Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #22,762 of 75,855
I took it as a joke but then that is how my mind works.

Meanwhile...your post triggered a bit of reading:

Chromesthesia or sound-to-color synesthesia is a type of synesthesia in which heard sounds automatically and involuntarily evoke an experience of color

Such an interesting subject.

In an attempt to stay on topic I will mention that my **** PT15 s arrived today and so far I am enjoying them.

To induce coloration to sound is a long-time favourite of audiophile.

Say 25+ years ago when I started playing tubes, we would buy a lot of tubes just to make the sound to have the best colour in our system. The most famous example is the Warm sounding "square" getter type and cold sounding "round" getter type of Mullard ecc82. Switch it with your tube amp/dac and one will immediately notice. But our ears somehow will adject to the sound for a longer listening. There are still other tubes sounding colder/warmer.
IMG_5066.JPG IMG_5067.JPG

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #22,763 of 75,855
Imagine the track you just listened to with random frequencies totally cut out, mainly low end, while some high frequencies are way over emphasized. Much like the MusicMaker TP16.

That would be pretty much the opposite of what I`d like to magine lol! Any other people feel the same way about the graphene`s?

At any rate, I`m really glad that you brought Yosi to my attention. Both Yosi and the 500`s are blowing my mind, as I attested to a friend who was asking about them compared to the qian39`s:

At this moment I am listening to new discovery Yosi Horikawa. Album "Vapor". Please find it and give it a listen. Listening with the emx 500's and is blowing my mind tbh. I like the 39's very much, but these 500's seem to be much more dynamic and layered, with amazing staging and separation and bass. No way these things cost only $5!
Having said that, I haven't done any comparisons yet. But I don't think this is "new $5 toy syndrome" lol.

Sep 7, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #22,765 of 75,855
I re-read the almost unanimously positive diy graphene posts, and broke down and hopped on the DIY graphene MX760 hype train. This even in spite of springbay`s scary opinions lol.

I`m not sure if they will end up being my cup-o-tea, as the emx500`s seem to pretty much hit my preferred sound signature. Then again, it may be time to try a bit of a different signature, and the graphene`s are not completely breaking the bank. So we will see!

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #22,766 of 75,855
Shozy stardust or rose mojito for a heavy rock metal fan? Or something else? Love vidos at the moment

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #22,768 of 75,855
Just received the EMX500's from that seller. They are beyond belief for an earbud costing less than 10$.

Huuuuge soundstage, great detail and very impressive bass for an earbud. They don't sound to me like they're U or V shaped. They are rather neutral with a touch more bass and a little bit cold in the highs.

No question about it: they're much much better than the Monk+'s I have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back