15 Closed Headphones, 2 Canalphones and a Discussion on Frequency Graphs & Reviews
Sep 28, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #121 of 174
This is such an excellent review. I've referred back to it whenever I have been considering some closed phones.

1 more vote for STICKY!

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #122 of 174
saint.panda,
Wonderful job. Very useful is an understatement to neophytes such as me. Thank you.
Vito

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #123 of 174
This is by far the best hifi review I've read, much due to the amount of tested items and their detailed descriptions. Very well structured, educational and highly useful reading.

A huge effort, Saint.Panda! Thanks!

P.S. I just realised it took me two years and this review to contribute with my first post here :)

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #124 of 174
Finally added the AKG K81, K181 and Audio Technica ATH FC7 to the general review and the K81 to the in-detail review.

Also added a small section on why the perception of canalphones might differ from user to user, and changed a few things in the conclusion.

I just wanted to finally get this review off my mind by adding a few things I've been wanting to add for a while. As far as I'm concerned this is going to be the last update of this sort as other interests have taken over audio. It's been fun as I really enjoyed working on this review.

Happy Holidays.

Edit, thanks Wayne for editing the title.

Jan 4, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #125 of 174
Why isn't this sticky anyway ?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Your paper (book, brochure?) is deffinitely "the ultimate" review.. Did you published it somewhere?

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #126 of 174
Not to bump a thread from the dead, but the PDF at the beginning of the thread has helped me a ton and would answer many, many newbie questions about closed headphones.

This is not just a review, but a dissertation-rigor discussion of all things headphone, including technical concepts like impedance and damping factor and how to read frequency graphs.

edit: whoops didn't realize this was bumped just a few days ago, but it can't hurt to keep it near the top though.

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #127 of 174
Wow, Impressive.
Hope you had some fun while doing this ^_^.

Feb 4, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #128 of 174
Are the Etys and shures considered IEMs or cana phones?

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #130 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the Etys and shures considered IEMs or cana phones?

So far as I know, one term is slang for the other...

Way back when I had the ETY ER4Ps, I referred to them as Canal Phones, but then by the time I bought the E4C last January everyone was referring to such things as IEMs...

Feb 4, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #133 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far as I know, one term is slang for the other...

Way back when I had the ETY ER4Ps, I referred to them as Canal Phones, but then by the time I bought the E4C last January everyone was referring to such things as IEMs...

don't canal phones sit in your ear, while IEM's go deeper? this is based on that ear canal comes before inner ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back