Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 28, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #22,441 of 75,542
Anyone knows an alternative for the Philips SHE3800? I freaking love its sound profile. But It's out of stock on fasttech now. I fear that my current one will go out unexpectedly.

I should have grabbed 3 pairs or so in the past...

Many thanks in advancce :)
@gobin . Me too I had three pairs. I destroyed 2 of these opening them for recable. They are my favorite earbuds. Like you said they are out of stock at Fasttech. I've found that they are available at Lunashop but unfortunately they are more than twice Fasttech's price.

Aug 28, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #22,442 of 75,542
Kinera, update info..
21125386_1934239950189209_9113861731965106424_o.jpg

Aug 28, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #22,443 of 75,542
@golov17

About the Masya Carbon and Original. Is the original Masya light on bass or just more balanced than the Carbon?

Will I be missing out on bass by buying the original version?

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #22,445 of 75,542
Thanks. I read this thread up to 100 pages back and found out some QC issue with the Shozy. Trying to avoid that at the moment if possible unless they have improved

Is PS600 this one: https://goo.gl/Q4H1Er or where can i purchase those?
I'd go for it anyway (I have the Stardust and had moisture issues with it), or maybe wait until they release a new earbud. But that will be in 2018 I think.

And tbh, I'm not sure if you should go for the PS-100 600 ohm, see: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/puresounds-ps100-600.22197/reviews#review-17995 - According to his review the Cygnus is superior. And we know which earbuds are superior to the Cygnus (Stardust, CampFred buds)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #22,446 of 75,542
@kamal007 : I can't answer your question whether PS100-600S+600-core cables is better than others or not. I never tried Shozy Stardust, Campfred CAX, and any TOTL earbuds too much except Rose Mojito. The good point of Rose Mojito is that it has 2-pin detachable feature. My favourite combination is Rose Mojito + Brimar SPC cable (with a little bit soldering wire tuning). But in case of Rose Mojito + stock cable, I prefer PS100-600S over it. The main reason is I prefer neutral tonality most. Whereas Rose Mojito + Stock cable has high-level Bright tonality.

Aug 28, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #22,447 of 75,542
Hiya fellow head-fiers,

today I've recieved DYI EMX500 and Yincrow X6. They sound very similiar to my ears - the X6's have just a tad more "bigger" sound. The highs are more realistic than the EMX500 and the bass goes a bit deeper. But the detail retrieval is to my ears better on EMX500. The cable on X6's is also nicer. However, both are more fun to listen than my Monks+ and MrZ Tomahawks -eventhough i guess that Monks and Tomahawks will still remain my go-to buds for jazz and acoustic music.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #22,449 of 75,542
I'd go for it anyway (I have the Stardust and had moisture issues with it), or maybe wait until they release a new earbud. But that will be in 2018 I think.

And tbh, I'm not sure if you should go for the PS-100 600 ohm, see: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/puresounds-ps100-600.22197/reviews#review-17995 - According to his review the Cygnus is superior. And we know which earbuds are superior to the Cygnus (Stardust, CampFred buds)

I am not so convinced by Vapman review, I was too quite underwhelmed by the ps600 at first until I upggraded my sources (that is zishan Z2 with TOTL op amp).... let's state it like this, if PS600 is driven properly, lot of power, clean source, it will sound better than campfred 1. The sound is super clean and very easy to like, beautiful vocals, little sub bass bump, smooth highs, overall very very clean, and tbh I still think that the ps600 hasn't shown all his potential to me with what i have yet.

If you have a low power source, campfred is better choice (still need rather hi-fi to shine)

afaik, cygnus is great because it sounds good out of anything, but doesn't scale as much? I never had it so take this with grain of salt.

hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #22,450 of 75,542
It depends on what qualities you are looking for. They each perform at a high level and have their differences. People have individual preferences and one is not necessarily "better" than another.

I know. Better is very subjective here but just want to gather as much opinion as I can before I take the plunge

@kamal007 If it helps, I just listened to Dark Side of the Moon on CampFred 2. Was so great to listen to, even on a Shanling M1 I had to listen twice.

Nice. If I can stretch my budget to get 2 TOTL earbuds, this will be my Top 3 (Based on what I read here)

Its quite a gamble to splurge $200 hoping to get a good unit. Shozy should really improve their QC for the TOTL earbuds

@kamal007 : I can't answer your question whether PS100-600S+600-core cables is better than others or not. I never tried Shozy Stardust, Campfred CAX, and any TOTL earbuds too much except Rose Mojito. The good point of Rose Mojito is that it has 2-pin detachable feature. My favourite combination is Rose Mojito + Brimar SPC cable (with a little bit soldering wire tuning). But in case of Rose Mojito + stock cable, I prefer PS100-600S over it. The main reason is I prefer neutral tonality most. Whereas Rose Mojito + Stock cable has high-level Bright tonality.

I see. PS100-600ohm is not that famous in here in comparison to Shozy, Rose series and others. Thats why I need to study abit more on the sound signature. Plus it will not be on sale this week on AE, so no rush for me to get it

I am not so convinced by Vapman review, I was too quite underwhelmed by the ps600 at first until I upggraded my sources (that is zishan Z2 with TOTL op amp).... let's state it like this, if PS600 is driven properly, lot of power, clean source, it will sound better than campfred 1. The sound is super clean and very easy to like, beautiful vocals, little sub bass bump, smooth highs, overall very very clean, and tbh I still think that the ps600 hasn't shown all his potential to me with what i have yet.

If you have a low power source, campfred is better choice (still need rather hi-fi to shine)

afaik, cygnus is great because it sounds good out of anything, but doesn't scale as much? I never had it so take this with grain of salt.

hope that helps.

Im using my Chord Mojo which in my opinion is a very good amp/dac. Far better than what I've used in the past 10 years. To my ears a DAC is far more important that an amp

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #22,451 of 75,542
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #22,452 of 75,542
I see. PS100-600ohm is not that famous in here in comparison to Shozy, Rose series and others. Thats why I need to study abit more on the sound signature. Plus it will not be on sale this week on AE, so no rush for me to get it

Im using my Chord Mojo which in my opinion is a very good amp/dac. Far better than what I've used in the past 10 years. To my ears a DAC is far more important that an amp

If you are going to 300Ohm or above earbuds, The amplifier will become a big role player. There are a lot of Players (DAP or DAC/AMP device) that can not feed enough power for those high Ohm earbuds. Since you use Chord Mojo as primary, I think even 600Ohm should be fine for you but not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back