The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 2, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #10,802 of 12,992
Ah, I see now. Question, what cable will I need to connect it to my PC?

Depends on whether or not your PC's audio card has RCA out (Red and White). If so, you would use a cable like THIS. If you only have 3.5mm out, then you would use a cable like THIS.

May 3, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #10,805 of 12,992
Purchased the Polaris. Acrylic with purple LED and silver knob. Looks great. Thanks for the help bud!

Any tips on how to setup the Polaris to work with the SZ-2000 and Philips X2HR's?

I sold my Polaris last year so I'm not 100% sure about my settings for the jumpers. I know I had the gain set on high. HERE is the manual for the Polaris and at some point in there they explain what each jumper does, should help you once yours arrives.

May 6, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #10,806 of 12,992
Hey y'all not sure if you rember the kraken 40mm @Hawaiibadboy

They now make these bad boys in 50mm and I recently picked up a set. Unfortunately I don't have an amp any more 20190505_183818.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #10,808 of 12,992
Anything come close or beat out the JVC HA-SZ2000 yet? Is this thread still being updated?
No and yes.

Kannons dethroned it for a while, but after further testing, the King was recrowned.

May 11, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #10,810 of 12,992
Seriously? JVC is still on top after so many years?

It's not that surprising. It's a unique design.

There have been many cans that come close and there are other cans that use various techniques (multiple drivers and tactile drivers), but it's not like manufactures are targeting extreme bassheads.

People like V-Moda with their M-100 and Skullcandy with their Crushers definitely target bass lovers and they are impressive - but the 2000s are on another level.

I tried the Z1Rs and they're the most impressive to me because they don't distort but also keep the rest of the frequency response crisp AF - but on raw output, they can even beat the M100s, let alone the 2000s.

Campfire cascades bump hard AF in the midbass and do dig deep in the sub bass, but again, on raw output, the SZs are pretty hard to beat.

May 11, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #10,811 of 12,992
It's not that surprising. It's a unique design.

There have been many cans that come close and there are other cans that use various techniques (multiple drivers and tactile drivers), but it's not like manufactures are targeting extreme bassheads.

People like V-Moda with their M-100 and Skullcandy with their Crushers definitely target bass lovers and they are impressive - but the 2000s are on another level.

I tried the Z1Rs and they're the most impressive to me because they don't distort but also keep the rest of the frequency response crisp AF - but on raw output, they can even beat the M100s, let alone the 2000s.

Campfire cascades bump hard AF in the midbass and do dig deep in the sub bass, but again, on raw output, the SZs are pretty hard to beat.
I will have to try out the cascades.

On another note, I regret not buying an extra pair of 2000’s....

May 11, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #10,813 of 12,992
I tried with cascade with hiby r6 pro, but the results were disappointing , it wasn't powerful enough to drive it.

Do you guys have any alternative suggestions?

DAPs aren't powerful. Even with their little OPAMP upgrades they sometimes come with.
For portable use, I would recommend the Fiio A5, Creative E5, the iFi iDSD Nano, iFi iCan SE or the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label.
Other ones I haven't really used include the Cayin C5 if you can find it and the Digizoid ZO fs or fs+ which I REALLLLLY wanna get one day.
Seems like a basshead's wet dream lol.

For desktop use, there's all the usual suspects, Monoprice Liquid Spark, JDS Labs Atom, Schiit Magni (commonly stacked with the Modi and rarely with the Loki for tone controls).
There are others like the Emotiva Basx A-100, audio gd NFB-11.28, Aune X7S, Drop (formerly Massdrop) THX AAA 789, Burson virtuosso conductor v2+ and it's AMP only variant.

Too many to list really. Need price bracket and functionality.

May 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #10,814 of 12,992
Chord Mojo adds a nice bump to mid bass and overall warmth.

Planning on getting Cascades someday.

Also my Atticus wants a shot at the crown. Combination of bass quantity + quality is best I’ve ever heard. And the wooden cups add a smoky flavor that’s addictive AF.

May 11, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #10,815 of 12,992
DAPs aren't powerful. Even with their little OPAMP upgrades they sometimes come with.
For portable use, I would recommend the Fiio A5, Creative E5, the iFi iDSD Nano, iFi iCan SE or the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label.
Other ones I haven't really used include the Cayin C5 if you can find it and the Digizoid ZO fs or fs+ which I REALLLLLY wanna get one day.
Seems like a basshead's wet dream lol.

For desktop use, there's all the usual suspects, Monoprice Liquid Spark, JDS Labs Atom, Schiit Magni (commonly stacked with the Modi and rarely with the Loki for tone controls).
There are others like the Emotiva Basx A-100, audio gd NFB-11.28, Aune X7S, Drop (formerly Massdrop) THX AAA 789, Burson virtuosso conductor v2+ and it's AMP only variant.

Too many to list really. Need price bracket and functionality.
I've tried NFB11/12/15, they leave me with my head scratching. What was Kingwa thinking? Their DACs are okay, but the headamps are terrible. The bigger, bulkier gear is generally awesome stuff and what established audio-gd's rep, but these smaller units are surprisingly disappointing, to me. I wouldn't recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back