Earbuds Round-Up
May 9, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #20,026 of 75,420
But also consider that earbuds are much more delicate than headphones, over ear or on ear. There are many reports of earbuds going bad. Headphones are much more robust.
I don't know. After Audeze, I think headphones (especially planars) are just as fragile. As for IEMs, I paid $400 for Grado GR10e IEM. That thing went to warranty repair 3 TIMES in one year. Ridiculous... I always take good care of my stuff too.

May 9, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #20,028 of 75,420
I think Audeze just has crap build quality. I really don't think it has any thing to do with them being planars.
Probably. I just heard that Planars are more fragile, but that may be due to Audeze's bad QA rep.

May 9, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #20,029 of 75,420
So I think I am done with budget earbuds ($10 or less) I have found two budget ones that I can live with for now after trying out the Qain39, Monk +, T-Music V1, SHE3800, Ty Hi-Z 32, T-Music V2 and Yinmann 64 ohm. But I am not completely happy with the two favorites, T-Music V2 and Yinmann 64 ohm. The T-Music V2 has excellent clarity and it is very precise but it is quite cold. The Yinmann 64 ohm is more musical then the V2 but it lacks the clarity and control of the V2.

I have a NiceHCK PK2 and Yinmann 150ohm on the way then I am going to save for some TOTL buds. I am thinking Shozy BK, Rose Maysa and QFreds.

May 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #20,030 of 75,420
My NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud (white) arrived this morning. Very nice packaging, accessories and look great for around $21!
Quick listening test - good, BUT need to compare to my budget and TOTL earbuds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=83562633993062&productId=32801437048

Sorry the above link doesn't work. They have an additional version - black earbud shell/white braided cable. And price for the black shell version is $27.38, up from $21.90 for the white shell version which is out of stock as of this posting. There's also a third, black cable version. I suggest going to AliExpress and searching for "NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud"

I did A<->B listening test with a y splittler and LG V10. The popular Qian25 vs. Nicehck DIY PK2.

-Qian25 has more bass, but the DIY PK2 more refined, tighter and more accurate bass.
-DIY PK2 more extensive soundstage
-DIY PK2 better resolution, and also brighter

Build quality and accessories - big win there for he DIY PK2. I don't want to overhype this - NICEHCK did a fine job. You'll need well produced music to notice a significant difference between the two. The Qian25 is still a damn good earbud for the price.

JKn5bs9.jpg

May 9, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #20,031 of 75,420
My new phone, the LG V20 & Wong Kuan Wae's (300Ω) Blur 魔女:

Wanting to test out if the "Quad DACs" were some sort of marketing gimmick on the LG V20, I quickly loaded up some of my favorite FLAC files and took it for a spin. Without hesitation I reached first for Wong Kuan Wae's Blur 魔女. Once the music started playing, the look on my face must have been priceless, I was COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY! These two paired together is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The HUGE soundstage and absolutely crystal clear playback is beyond words.

I can't tell you how real the "Hi-Fi" mode on the LG V20 truly is, I just know it SINGS when used with the Blur 魔女. Wong Kuan Wae tuned this earbud to have such perfect, slightly forward mids, along with the best detailed highs I have ever heard. I HIGHLY recommend picking up one of the Blur versions for those looking for a one of a kind sound.

--

Thanks for your impressions of the LG 20, I have been seriously considering it for my next phone.
Do you have a purchase link to the Blur?

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #20,034 of 75,420
My new phone, the LG V20 & Wong Kuan Wae's (300Ω) Blur 魔女:

Wanting to test out if the "Quad DACs" were some sort of marketing gimmick on the LG V20, I quickly loaded up some of my favorite FLAC files and took it for a spin. Without hesitation I reached first for Wong Kuan Wae's Blur 魔女. Once the music started playing, the look on my face must have been priceless, I was COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY! These two paired together is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The HUGE soundstage and absolutely crystal clear playback is beyond words.

I can't tell you how real the "Hi-Fi" mode on the LG V20 truly is, I just know it SINGS when used with the Blur 魔女. Wong Kuan Wae tuned this earbud to have such perfect, slightly forward mids, along with the best detailed highs I have ever heard. I HIGHLY recommend picking up one of the Blur versions for those looking for a one of a kind sound.

--

How much are these earbuds, also where did you find that leather case?

May 9, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #20,035 of 75,420
May 9, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #20,039 of 75,420
One of the biggest mysteries of the Universe finally solved :darthsmile: I'm tempted to buy one as I don't have any Faaeal in my collection. Any suggestions?
I personally enjoy this 32ohm ...I am not sure if it is the old or new driver (see below) For a while it was my top budget beating yuins, qians, monks, k's in the all rounder budget...also amazing cable. And its still awesome, but tbh the emx500 beats it for me mostly cuz bass and crispness.I asked FAAEAL about the difference of their buds, here is the response I received:

Hi my friend, thanks for your kindly inquiry, please kindly note all the driver of 32ohms old version and the new version is different, and the outstanding of tuning for old version is on the analysis, the new version is in the bass.
For the 64ohms, the driver is the same, but the material of cable is not the same, like silver line upgrade version: the silver line version is a better upgrade for middle, treble .

May 9, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #20,040 of 75,420
This Vido is so amazing that I ordered another 3 pcs. Oh dat bass is so mesmerizing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back