The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #9,346 of 12,992
I got around "modding" the second Rolls speaker tab.  Took out one 1/4 TRS connector in the back and the stereo/mono switch.  Added a switch that bypassed the 68ohm resistors for when I'm brave and want straight amp power going through the headphones.  The potentiometer is still in place, to omit a preamp for amps that don't have a volume control.  Unlimited bass power!!

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #9,348 of 12,992
Looking for a comfortable pair of bassey headphones. I like audio technica headphone but the mk700's seem too uncomfortable for my purposes. I currently have the ws77's which i like, a good combination of sound quality and bass at a low(ish) price. Problem is they are old and starting to fall apart. So does anyone have any good recommendations..

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #9,349 of 12,992
  Looking for a comfortable pair of bassey headphones. I like audio technica headphone but the mk700's seem too uncomfortable for my purposes. I currently have the ws77's which i like, a good combination of sound quality and bass at a low(ish) price. Problem is they are old and starting to fall apart. So does anyone have any good recommendations..

I do, the Audio Technica ATH-WS770iS. They are light and comfortable with the stock pads but are like wearing marshmallow clouds when you add on the Brainwavz HM5 pads. Here is a bass paper test vid I made of the WS770iS.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #9,351 of 12,992
Well I am extremely happy with my fiio x5 v2 with m Voda 100 headphones. Amazing bass. I've also now added fiio a5 amp. All I can say is wow. I was listening to some hip hop at work and it sounded incredible.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #9,352 of 12,992
  What about sound quality someone on here called their sound 'muddy'?

I'm listening to Wiz's "On My Level" (FLAC) right now, from my laptop to my iFi iDSD to the WS770iS, and they are hitting hard and clean. No mud here. I can't say what they heard in theirs, as I don't know their source player or what song they were listening to, but mine have a nice wide sound stage and hit nicely with no distortion. I really do wish they had removable cabling though.

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #9,357 of 12,992
Well I am extremely happy with my fiio x5 v2 with m Voda 100 headphones. Amazing bass. I've also now added fiio a5 amp. All I can say is wow. I was listening to some hip hop at work and it sounded incredible.

Awesome! glad to hear they worked out for you.  There is an active M100 thread, if you ever have any questions about them there are many of us that frequent there to discuss things/help out as well.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #9,359 of 12,992
What's the best bang for your buck at $200 for a friend? SZ1000 + used E12? Figured I'd double check here, been real busy or I'd go read more through the thread :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back