The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 17, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #11,401 of 12,991
Thats because the DAC that I am using, was the original DAC that I bought, to convert the digital signal to analog, for my speaker system setup. I then began using it later for my first good headphones setup, the JVC SZ 1000-E's. And before, I was using cheap 100 dollar or less portable amps from Fiio, which were good amps and all, but not really up to snuff for amping 50mm drivers or better.

In essence, the priority was to get a higher quality and more powerful amp. And since I am getting my audio from a digital signal from my computer, the sound quality is actually better then my computer's 3.5mm analog headphone jack. Which means, I am getting higher quality sound then those who would use the 3.5mm jack. So there was no priority to upgrade the DAC yet.

Having said that however, my next priority will be upgrading the DAC, that is plans in the works. I plan to purchase the S.M.S.L M200 DAC, as it will be a welcome complement, to my S.M.S.L SP200 amp. :)
good luck fam

Jul 20, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #11,403 of 12,991
Just got my TR-X00 Purple Hearts and I've gotta say...

I've never worn a pair of headphones that literally make my face jiggle from the amount of bass. But I gotta say it's pretty muddy.
Amount of bass out of 10 I would say is an 8.5 (10 being subwoofer bass)
But the quality of the actual bass is very lacking. I would give it like a 3.5 out of 10. I really don't feel like they tuned the drivers well or something because it's very muddy.

Also, the headphones can be pretty harsh...
photos:
https://imgur.com/gallery/6VpCSPz

(If you guys actually wanna do a review of these I can but just saying I used to experience real bass from subs since I was a kid, so although I've been harsh on these they could be amazing to another person.)

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #11,404 of 12,991

I've never worn a pair of headphones that literally make my face jiggle from the amount of bass. But I gotta say it's pretty muddy.
But the quality of the actual bass is very lacking. I would give it like a 3.5 out of 10. I really don't feel like they tuned the drivers well or something because it's very muddy.

photos:

(If you guys actually wanna do a review of these I can but just saying I used to experience real bass from subs since I was a kid, so although I've been harsh on these they could be amazing to another person.)
What are you plugging them into? I have the Ebony's any they were pretty bloated until I got my JDS Atom, the bass is super clean now.

Side note, I've had my DT 770's for over a month now and I want something different, the bass is well.....non-existent compared to my X00's. I guess my next pair will be the Teak's since I can't afford to go for the TH900's.

Jul 20, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #11,405 of 12,991
What are you plugging them into? I have the Ebony's any they were pretty bloated until I got my JDS Atom, the bass is super clean now.

Side note, I've had my DT 770's for over a month now and I want something different, the bass is well.....non-existent compared to my X00's. I guess my next pair will be the Teak's since I can't afford to go for the TH900's.
the E-MU teaks? I got them before these they were a bit broken near the cable but I can listen to them if I hold them (Of course I returned them) but they were nothing compared to the X00s. These sounds way better. Also, I have them plugged into a Fiio Q5. A THX 789 and a Xduoo TA-20 are arriving in two days I'll see how they sound on those but yeah I've said that my experience with audio has been mainly through speakers and honestly this is the best bass I've heard on headphones. But not ever.

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #11,406 of 12,991
the E-MU teaks? I got them before these they were a bit broken near the cable but I can listen to them if I hold them (Of course I returned them) but they were nothing compared to the X00s. These sounds way better. Also, I have them plugged into a Fiio Q5. A THX 789 and a Xduoo TA-20 are arriving in two days I'll see how they sound on those but yeah I've said that my experience with audio has been mainly through speakers and honestly this is the best bass I've heard on headphones. But not ever.
I think the Purpleheart variant of the TR-X00 has the biggest mid-bass boost. It is quite evident in this comparative chart -

1595314257908.png

Purple: TR-X00 Purpleheart
Black: TR-X00 Ebony
Brown: TR-X00 Mahogany
Green: E-MU Teak

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #11,407 of 12,991

photos:

Holy crap, those ear holes are way too tight, no way you going to hear anything good through those, heck your ears be resting against the pads the entire time lol. And hear I thought the holes on the Cowin E7 Pro's and the V-Moda LP2's were tight.

Also, I think its blasphemy, for a headphone to be super high in the mid-base, and yet is considered an audiophile can. My Cowin E7 Pro's are mid-range heavy, but then again they are not considered an audiophile can, just a high end bluetooth headset.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #11,408 of 12,991
Holy crap, those ear holes are way too tight, no way you going to hear anything good through those, heck your ears be resting against the pads the entire time lol. And hear I thought the holes on the Cowin E7 Pro's and the V-Moda LP2's were tight.

Also, I think its blasphemy, for a headphone to be super high in the mid-base, and yet is considered an audiophile can. My Cowin E7 Pro's are mid-range heavy, but then again they are not considered an audiophile can, just a high end bluetooth headset.
Yeah i know, but thankfully I have extremely small ears so they actually fit me :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #11,410 of 12,991
I couldn't use the stock Fostex TH-X00 pads at all. I'm no Dumbo, but I do need a bit more room than those stocks.

@AccruedSolitude Sorry your PH's are sounding muddy. I'd been interested in the PH until I read about it's hefty mid bass hike. Try out some more pads and see if that doesn't help with the mud.

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #11,412 of 12,991
Don't forget guys, you can always correct frequencies with EQ. I am a strong believer in EQ, I EQ the shitucky from kentucky with these can's, just look how high I got that sub base. :L3000:
IMG_1479.JPG

OOPS, did you just lose your fittings? You haven't lost your brain cells yet, MORE BASE! HAHAHAHA :darthsmile:

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #11,413 of 12,991
Don't forget guys, you can always correct frequencies with EQ. I am a strong believer in EQ, I EQ the shitucky from kentucky with these can's, just look how high I got that sub base. :L3000:

OOPS, did you just lose your fittings? You haven't lost your brain cells yet, MORE BASE! HAHAHAHA :darthsmile:

I want to experiment with EQ but know nothing about how to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back