The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #11,807 of 12,992
Anyone have any notes on Dekoni blue vs t60rp vs th x00?

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #11,808 of 12,992
As a guy that has read through MOST of these 787 pages, I wish a moderator of this site would give permission to someone to update the the first post with a current / refined list of what is the best and what is actually available.

Thinking out loud here, but maybe we should start compiling a running updated list and once enough of us feel we have an updated top 10 (or how ever many we see fit) we could contact a moderator to see if we could change the first post.

Thoughts?
Could you name the current TOP-10 models =)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #11,809 of 12,992
Hello! I'm new to the community and I love bass, yet everyone says they like "Neutral" sound signatures yet I see people talking about how they love bright sounding headphones. Bass heavy headphones are NEVER talked about...it's borderline annoying why cant you like low end and hifi? So I found this thread and decided to make this place my home

Headphones I have: HE:4xx, M1060c (Open), A1M2.
Headphones I want: LCD-2c, Z1R
Headphones I want but will probably never get: HA-SZ2000, XB1000

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #11,811 of 12,992
Back when I had the WS770iS I put some Brainwavz pads on them, way more comfortable than stock, didn't collapse, and they didn't hurt the bass at all. I know the oval pads fit the WS1100iS as well. HERE is the pleather version and HERE is the sheepskin version. You can see the pleather pads in my bass test vid for the WS770iS below.

thank you i just ordered them.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #11,812 of 12,992
Does anything hit harder and/or has more bass than the campfire cascade? I like the bass from the cascade but I guess might be a bit too controlled for me and I'm wanting something that really slams and farts in my ears. I guess I'm still looking for a bass cannon that makes you feel like your getting obliterated.

I like how resolving the cascades are and the sound signature is also something i like but I want more bass but im not sure if i'm asking for the impossible. I could always play with EQ but I still haven't.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #11,814 of 12,992
Does anything hit harder and/or has more bass than the campfire cascade? I like the bass from the cascade but I guess might be a bit too controlled for me and I'm wanting something that really slams and farts in my ears. I guess I'm still looking for a bass cannon that makes you feel like your getting obliterated.

I like how resolving the cascades are and the sound signature is also something i like but I want more bass but im not sure if i'm asking for the impossible. I could always play with EQ but I still haven't.

Well, if you want to part with them, I'll take the cascades.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #11,815 of 12,992
Well, if you want to part with them, I'll take the cascades.
Hehe I still like them too much to walk away from them. Only if I could find the "right" bass cannons for my ears would I send them on their way. Currently, these are the ones but still curious to what's out there.

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #11,816 of 12,992
I had the SZ2000 briefly a few years ago, and I would have instead kept it if it weren't for the "acoustic crossover". There's just no substitute for a proper electronic crossover.

Also, for some odd reason, the acoustic treatment material in the tweeters' chambers was backwards, so the stuff wouldn't do its job right. It has a hard side, that needs to face away from the tweeters, not towards.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #11,817 of 12,992

You already have the Sony MDR-XB500; that certainly has more bass than the Cascade.

However, if you were asking if there's a headphone that has greater lows than the Cascade, but has almost comparable levels of quality, I'd say, no, there's no such headphone on the market today.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #11,818 of 12,992
You already have the Sony MDR-XB500; that certainly has more bass than the Cascade.

However, if you were asking if there's a headphone that has greater lows than the Cascade, but has almost comparable levels of quality, I'd say, no, there's no such headphone on the market today.

Oh right. I forgot about that pair. Its been so long that i've had them in storage for years to keep them away from my cat. He's tried eating these cables so i'll probably recable them and enjoy them again. Taking them out and yeah I dont think I need anything else. Thank you for the help! I can't believe I forgot about these in that shoe box.

Yeah, I've been missing these and didn't even know it. Ears are satisfied.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #11,819 of 12,992
Oh right. I forgot about that pair. Its been so long that i've had them in storage for years to keep them away from my cat. He's tried eating these cables so i'll probably recable them and enjoy them again. Taking them out and yeah I dont think I need anything else. Thank you for the help! I can't believe I forgot about these in that shoe box.

Yeah, I've been missing these and didn't even know it. Ears are satisfied.
So sell me thr cascades for $500 then. We all win.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #11,820 of 12,992
So sell me thr cascades for $500 then. We all win.
Hehe Still keeping them. They fill out my basshead needs, will keep me from picking up the wallet again. Maybe.... I've seen some good deals on eBay for a set. There are a couple with extra pads

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back