Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Nov 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,037 of 5,854
MHOE, Isone pro colors the signal too much making the headphones lose their neutrality altogether. I have a feeling that Isone pro will work better with flat frequency response cans without a DF curve added but still it seems a little phasey. I've tried calibrating it for months without success. Its only a novelty IMO and not for long term use.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #1,038 of 5,854
Quote:
Man....  Did you even take a nap??

I wonder what is worse - trying to be objective and on the topic all the time, or messing all threads by irrelevant and uninformative posts like you do in the last two days. If you don't agree with me, you can still both ignore my opinion or support your objections with at least some evidence. Maybe I should start to post emoticons and pictures all the time as well...? 
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #1,039 of 5,854
Quote:
MHOE, Isone pro colors the signal too much making the headphones lose their neutrality altogether. I have a feeling that Isone pro will work better with flat frequency response cans without a DF curve added but still it seems a little phasey. I've tried calibrating it for months without success. Its only a novelty IMO and not for long term use.

This is your experience... Isone is definitely not going to work better with completely flat FR graph phones. TB Isone works near-to-perfect if you know how to use the plugin correctly. THAT is my experience.

It offers both excellent crossfeed only correction, or natural spatial effect.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #1,040 of 5,854
Quote:

I wonder what is worse - trying to be objective and on the topic all the time, or messing all threads by irrelevant and uninformative posts like you do in the last two days. If you don't agree with me, you can still both ignore my opinion or support your objections with at least some evidence. Maybe I should start to post emoticons and pictures all the time as well...? 
wink.gif

Like that.....
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #1,042 of 5,854
Don't know. But it's 0422 hours on the West coast (California) and I'm only now getting around to my listening session in 30 minutes. It will be a hot & fast 90 minute session!

Earlier, I decided to forgo the session and clean the entire house - now free for a Saturday filled with College Football and no chores remaining. 
size]

Funny..when i logged out i also went down to listen to some music..and i fell alseep..only to awake at 10:00 am..hahaha :wink:

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,043 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:
Don't know. But it's 0422 hours on the West coast (California) and I'm only now getting around to my listening session in 30 minutes. It will be a hot & fast 90 minute session!

Earlier, I decided to forgo the session and clean the entire house - now free for a Saturday filled with College Football and no chores remaining. 
size]

Funny..when i logged out i also went down to listen to some music..and i fell alseep..only to awake at 10:00 am..hahaha
wink.gif

My session is w-a-y late, began @ 0500 hrs! 
size]
 I have to get up 'round 12 noon, so just 40 more minutes and I'm OUT. And you know what they say...Time flies when you're having fun.

All on my Zeus re-cabled D7000 XLR-Balanced (4x22), I might add...

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,044 of 5,854
This is your experience... Isone is definitely not going to work better with completely flat FR graph phones. TB Isone works near-to-perfect if you know how to use the plugin correctly. THAT is my experience.

It offers both excellent crossfeed only correction, or natural spatial effect.

Yes my experience of course. If You were to use DF field cans and add the FR that Isone uses try and measure the response since you seem to be a measurement guy. If there were a perfectly flat FR headphone though I can totally imagine that it would transform it to an almost flawless DF response with the right delays making the sound seem speaker like without too much hollowness like it does with DF eqd cans.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #1,045 of 5,854
Quote:
Yes my experience of course. If You were to use DF field cans and add the FR that Isone uses try and measure the response since you seem to be a measurement guy. If there were a perfectly flat FR headphone though I can totally imagine that it would transform it to an almost flawless DF response with the right delays making the sound seem speaker like without too much hollowness like it does with DF eqd cans.

Yes, I agree here that I should support my opinion about TB Isone by measurements as well (and understand your point)... Unfortunately, I am not able to do them - my knowledge and gear are limited to my needs as I am mainly a non-critical listener right now. I have done some recording but I still do not have enough money to get more into it.

Honestly, I don't think there is any better way how to recreate the speaker like sound with headphones to this extent if we are talking about 2 channel audio. Maybe some speaker-phones e.g. K1000 - however, I doubt about correct bass interpretation here. And EQing bass on them is most probably going to be at best problematic...

TB Isone is not perfect but it offers a perfectly treated environment of different kinds (studio, outside, anechoic room) + corrections to your ears and head in order to achieve impressive results especially if you are willing to purchase a near-to-neutral pair of headphones and correct their non-ideal areas in FR graph... This is only to my ears, of course.

Still, if you are suspicious about the spatial intepretation of TB Isone (I was as well in the past), I suggest to use the plugin as the best crossfeed I have ever heard...

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,046 of 5,854
Quote:

I like that every single sentence in your text is based on your hearing only... FR graph of LCD-2 is for sure more neutral across the bass and mids than of both LCD3 and HD800. It's perfectly neutral, not almost. You only need to correct treble a bit in order to achieve ideal FR graph.

Perfectly neutral phones do not exist... And if I feel that I have finally heard one, I would definitely not shout it loud out without having objective arguments in order to support it.

I clearly stated on a few occasions "on my own hearing", so I don't want people to take it as condescension. It's just what I personally hear and don't want to discourage people. I do recommend anyone who has a chance to hear the headphones though.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #1,047 of 5,854
Quote:
I clearly stated on a few occasions "on my own hearing", so I don't want people to take it as condescension. It's just what I personally hear and don't want to discourage people. I do recommend anyone who has a chance to hear the headphones though.

Ok, understand and agree.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,049 of 5,854
Ok guys back to normal programming. Question... Stax 507... Which amps work well with them and which amps do not?

Dont have a clue :D maybe u can try one of the trax dedicated treads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back