Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #22,742 of 75,857
Both of them color the sound in a manner that make the music appear unnatural to my ears. I guess people that enjoy the Tomahawk can also like the Graphenes.
To me the Graphenes are useless. But I seem to be the only one here with that opinion.

Thanks. In what way do they color the sound?

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #22,747 of 75,857
Not sure if I beat you to the joke or if it was that bad.

Just ordered a pair and I'm not really into the "pastel" type of sound. That is exactly how I would describe the sound signature of Toneking TP16 and that is why I sold my pair. Well, I'll at least give the graphene buds a chance.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #22,748 of 75,857
Not sure if I beat you to the joke or if it was that bad.

I took it as a joke but then that is how my mind works.

Meanwhile...your post triggered a bit of reading:

Chromesthesia or sound-to-color synesthesia is a type of synesthesia in which heard sounds automatically and involuntarily evoke an experience of color

Such an interesting subject.

In an attempt to stay on topic I will mention that my **** PT15 s arrived today and so far I am enjoying them.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #22,749 of 75,857
Thanks. In what way do they color the sound?

Take a listen to Bubbles on any kind of at least somewhat neutral tuned headgear

Then try it on the Graphenes. I promise your reaction ought to be - what's wrong with my set-up? Did I not push the plug fully through? Did I accidentally EQ my gear? Is my DAP running low on battery? What the frecking feck is wrong with my ears? Please let me out of this torture sound disaster!!!11111

Sep 6, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #22,753 of 75,857
Yeah, but they would have to improve quality control. Can't argue with the sound, one of the best deals in the history of audio, just pure energy.

I agree! (see below). And I haven`t even tried my trusty monk+ thin foams on them yet :)

What have been the typical QC issues with them?

Take a listen to Bubbles on any kind of at least somewhat neutral tuned headgear

Then try it on the Graphenes. I promise your reaction ought to be - what's wrong with my set-up? Did I not push the plug fully through? Did I accidentally EQ my gear? Is my DAP running low on battery? What the frecking feck is wrong with my ears? Please let me out of this torture sound disaster!!!11111

Just listened with my newly aquired emx 500`s. Sounds very awesome! Unbelievable actually. Thanks for posting that.

But back to the graphenes... your description is very vivid, but not completely clear lol. How do they sound to you?

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #22,755 of 75,857
Hey guys quick question, is there somewhere I can order donut foams from? I like listening to my Monks without foam, but they can get a little uncomfortable. I tried cutting holes into the stock ones but they end up stretching and ripping super easily afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back