Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 9, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #24,586 of 75,375
Fwiw, I like my Graphenes so much that I sleep with them :)

Seriously though, I like to fall asleep listening to music, and I normally would use cheaper earbuds because they can take a lot of abuse after a night of twisting and turning. I wouldn't have wanted to use the graphenes for this purpose because the cable seems kinda thin & frail to me, and I was sure that they wouldn't last a single night. But they sound so good, that I took a chance with them one night, and then another, and by this point I have been using them to fall asleep with for the last 6 weeks.

Now, my impression of the Graphenes is that they are damned tough!

That surprises me! I agree that the cable looks really frail and use my seahf 150 to fall asleep with, but won't worry so much about the Graphene cable now. Cheers

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #24,587 of 75,375
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #24,590 of 75,375
Any other suggestions with quality bass, more forward mids, not sibilant highs under 150$ that comes with 2.5mm jack?

Source will be Aune M1s. Thanks!
I use Campfred 1 with aune m1s and i think its amazing synergy, if you can grab a pair second hand (circa 130,00EUR), go for it. A friend told me Shozy BK is too bright with aune m1s - I really like Eking Master (circa 30,00EUR), a diy earbud from vietnam,very technical, detailed sound with can like bass. pm me if you want the contact. unfortunately he doesnt do balanced so you have to do the job yourself. ---

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #24,591 of 75,375
From the y splitter up Herry has used the same cardas cable as CAX Black uses. From the plug to the y splitter some sort of exclusive (and expensive) cable that reminds me a bit of a fire hose is used. This makes them more heavy than CAX Black and from the Y splitter up you have that same stiffness as CAX Black.

However, with a 3 year old and 2 month old kid I do not have that much time to listen to music at home...

Do CAX Black and Black Dragon come with a chin slider?
With Diomnes Lv2, the chin slider allows me to lock cables just under my chin, and this minimizes the risk that buds would fall off my ears when I move my head or yawn... Don't know about these two CAX..

By the way, congratulations on the baby :beerchug:

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #24,592 of 75,375
I have the Graphene and I sure love them.

Anyway, since I have the earbud disease, I wonder if is it worth to buy on 11.11 the following:

- Moondrop Nameless
- Tomahawk Mr.Z
- Qian 69

Instead of he Tomahawk you could try one of the newer line of Toneking earbuds. Unless you want the tomahawk's specifically. They are very dividing earbuds. I had them and can say they are source dependant and if you don't find the right source they sound 'off' in the mid range. Abit cold metallic sounding, but with the right source (from memory a warmer source with some amping power) they can sound excellent for the price range. The needed to be EQ'ed also to get a nice balance.

I forget the names of the newer range, toneking unicorn is one but there are others.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #24,596 of 75,375
Graphene sounds more transparent, balanced overall. Tighter on the bass and more textured on strings from bass to the upper mids region. EMX500 has great body on woodwinds instruments and boomier bass than Graphene. I think treble on Emx500 is sweeter than on Graphene and just as extended. One thing I find quite obvious, EMX tends to miss many informations on midrange region than on Graphene.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #24,597 of 75,375
Graphene sounds more transparent, balanced overall. Tighter on the bass and more textured on strings from bass to the upper mids region. EMX500 has great body on woodwinds instruments and boomier bass than Graphene. I think treble on Emx500 is sweeter than on Graphene and just as extended. One thing I find quite obvious, EMX tends to miss many informations on midrange region than on Graphene.

i love sparkle and sub bass, ariiness and depth, transparency in a detail and adequate amounts with the mids neither forward or recessed . any earbuds out there will fit my tastes?

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #24,599 of 75,375
My photos of Ryo Chandra Lesmana's custom painted DIY Earbuds:

P1090834.jpg

P1090824.jpg

P1090828.jpg

P1090830.jpg

P1090832.jpg

P1090829.jpg

P1090827.jpg

--

Nov 10, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #24,600 of 75,375
11th hour request for 11/11 sales:

I'm seeing the potential of earbuds incredibly late here, I've skimmed through approx the previous 20 pages of this thread and some of the reviews on the 'Everyday Listening' blog. What can you recommend that have the best imaging and are reasonably neutral? I want something for a variety of sources, variety of music genres and some PC gaming.

I would rather spend <$50 if there are good enough possibilities, but I'm not opposed to going up to something like the Shozy BK if I feel like anything else would be too much of a compromise. Based on the blog reviews I started eyeing up OurArt Ti7 and the MusicMaker Tomahawk, although some of you think newer upgrades on the Tomahawk might be better?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back