The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 6, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #11,507 of 12,993
HI,

I need recommendation for a good Bluetooth headphone under $300.

My go to headphone is V-moda crossfade 2, but the battery doesn't charge so I just use it via aux.

I want a similar sound signature as vmoda, but a bit more emphasis on lower bass than mid bass. A lot of great reviews for sony 1000xm3 and xm4, are they any better than vmoda ?

Thank You

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #11,508 of 12,993
What a lot of people don't realize, is that bass requires more power to drive then higher frequencies, especially when were talking about the lower sub-bass range! I've never owned a pair of wireless V-Moda Crossfades, but I do own the V-Moda Crossfade LP2's, awesome cans for the money.

I do own Cowin E7 Pro's, which are the best bluetooth pair that I own. I too find that they over emphasize on the mid-range, but do produce a little bit of low range too. Thing is, they are like 45mm drivers, so you can't expect them to delivery the same sub-base range that my 50mm driver V-Moda LP2's can that are wired.

If somebody knows a good bluetooth can that can hit just as hard and go just as low as my V-Moda LP2, let everybody know about it lol. But so far, I've never heard a wireless can that can do it.

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #11,509 of 12,993
Could someone please recommend a headphone to replace a Denon AH-D600? I tried Denon AH-D1200 however it does not sound like the Denon AH-D1100 did. Now I’m trying Sennheiser Momentum 3 however in wired mode with the power off the bass is much less.

Just would want something like the 600’s. After 6 years one of the drivers fell apart. I just used them with my laptop.

Thanks

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #11,511 of 12,993
Could someone please recommend a headphone to replace a Denon AH-D600? I tried Denon AH-D1200 however it does not sound like the Denon AH-D1100 did. Now I’m trying Sennheiser Momentum 3 however in wired mode with the power off the bass is much less.

Just would want something like the 600’s. After 6 years one of the drivers fell apart. I just used them with my laptop.

Thanks
Man...sorry to hear that! An underated set of cans imo. Made me pull mine out for a listen :)

FWIW, they have several of them available on Ebay ranging from $140ish (used in nice shape) to $350+ for new

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #11,512 of 12,993

Thanks
I think if you want bass you're going to need an amp to power it, your laptop is not really ideal especially with the 600 but I think it's negatively affecting all your cans. Just one of those decent USBC dongle DACs would be a huge improvement.

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #11,514 of 12,993
I use the S.M.S.L SP200 AMP, and the M200 DAC combination, and I get audio bliss perfection from those. I am also using the digital connection for my audio source from the computer and I don't have issues.

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

Ohhhh......And......Yes I modded the amp with a gold knob :L3000:

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #11,515 of 12,993
I haven't done "bass headphones talk" for a while. Here goes.

So much of the discussion of "basshead" headphones focuses on bass quantity. When we get to "extreme basshead," cans like the JVC-HA-sz2000 and the VModa Crossfade M100 are mentioned. Maybe the Campfire Cascade, Sony MDR-XB900, or the Skullcandy Crusher. I own the JVC's, and a bit ago Iistened to some electronic music with them. The bass is huuuuuge, but the overall sound is crap, sorry. I would sacrifice a bit of the "ear-splitting rumble" for a bit more overall sound quality. Full, but quality bass!

So my question is, what headphones give a LOT of bass, but also provide a high-quality musical experience? For me, we are talking electronic music, mostly, minimal techno, some EDM, stuff with fat basslines but also some higher end sparkle.

Fostex TH-900? Sony MDR-Z1R? ZMF Eikon? I am talking about at almost any price. I am not going to run out and buy a new set of cans today or tomorrow, but one of these days. QUALITY bass and a quality overall sound signature! ??

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #11,516 of 12,993
So my question is, what headphones give a LOT of bass, but also provide a high-quality musical experience? For me, we are talking electronic music, mostly, minimal techno, some EDM, stuff with fat basslines but also some higher end sparkle.

LSA HP-2 Ultra. I have it, ask me anything.

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #11,517 of 12,993
LSA HP-2 Ultra. I have it, ask me anything.

OK, I watched the review. I got that the quality and extension of bass in this headphone is excellent. But he said that the headphone is "balanced" and that if a person wants additional bass this is not the headphone for you. I guess what I am looking for IS some additional emphasis on sub bass and bass, as with the Fostex Th-900. What I am wondering is whether it is possible to have this and still have an overall high-quality sound. People say that the Sony MDR-Z1R is bassy, but then go on to say that the overall tuning is lacking in some other ways. And the Fostex has wonderful bass but the treble is too harsh and fatiguing. Etc.

Actually, my old Sennheiser HD 600s have pretty good quality bass, and with proper amplification and a bass boost or EQ the bass has some punch. But for some kinds of music I want more bass than this can is able to deliver. How would the LSA-HP-2 Ultra compare to the Sennheiser HD600?

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #11,518 of 12,993

So much of the discussion of "basshead" headphones focuses on bass quantity. When we get to "extreme basshead," cans like the JVC-HA-sz2000 and the VModa Crossfade M100 are mentioned. Maybe the Campfire Cascade, Sony MDR-XB900, or the Skullcandy Crusher. I own the JVC's, and a bit ago Iistened to some electronic music with them. The bass is huuuuuge, but the overall sound is crap, sorry. I would sacrifice a bit of the "ear-splitting rumble" for a bit more overall sound quality. Full, but quality bass!

Fostex TH-900? Sony MDR-Z1R? ZMF Eikon? I am talking about at almost any price. I am not going to run out and buy a new set of cans today or tomorrow, but one of these days. QUALITY bass and a quality overall sound signature! ??

I currently enjoy listening to EDM with the ZMF Verite Closed. I don't have many cans available for comparisons, but if I want to get to the Ultrasone's Pro 900 sub-bass level, I'll have to EQ a bit and it responds very very nice! They do deliver nice quality bass, but most of the time I'm satisfied without running any EQ at all, and if I do miss the bass, I'll just toggle the switch back on. At first, I wasn't used to the sound signature, but after having them running them for hours, they sounded even better. The pads also have some slight effect to the sound signature.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #11,519 of 12,993

All of the following headphones have very good bass presentations, so I will sort them based on their differences -

If you want great sub-bass rumble with a healthy mid-bass hump, and you're a fan of a "v-shaped" sound, go for the Fostex TH900 Mk2.

If you want a low-end presence that is slightly elevated in both sub and mid-bass, but has excellent texture, layering and control, try the Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation), the Denon AH-D9200, the Sony MDR-Z1R, and/or the ZMF Vérité Closed.

If you want very strong mid-bass, typical of a bass cannon, try the Campfire Audio Cascade or the Klipsch Heritage HP-3.

Sep 28, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #11,520 of 12,993
I would like to place my vote for the TH-900s. I avoided these cans for years because I am treble sensitive after 2 ear surgeries, but, being a true bass head, I had to satisfy my curiosity and give them a shot. Holy Schiit!! They are amazing! I have owned them now for 6 months and you would have to pry them from my hands after I die. I use a Loki with my gear to dial the sound in and I don't have to touch the treble dial at all on these. The bass is glorious but so is the rest of the spectrum. I have owned the SZ2000s twice now and totally agree with your assessment. I have also owned the Eikons and Campfire Cascades. I sold them both. I have the TH900 MKI with Lawton cups. But the stock cups are still excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back