid cable which is higher price and it has 2 braid cable options. Due to language barrier, I don't know which cable option is a higher option.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #26,408 of 75,234
Clearly I misread the reviews of the kinera thinking they were mid fi quality earbuds. If anyone can find them obviously they are an option but that would be difficult being limited edition.

Either way the bk/bs1 are pretty comparable and most will prefer the versatility and soundstage of the bs1 over the bk’s slightly more nuanced lower mids.

If a larger fit and heavier cable are an issue, the bk will suit those people more.

Recently I got 2nd pair of Kinera Buds via a resale customer with premium price. I am very glad that he don't like its sound and I will more grateful if I see Kinera Buds' owners do more negative reviews so that I might be able to get another pair more in future.

Dec 24, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #26,409 of 75,234
@ClieOS : Wow so cool. What is your thought about fitting comparing to Moondrop Liebesleid? Some pictures in customers' feedback section of the taobao store shows there are 2.5 mm. BL plug option.

@euge : White Bell (Ling - Chinese pronounced sound) is one black cable per side while Black Bell is braid cable which is higher price and it has 2 braid cable options. Due to language barrier, I don't know which cable option is a higher option.

White Bell comes with either single ended or balanced termination, both are OFC cable. Black Bell comes with stock or pure silver cable, stock is silver plated OFC + gold plated OFC. Poseidon comes only with 5N pure silver cable, but three different exotic housing materials: pure silver (stock and cheapest, but currently out of stock), platinum or gold. The later two are super expensive (10x the price). Bell series are brass btw. Given these are no cheap buy, I think you can probably ask for balanced plug even if you didn't see the option in Taobao.

No fitting issue with anyone of them - but as you can imagine, since they are all full metal with smooth finish, they don't offer a lot of friction and will slide out if you shake your head very quick (plus they are heavier than plastic earbuds, though not as much as Liebesleid). Those with Liebesleid probably already know how this goes. The solution is to use some foam pad, ideally donut foam or better yet, the DIY multi-hole foam that I described in the past.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #26,410 of 75,234
Waiting patiently for your review! Please kindly compare them to Shozy BK!

but it seems I couldn’t get the cheap version of Poseidon now! (457$)

I read about the materials that were incorporated into Poseidon. It’s my dreamed earbud.

After reading your review, I think I need to wait to buy the cheap Poseidon.

EB39.jpg

Benjie BJ-49

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #26,411 of 75,234
hi everyone
i love this thread, and thanks to all the contributions and info
i am a recent convert to earbuds (3 months) but had tried some earbuds some years ago with no joy
can anyone confirm if the new monk lite is using the qian39 shell as that seems to be a good size fit for my ear

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #26,412 of 75,234
White Bell comes with either single ended or balanced termination, both are OFC cable. Black Bell comes with stock or pure silver cable, stock is silver plated OFC + gold plated OFC.
Do White Bell and Black Bell have the same earpiece (just different in silver vs dark metal finish)? In other words, is the real difference between White and Black only the cable?

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #26,413 of 75,234
hi everyone
i love this thread, and thanks to all the contributions and info
i am a recent convert to earbuds (3 months) but had tried some earbuds some years ago with no joy
can anyone confirm if the new monk lite is using the qian39 shell as that seems to be a good size fit for my ear

Yes, I can confirm Monk Lite is using the Qian39 shell.

Qian39 in the middle.
monk lite.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back