Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Feb 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2,822 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David,
Do you feel the LCD3s have even more detailed and textured bass than the sr-009s? Why do you feel that the lcd3s bass is better than the 009s? Thank you.

I'm not David, but I do happen to own both. The LCD-3's bass does pack more punch and is simply magical! But that said, I prefer the SR-009's control, detail and layering. Overall, I prefer the SR-009's bass presentation by a small margin.

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #2,824 of 5,854
Should anyone like to read a bit :]
http://www.head-fi.org/t/650912/he-6-ultimate-review-write-up

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #2,825 of 5,854
Such an amazing review. I keep going back to it whenever I get ideas towards new headphones. :)

Anyone else looking forward to the LCD-2.2 update?

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2,826 of 5,854
Quote:
Such an amazing review. I keep going back to it whenever I get ideas towards new headphones. :)

Anyone else looking forward to the LCD-2.2 update?

Thanks! My LCD-3 should return this week and this will make the LCD-2.2 review sooner :)

Quote:
David, I am very much awaiting your view on the TakeT H2+. Any idea when I can expect it? Are you going to include the TR2 transformer box? Hope you will find time soon. All the best.

I wish I could afford them right now.  :'(

Quote:
Hi David,
Do you feel the LCD3s have even more detailed and textured bass than the sr-009s? Why do you feel that the lcd3s bass is better than the 009s? Thank you.

I think MacedonianHero really nailed it!  The LCD-3 has a more robust and lifelike bass sound.  I also really love the HE-6's bass.

Quote:
David,

Again, thank you for this extensive review and your on going effort to update it. I have been following this thread on and off, but was not able to follow everything 100%, and most importantly, track on the changes that you have made on this review. While reading the entire review again is a much enjoyable experience, but I have issues tracking the changes you made, as I intend to follow up with your new discoveries and such. Just a small suggestion, is it possible for you to add Revision numbers and revision history so we can easily track the progress of this great work?

Thanks of sharing the news on Jade 2 revive - Can't wait to see her go production and get more impressions from head-fier. If its cheaper than HD800 I might be able to get my financial approval :D

Thanks.

Hmmm, how would I add revision #s?

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #2,827 of 5,854
Hi David, Thanks for taking consideration on the idea, while I'm not a documentation expert, I normally see people keep their update history records by date, revision number or both. It would be a manual process I guess, as an additional session in your already great review.

First, by date, example
15/02/13 - Update description for STAX SR-009.
01/03/13 - Additional 7 headphones to the review: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
03/04/13 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.

Or, by revision number in following format x.x.x where the
First x would keep track of major changes, like revamp of the entire article, or at least 20-30 headphones added to the review
Second one would be medium changes, maybe additional of 2-3 headphones, or alteration of the headphone preferences
Last x would be minor changes, such as changing some minor description or information.
Example:
1.0.0 - Original release
1.0.1 - Updated description for SR-009.
2.0.1 - Additional 7 headphones to the list: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
2.1.0 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.

I think there is no point to included the changes you have done so far unless you still remember them. It would be easier to mark your current review as original content, and start the logging from now.

Thanks again for spending your time reading my 0.02.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2,829 of 5,854
Great review i upgraded from the DT880 Pro to the SRH-1840 ( cottonball modded)even when not modded i feel it has alot more clarity and a wider soundstage also doesnt have the shreaking treble hahaha, a brighter sound which i like , with my zero dac the bass is enough i dont want anymore bass at all , i felt that the DT880 mashed all the instuments together when the music get "dense"( e.g johnny Cash Hurt  at one point his voice gets very deep and the guitar strumming becomes very very intense and the DT880 started to distort ? i tried it on the 1840 and it maintained without distorting !!!

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2,831 of 5,854
no its the file my knob is usally at the 9oclock ( 6oclock is no sound ) and songs come out normal volume in this particular song 
johnny cashs voice becomes very intense and well it seems that the studio that did it for him made a db increase in that part of the song , even at low volume i hear this sound( like a plastic bag being moved)  but not on the 1840s 

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2,832 of 5,854
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

ahh hear it is , though the one i have is a vinyl rip this one is pretty close tho it seems like the coding prevents the crackling sound i heard...hmmm

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #2,834 of 5,854
Quote:
awesome review David
one question though ...... shouldn't the k 601 be here? (I mean k501 made the list so why not k601)
anyway excellent work thanks man

If you look at the end of the review you'll notice that David has said: 

"The following list is one of other notable headphones that I have owned and/or evaluated. Please note that this is NOT a list of those which did not make the cut; this is simply a list of headphones which I have owned or have tried, but do not own at the moment and as a result, could not compare them fairly to the others)..."

Lo and behold, the AKG K601 is the very first on the list. That should answer your question. :D 

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #2,835 of 5,854
Bit left field here....just finished reading epic review.....i'm wondering if any of you chaps would point out a preferred upgrade for my Bose QC15's, for my Astell & Kern AK100....with music preferences of Elliot Smith, Jeff Buckley and Radiohead, from the great list of 50 Flagships. I'm thinking no more than about £500 models.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back