Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #19,127 of 75,300
Wow, so instead of "outfit of the day", you have "earbud of the day"? 
biggrin.gif

How do you choose??

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #19,132 of 75,300
Does anyone here have the Koss KSC75?  They just hit my radar and seem full of hype!  I have the monk+, qian 39, and **** pt15.  Any comparisons?  They cost a bit more than the monks so great value at $15.  I've seen on other threads that say the Koss headphones rival $100 headphones but I just cant believe that.  Thoughts?

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #19,133 of 75,300

I'll let the experts chime in, but my thought would be that the profile of the cable would not affect sound as much as the quality of what is inside the cable. 

I would agree with this. Going back to my days of experimenting with amps and speakers, thinner cable can have built in resistance, which is beneficial to some drivers. Other drivers benefit for the additional bandwidth and beefier cable offers. I'm certainly not an expert, but read may threads stating that this matters and is amp / driver dependent. I'm not sure there is a hard and fast technical answer unless you have a specific set-up. My guess is that a high-quality thin cable will likely be the best solution in the case of buds, hopefully others will chime in. 

However, to sti23's point above, the quality of the cable / connector is what will matter in the end.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #19,134 of 75,300

Does Earbud Cable makes any difference in Sound Quality? If Cable is Thick or Flat Cable, then what difference it will make in Earbud Sound? 

I'll let the experts chime in, but my thought would be that the profile of the cable would not affect sound as much as the quality of what is inside the cable. 

We don't do blind or AB or ABX test here so difficult to say for certain. But like religion, it doesn't stop us from believing.

I highly doubt cables, beyond a certain minimal guage make a difference. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #19,135 of 75,300

We don't do blind or AB or ABX test here so difficult to say for certain. But like religion, it doesn't stop us from believing.

I highly doubt cables, beyond a certain minimal guage make a difference. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths

That's how some of these big name companies make money though, right? 
wink.gif
  If the cable costs 10x more than others, it's gotta be good! (most everyone doesn't know me here because I'm new, but that's my sarcasm for you to recognize!)

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #19,136 of 75,300
  Does anyone here have the Koss KSC75?  They just hit my radar and seem full of hype!  I have the monk+, qian 39, and **** pt15.  Any comparisons?  They cost a bit more than the monks so great value at $15.  I've seen on other threads that say the Koss headphones rival $100 headphones but I just cant believe that.  Thoughts?

I have every one of those ear buds except for Monk+ plus 10 more Chifi buds. I wish I found the KSC75 before I spent $200.00 on Chifi ear buds because I wasted my money. Let's be honest though, the KSC75 are different, they are clip ons or can be used with a headband. But they are much superior than the 15 pairs of Chifi buds I bought.

PS: I bought 2 pairs of the KSC75 plus extra pads. They are worth it.

PPS: The KSC75's retail on Amazon Canada for $26.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #19,137 of 75,300
Love the KSC75 but my last few sets only lasted 3-4 months so I figured it was about time I stopped buying them :rolleyes: would be cool to see what VE or MusicMaker etc... could do , we are overdue for an earclip renaissance!

Since I'm already OT: looks like Shozy Stardust/BK cable can be bought seperate as MMCX replacement cable now, if you don't mind spending as much as a BK itself :D It's pretty nice feeling cable but a little bit prone to kinking (on the stardust at least).

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #19,138 of 75,300
  I have every one of those ear buds except for Monk+ plus 10 more Chifi buds. I wish I found the KSC75 before I spent $200.00 on Chifi ear buds because I wasted my money. Let's be honest though, the KSC75 are different, they are clip ons or can be used with a headband. But they are much superior than the 15 pairs of Chifi buds I bought.

PS: I bought 2 pairs of the KSC75 plus extra pads. They are worth it.

PPS: The KSC75's retail on Amazon Canada for $26.

Thanks for the response!

I've been pretty tempted by the ksc75 for the last few weeks but i think you convinced me!  Lets be honest, they are really ugly headphones but i think they'd be great for around the house.  Maybe with the headband mod i'd consider them out of the house but still not sure.

So these are pretty easily better than the PT15's in your opinion?

Edit: I'm from Canada too!  Alberta!

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #19,139 of 75,300
  Lets be honest, they are really ugly headphones but i think they'd be great for around the house.  Maybe with the headband mod i'd consider them out of the house but still not sure.

So these are pretty easily better than the PT15's in your opinion?

I find the headphones ugly in a good way, everyone is laughing at them but they have no clue on how good they sound. Plus there is no need to worry about being robbed for them unless the wife steals them from you.

The PT15s are terribly metallic and I regret ever buying them. They might sound better with a good cable but I am not that patient.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #19,140 of 75,300
I have had various KSC75 or KSC35's drivers for more than a decade and they do scale up when compared to much more expensive headphones I own/experienced, not saying not equal or better, but an undisputed value.. Yet, I have a very hard time using the KSC75 as an earbud....I guess my ears are too small :wink: Is it possible there might be different thread related to the Koss drivers?  I simply can't find it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back