The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 12, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #11,386 of 12,991
It was only the Teak for a long time, wasn't it? I wouldn't mind if they renamed the headphones to E-mu Pro or something.
Yeah, that's what I assumed, anyway. I only realized that they were offering alternative wood choices once the Bamboo came about. E-MU should really sort their names out. I don't want to be the owner of an E-MU Teak Bamboo edition. :laughing:

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #11,387 of 12,991
The Walnut has the same issue, as I have the Purpleheart version of it.

Also, my Wicked Cushions showed up and that certainly improved comfort a bit for the M100. The stock cushions almost felt like I wasn't getting a proper seal but that feeling is gone. The bass is lovely!

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #11,388 of 12,991
The Walnut has the same issue, as I have the Purpleheart version of it.

Also, my Wicked Cushions showed up and that certainly improved comfort a bit for the M100. The stock cushions almost felt like I wasn't getting a proper seal but that feeling is gone. The bass is lovely!
Yeah. E-MU really needs to sort out the naming convention on their headphones. I mean, they only have 2 products; it's not that difficult.

Those Wicked Cushion pads look like the V-MODA XL pads. They look mighty comfy, indeed!

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #11,390 of 12,991
There is such a big quality difference between fostex th 900 and V-Moda Crossfade M-100? Thanks!
Well, yes, I'd definitely say so. Even if you take away the obvious differences in tonality, the TH900 renders detail far better than the M-100. The V-MODA has a slightly stronger mid-bass punch, but it doesn't have the fine layering, control, and sub-bass extension of the Fostex flagship. The TH900 is also a far brighter headphone, with a strident treble section that others may find harsh or even sibilant (not to me, though); in comparison, the M-100 is darker, with a muted treble response.

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #11,391 of 12,991
Glad you are all enjoying your Wicked Cushions pads on your V-Moda's. They are literally the #1 most important upgrade mod you can do for your can's. They not only improve the comfort, but I also found that they open up the sound stage as well as increase low end bass slam, and also increase the highs as well. Here are a few pictures of my cans with Wicked Cushions pads on them. IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG

Yes, Wicked Cushions pads do look very similar to the original V-Moda stock pads. But when you compare the pads next to each other, you can clearly see that the Wicked Cushions pads are thicker.

Here are comparison photo's...
.........(V-Moda Stock Pads)...................(Wicked Cushions Pads)
IMG_1476.JPGIMG_1556.JPG

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #11,392 of 12,991
Well, yes, I'd definitely say so. Even if you take away the obvious differences in tonality, the TH900 renders detail far better than the M-100. The V-MODA has a slightly stronger mid-bass punch, but it doesn't have the fine layering, control, and sub-bass extension of the Fostex flagship. The TH900 is also a far brighter headphone, with a strident treble section that others may find harsh or even sibilant (not to me, though); in comparison, the M-100 is darker, with a muted treble response.
Yeah, maybe like day and night right.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #11,394 of 12,991
May someone compare Sony 1ma2, Ultrasone 580i and 1More triple drive over ear?

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #11,396 of 12,991
Jul 17, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #11,400 of 12,991
fam quick question so I'm seeing you have quite a range of amps but just a 20 dollar DAC, why is that? I want to get a DAC for my XDuoo TA-20 but now I'm just confused...

Thats because the DAC that I am using, was the original DAC that I bought, to convert the digital signal to analog, for my speaker system setup. I then began using it later for my first good headphones setup, the JVC SZ 1000-E's. And before, I was using cheap 100 dollar or less portable amps from Fiio, which were good amps and all, but not really up to snuff for amping 50mm drivers or better.

In essence, the priority was to get a higher quality and more powerful amp. And since I am getting my audio from a digital signal from my computer, the sound quality is actually better then my computer's 3.5mm analog headphone jack. Which means, I am getting higher quality sound then those who would use the 3.5mm jack. So there was no priority to upgrade the DAC yet.

Having said that however, my next priority will be upgrading the DAC, that is plans in the works. I plan to purchase the S.M.S.L M200 DAC, as it will be a welcome complement, to my S.M.S.L SP200 amp. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back