The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #9,498 of 12,992
My jvc sz2000 have arrived from Japan. Wow the bass! I changed the pads straight away.

May 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #9,499 of 12,992
My jvc sz2000 have arrived from Japan. Wow the bass! I changed the pads straight away.

Try the Monoprice 8324 (not 8323) with HM5 leather or Shure 1540 Alcantara earpads, the 1540 pads are best for it, but it has more slamming bass than AQ Nighthawks and while the sz2000 does have more head rattling bass, the sz2000 has terrible vocals imo, the 8324 model has amazing vocals and imaging, while still getting your head to vibrate :D

May 11, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #9,500 of 12,992
Try the Monoprice 8324 (not 8323) with HM5 leather or Shure 1540 Alcantara earpads, the 1540 pads are best for it, but it has more slamming bass than AQ Nighthawks and while the sz2000 does have more head rattling bass, the sz2000 has terrible vocals imo, the 8324 model has amazing vocals and imaging, while still getting your head to vibrate :D

Can't see where you got the impression that dude who just bought a set needs to buy another set?

The Denon 1100 hit harder than the set you mentioned and the 1100 don't hit that hard. This is the basshead thread.

May 11, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #9,502 of 12,992
I really enjoyed reading the 1st page of this thread. Very educational to say the least. Ive never owned a decent pair of bass head type headphones the closest thing I had in terms of bass was when I had a system in my car years ago. Nothing crazy very modest compared to some you guys im sure who are into car audio but just a single 18" subwoofer from Ascendant Audio called an Avalanche. I loved how the low notes would hit hard but it was clean bass. I would like to get back into car audio as I was in high school and up until my early twenties but in the meantime while I save my bread for a new system which will cost in the thousands im sure was hoping to find some good basshead headphones to tide me over. I have been using chinese iems primarily the last few years but for the bass im looking for like I had with my subwoofer I need to use full size cans right? Also can anyone recommend a good pair for 100 dollars that doesnt necessarily need an amp. I use an iPod Classic with Rockbox which has a pretty strong output I believe. I listen to rap 90% of the time if that helps with a recommendation.

May 11, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #9,503 of 12,992
I really enjoyed reading the 1st page of this thread. Very educational to say the least. Ive never owned a decent pair of bass head type headphones the closest thing I had in terms of bass was when I had a system in my car years ago. Nothing crazy very modest compared to some you guys im sure who are into car audio but just a single 18" subwoofer from Ascendant Audio called an Avalanche. I loved how the low notes would hit hard but it was clean bass. I would like to get back into car audio as I was in high school and up until my early twenties but in the meantime while I save my bread for a new system which will cost in the thousands im sure was hoping to find some good basshead headphones to tide me over. I have been using chinese iems primarily the last few years but for the bass im looking for like I had with my subwoofer I need to use full size cans right? Also can anyone recommend a good pair for 100 dollars that doesnt necessarily need an amp. I use an iPod Classic with Rockbox which has a pretty strong output I believe. I listen to rap 90% of the time if that helps with a recommendation.

V-Moda M100 and get the XL pads. Best you can do without an amp and the dark sound with potent bass is made for Hip Hop. You can add an amp later if the bass fiend snatches your soul.

Good build for it's price. I have zero connection to the company. Dude never replied to my mail. Best thing to hold you over and it will eat the amp you may buy later

May 11, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #9,504 of 12,992
I would consider maybe getting the m100s if I could get them for under 200. But was really only wanting to spend 100. Feel like once you get around 200 might as well get the jvc sz2000 though. Those are the kings of subbass and have been for quite some time from what I gather reading through this thread.

May 11, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #9,505 of 12,992
I would consider maybe getting the m100s if I could get them for under 200. But was really only wanting to spend 100. Feel like once you get around 200 might as well get the jvc sz2000 though. Those are the kings of subbass and have been for quite some time from what I gather reading through this thread.

If you don't mind buying used, I recently saw a couple of pairs of m100s in the classifieds.

Another suggestion, you can get the sz1000 with an amp for under $200. Used set of sz1000 and a used fiio e12 will run you under $200 nowadays.

Also. don't doubt iems :wink:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/head-fi-basshead-iem-thread-lists-page-1.761433/

Edit: Just saw that you posted in the iem thread too.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #9,506 of 12,992
Hi all, may I pick your uber bass head brains...

Between SZ2000 and TH-X00, and in terms of overall sound quality, is it worth the price difference to go for the X00?

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #9,507 of 12,992
Hi all, may I pick your uber bass head brains...

Between SZ2000 and TH-X00, and in terms of overall sound quality, is it worth the price difference to go for the X00?

if this is going to be your only set, then yes its worth it. Great quality and quantity of bass, big sound stage, and smooth mids and treble. It plays every genre well. I can only use the sz for hip-hop and edm.

May 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #9,509 of 12,992
I received these DD DXB-04, and they are awesome. They are not on ear or over ear but they are very comfortable. The included cable is meh? But the over all sound signature is nice, warm, not sibilant, and really even handed with out eq. I used the cables from my Senn HD 700 on them and me likey. I just have to buy a couple more 2.5 mono cables.
Thanks HBB for the heads up on these.

PS: Digital Designs has a large presence in eastern Europe. Lots of Db Drag out there.

May 14, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #9,510 of 12,992
I received these DD DXB-04, and they are awesome. They are not on ear or over ear but they are very comfortable. The included cable is meh? But the over all sound signature is nice, warm, not sibilant, and really even handed with out eq. I used the cables from my Senn HD 700 on them and me likey. I just have to buy a couple more 2.5 mono cables.
Thanks HBB for the heads up on these.

PS: Digital Designs has a large presence in eastern Europe. Lots of Db Drag out there.

I love mine.

I switched out 3 different 50mm drivers to test if they really tuned the drivers with any thought to the chamber.

Denon D1100 drivers
Denon D5000 drivers
Senn HD 650 drivers

They all sounded whack and bass anemic Put the originals back in and it really is matched and tuned for this enclosure. Enjoy them even more after checking.

Is this the cable?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s525320697

Users who are viewing this thread

Back