Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Mar 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #4,847 of 5,854
Hey Dave! Wonderful read btw! Quick question given that you rated the TH900s a C+ and that they've gone down in price to $1500, what would you rate them now?

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #4,848 of 5,854
Hey Dave! Wonderful read btw! Quick question given that you rated the TH900s a C+ and that they've gone down in price to $1500, what would you rate them now?

I'm not Dave of course but I've listened extensively to a lot of high end cans lately mostly closed back on my quest for nirvana....and I can say hand on heart...the th900's are it....better than Audeze XC overall and the equal of LCD 3...in their own very different way. At 1199 in the UK....they have to be nearing the big A! :wink:

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #4,849 of 5,854
I have to say that everything I've read in his reviews is exactly how I have heard these headphones. And even if his grade went up, it doesn't mean his order would change. The th900 is ranked I believe at 28. There's probably a reason for that.

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #4,850 of 5,854
As this guide ages, prices are going to change on almost all models listed and, in turn, value ratings may change. It's unfortunate that this guide will not get updated again, so of course people are going to speculate how it would have been updated. It's important to remember that, in terms of this guide, David's voice is the only bible here as they are his impressions.

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #4,851 of 5,854
I'm not Dave of course but I've listened extensively to a lot of high end cans lately mostly closed back on my quest for nirvana....and I can say hand on heart...the th900's are it....better than Audeze XC overall and the equal of LCD 3...in their own very different way. At 1199 in the UK....they have to be nearing the big A! :wink:

Yea I was pretty set on them given all the reviews I read but I was still curious what his thoughts were.  Thank your for your input though!

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,853 of 5,854
Hey guys

I'm still here!!! There's just so much going on in my life right now that I'm unable to tend to the thread like I used to. However, I probably will be updating the thread a few more times before its "complete".  I have been meaning to add quite a reviews for several months now and I simply have had the time to finish / code them. 

That said,  there is a likelihood that I will be selling quite a bit of my gear in the upcoming year and if you're really serious about purchasing any of it feel free to send me an offer on something.  Also, if the response is HUGE, I may not respond to everyone on this, so I apologize in advance if I ignore your offer.  If you make the right offer, I honestly may be willing to sell anything.  I haven't had the time spend with the headphones like I used to.  Such is life :frowning2:

I'll be back soon :)

And to answer the initial question posed at the top of this page, yes the TH900 is definitely a better value at 1500!

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,854 of 5,854
  Hey guys

I'm still here!!! There's just so much going on in my life right now that I'm unable to tend to the thread like I used to. However, I probably will be updating the thread a few more times before its "complete".  I have been meaning to add quite a reviews for several months now and I simply have had the time to finish / code them. 

That said,  there is a likelihood that I will be selling quite a bit of my gear in the upcoming year and if you're really serious about purchasing any of it feel free to send me an offer on something.  Also, if the response is HUGE, I may not respond to everyone on this, so I apologize in advance if I ignore your offer.  If you make the right offer, I honestly may be willing to sell anything.  I haven't had the time spend with the headphones like I used to.  Such is life :frowning2:

And to answer the initial question posed at the top of this page, yes the TH900 is definitely a better value at 1500!

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to any revisions you may have.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #4,855 of 5,854
ALSO, I should revise one thing:

I have already received a lot of emails regarding gear purchasing. If you would like to make an offer, please put in the subject "OFFER" :)

I haven't responded to anyone just yet on this.  But I will! :)  It's a little easier for me, if you make the offer rather than asking what I would sell it for, although I depending on the headphone, I may be able to come up with a price.  Some of these headphones are tough to price.  I haven't gotten any offers on the amps yet either, but I would be willing to sell them as well depending on the offer.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #4,856 of 5,854
  ALSO, I should revise one thing:

I have already received a lot of emails regarding gear purchasing. If you would like to make an offer, please put in the subject "OFFER" :)

I haven't responded to anyone just yet on this.  But I will! :)  It's a little easier for me, if you make the offer rather than asking what I would sell it for, although I depending on the headphone, I may be able to come up with a price.  Some of these headphones are tough to price.  I haven't gotten any offers on the amps yet either, but I would be willing to sell them as well depending on the offer.

I am of the sentiment that your PM inbox will fill to the brim very quickly!

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #4,857 of 5,854
Hey guys

Thanks for the response bud! :beerchug:

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #4,858 of 5,854
  If you make the right offer, I honestly may be willing to sell anything. 

That certainly pins it down.

(Just joshing.
wink.gif
 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back