Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,762 of 5,854
Quote:

Correlative means that there's probably a relationship between the two, but neither one necessarily causes the other.

I agree with that. It's also related to amplification or construction of headphones in my evidence.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,763 of 5,854
Quote:
Well HE-6 is absolutely amazing with music (slightly less so with games but still quite excellent) I think I dont need anything else.
Each instrument has its place and sounds just so real... damn I cant imagine anything sounding better...
Bright to my ears? Not really overall, only the instruments that should sound like that (certain electronic guitars,etc)
I d say worth their price (as far as audio goodness is valued :D)

Review coming next week (HE-6---Mini-X---NFB 3.32.---PC for music, HE-6---Mini-X---DSP processor---PS3 for gaming)

I agree with the HE-6 being absolutely amazing, and they seem to scale infinitely. I bought a McIntosh MC225 integrated vintage tube amp with upgraded MC240 transformer/ new tubes and full clean up.

It's the best sound I've ever heard.

I feel like selling my mjolnir now, but it's useful to have. The MCIntosh simply outclassed, dramatically even, my HE-6/HD800/LCD-3's through the gung/mjolni/bha-1, vintage sansui and marantz.

It sounds significantly better than the Zana Deux SE, Super7 and WA22 I tried recently.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #2,766 of 5,854
Quote:
I agree with the HE-6 being absolutely amazing, and they seem to scale infinitely. I bought a McIntosh MC225 integrated vintage tube amp with upgraded MC240 transformer/ new tubes and full clean up.

I feel like selling my mjolnir now, but it's useful to have. The MCIntosh simply outclassed, dramatically even, my HE-6/HD800/LCD-3's through the gung/mjolni/bha-1, vintage sansui and marantz.

It sounds significantly better than the Zana Deux SE, Super7 and WA22 I tried recently.

I'm curious as after how many hrs of listening with the Mac that you arrived to this impression or conclusion?

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,767 of 5,854
Quote:

More power and distortion = better sound? The specs do not seem to be very impressive... Whatever.

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10004/MC225%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,769 of 5,854
Quote:
Warmer sound :)

Yes, I know... But still, distorted sound for 3000USD? I thought we are talking hi-fi (high fidelity), not hi-di (high distortion)! o_O

My wallet just don't get it... Nevermind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,773 of 5,854
Quote:

Hifiman is making amazing work with most of their headphones now! It would be so great if they would eventually make something even better than Orpheus! ...and price it less than LCD-3...so many people around the world could enjoy the best sound ever! Best of luck Hifiman:)

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2,774 of 5,854
Quote:

Quote:
was that out of a headphone jack? or the speaker taps?

I would like to know this as well.
popcorn.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,775 of 5,854
Quote:
Hifiman is making amazing work with most of their headphones now! It would be so great if they would eventually make something even better than Orpheus! ...and price it less than LCD-3...so many people around the world could enjoy the best sound ever! Best of luck Hifiman:)

These headphones already exist, they're called PS1000
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back