Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #19,141 of 75,301
  I have had various KSC75 or KSC35's drivers for more than a decade and they do scale up when compared to much more expensive headphones I own/experienced, not saying not equal or better, but an undisputed value.. Yet, I have a very hard time using the KSC75 as an earbud....I guess my ears are too small :wink: Is it possible there might be different thread related to the Koss drivers?  I simply can't find it :wink:

@Jupiterknight http://www.head-fi.org/t/638757/koss-ksc75s-dont-forget-this-giant-killer-in-all-the-hidden-gem-hype

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #19,142 of 75,301
Blox B320 arrived in a cute little parcel. Right out of the box, I believe it's quality sound, very musical, great clarity, great soundstage, but (a big but though), it's too bright for my taste (comes from who don't feel PT15 to be bright), and I found that midrange is very discernibly not true to the sound. 

----

Edit:
Interestingly, I find it not very hard to drive, it's quite listenable from my smartphone, unlike a lot of high ohm earbuds I owned. 

Edit2:
Donut foam works well for me, the brightness significantly dimmed. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #19,145 of 75,301

Others find it quite hard to drive, so maybe that's why it is bright for you? Just guessing

Mostly I use it with Zishan player which outputs a lot of power, it sounds bright to me out of Zishan as well as Stepdance amp, I guess it may not be the source thing. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #19,146 of 75,301
  Yet, I have a very hard time using the KSC75 as an earbud....I guess my ears are too small :wink:

You're right, ear buds in many ways are better. I guess I'm still trying to find my happy medium. However, these KSC75's are pretty divine. I'm also not sure if ear buds are my thing. I think I may prefer the secure seal of a IEM even though the sound quality is different.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #19,147 of 75,301
  You're right, ear buds in many ways are better. I guess I'm still trying to find my happy medium. However, these KSC75's are pretty divine. I'm also not sure if ear buds are my thing. I think I may prefer the secure seal of a IEM even though the sound quality is different.

IEM have a time and a place for me, it is very specific though.

The earbuds I think are in line with the KSC75 in sound quality tend to start with the Asura 2 in my opinion. Stuff in the 20ish range can come close but you really have to spend over 50 to get equivalent to KSC75 quality from buds IMO.

You have a lot of $ to make back in the classifieds, thats for sure.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #19,150 of 75,301
  IEM have a time and a place for me, it is very specific though.

The earbuds I think are in line with the KSC75 in sound quality tend to start with the Asura 2 in my opinion. Stuff in the 20ish range can come close but you really have to spend over 50 to get equivalent to KSC75 quality from buds IMO.

You have a lot of $ to make back in the classifieds, thats for sure.

I have a hard time seeing myself buy expensive ear buds... after hearing the KSC75. I'm not even sure why I started buying so many ear buds in the first place, lol. I did learn a few things though in the process, that IEMs can't emulate a lot sounds ear buds can, so that was important to learn. I will still use ear buds, actually, I'll carry a pair of IEM's and ear buds with me when I'm out and about, so I'll have access to both. 

I'm mainly selling some IEM's and ear buds I have because they don't work well with the Colorful C3, they work perfectly with the Benjie S5 though. I'm a little confused why this is. It seems that the C3 prefers higher caliber headphones, while the S5 isn't quality racist against any pair of headphones, all Chifi headphones seem to sound amazing with it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #19,151 of 75,301
Does anyone here have the Koss KSC75?  They just hit my radar and seem full of hype!  I have the monk+, qian 39, and **** pt15.  Any comparisons?  They cost a bit more than the monks so great value at $15.  I've seen on other threads that say the Koss headphones rival $100 headphones but I just cant believe that.  Thoughts?

On the Parts Express mini headband, yes they do! I have headphones over $100, and in many ways the little KSC75 matches them blow-for-blow.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #19,153 of 75,301
On the Parts Express mini headband, yes they do! I have headphones over $100, and in many ways the little KSC75 matches them blow-for-blow.

K I'm convinced for sure. I'm gonna go buy these right now. Found a great price on them in Canada. Than to decide on mods!

I have porta sporta and ksc75. I prefer the sporta pro drivers. Idk how they are different but I've heard they are the same as ksc35.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #19,154 of 75,301

I'll second this. I was listening to music through this setup when I read this post. There's nothing like them for the price, and the headband is more than worth the few dollars it costs. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #19,155 of 75,301
I can report a successful connector swap on my K's 500 v2 earbuds.

I had ordered the Balanced 2.5mm TRRS model, but there was a mix-up, and they shipped the 3.5mm TRS model.
After contacting Jim at NiceHCK, he's shipping the 2.5mm TRRS connector.

Since I had already ordered some 2.5mm TRRS Ranko plugs, for assembling / modifying cables, I went ahead and installed one of those in-place of the 3.5mm TRS plug.

Even before the connector swap, I was seriously impressed with the audio performance of these K's 500 earbuds.  They have amazing low Bass impact & clarity; really smooth & detailed Midrange; and clear & extended Treble.  The 2.5mm TRRS plug allows me to take advantage of the excellent balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1 DAP.

I'm looking forward to comparing them to the TY Hi-Z 650 earbuds that I'm purchasing from @vapman.  Those should be here in the next week or two.  I'll check them out as stock 3.5mm TRS, and then also swap their connector for a Ranko 2.5mm TRRS.

Before photo (K's 500 v2, 3.5mm TRS) -

After photo (K's 500 v2, 2.5mm TRRS) -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back