Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jul 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #4,338 of 5,854
Quote:
Those are a lot of headphones you have got up there :p
Amazing write up , if anybody is interested in getting the 009's they are on sale :p 

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_main_page.php - 3400 (You can't beat that you just can't :p)

[size=large]Heavily back-ordered on factory.[/size]
[size=large]It may need 4 months or more to be shipped after your order.[/size]
[size=medium]( We shipped recently SR-009 to the customer who ordered it on April 14.)[/size]

[size=medium]Ouch...[/size]

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #4,339 of 5,854
Well at $2k less than sticker, I would assume they are getting destroyed with orders. :p

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #4,340 of 5,854
Quote:

[size=large]Heavily back-ordered on factory.[/size]
[size=large]It may need 4 months or more to be shipped after your order.[/size]
[size=medium]( We shipped recently SR-009 to the customer who ordered it on April 14.)[/size]

[size=medium]Ouch...[/size]

Better late than never :p

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4,341 of 5,854
Hey, it's cheaper than the Abyss... 
size]

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #4,344 of 5,854
Extraordinary review! A very enjoyable read. It helped me make up my mind on originally getting the HE500 (4 months ago) then later I got the LCD2 Rev 2. I have had fair number of cans on this in the past, though the LCD2 rev 2 has hit pure audio nirvana for me.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #4,347 of 5,854
Just found this thread after reading tons of "appreciation" threads/posts and have realized that so many people essentially regurgitate, almost verbatim, what the OP has written, and then pass it off as an original thought.  Some of the posts are literally word for word, without quotations or reference to the OP.  This is why I don't read reviews for movies before I see them, easier to keep an open-mind that way and then you know that your critique is honest, unbiased or less biased, and truly your own thoughts and feelings.  Unfortunately I have no way to demo any headphones, so I have to rely on other people's reviews.  

But I digress, I wonder where the OP ranks the TH-900 value wise now that they have dropped down to $1500.  Really surprised he ranks them so poorly.  Would have guessed they would have at least been in the top 20, sound quality wise, based upon everything I have read.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #4,348 of 5,854
Quote:
Just found this thread after reading tons of "appreciation" threads/posts and have realized that so many people essentially regurgitate, almost verbatim, what the OP has written, and then pass it off as an original thought.  Some of the posts are literally word for word, without quotations or reference to the OP.  This is why I don't read reviews for movies before I see them, easier to keep an open-mind that way and then you know that your critique is honest, unbiased or less biased, and truly your own thoughts and feelings.  Unfortunately I have no way to demo any headphones, so I have to rely on other people's reviews.  

But I digress, I wonder where the OP ranks the TH-900 value wise now that they have dropped down to $1500.  Really surprised he ranks them so poorly.  Would have guessed they would have at least been in the top 20, sound quality wise, based upon everything I have read.

well they're already pretty high up there. only headphones that surprise me are the hd 600 and 650 being higher, but then again he put dt 880 over PS1000 and D7k as well. he might have just ranked them low because of the fact that they're really bassy which isn't normal for a high end headphone, and cause they where $2000 and could be seen as overpriced by alot of people. but besides the hd 600/650 being ranked higher, everything else makes sense. i feel the other headphones on top of them are better in terms of technical performance.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #4,349 of 5,854
Quote:

I think thats because the reviewer believes that HE-6, HD-800 performs better than the TH-900 (especially since he emphsizes the importance of neutrality often) so in that aspect to him, the TH-900 is a poor value since the previous two phones are several 100 dollars cheaper. Since they are 1500 like you said, i would guess that his take would be slightly different?

But even at 1500 its still more expensive than HE-6 and HD-800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back