The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #9,331 of 12,992
Originally Posted by expontherise /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is a Fiio e10k ( Output Power: 200mW(32Ω) ) going to be useful with the sz2000?    Also, Im not positive if Amazon US ships to the UK? If so he will have additional costs such as import tax to consider..

Edit: assuming UK as he mentioned Euro

True, he wouldn't get the most out of them with the FiiO. I kinda missed his DAC/Amp there and just read best bass headphone for home use under 200 euro. Also, as an aside, I just checked Amazon UK, and dang.... they want a ton more for the SZ2000 there. I hope the US Amazon will ship there or they would be way outside his price range.

*EDIT* Amazon US does ship internationally, but I have no clue what if any would be the duties or taxes.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #9,334 of 12,992
Fiioe10k will get you to a loud volume in normal use but if you try to eq for big bass you probably can't push it too far, not to the limits these guys on the forum have at least.

@carlobat  what hes saying is, you will get loud volume and bass. However, you will not melt your brain with this bass, as we here seem to try to do. :D 

I don't think im the only one who tries that anyway lol

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #9,338 of 12,992
What sort of amplifier would go well with my m-voda 100 and fiio x5 v3. Under £100 would be great as also bought meze 99s this month which are incredible.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #9,339 of 12,992

That is the easiest question to answer, the JVC SZ2000 is by far and away the best bass headphone for home use, at pretty much any price. But you're in luck, they are under 200 euro, CLICK HERE.

*Edit* Do yourself a favor and get some replacement ear pads when you buy the JVC. The stock pads are not comfortable.

This item does not ship to Italy 
frown.gif

what do you think about dt770 pro ( 80 ohm)and ATH Pro700mk2?

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #9,340 of 12,992
What sort of amplifier would go well with my m-voda 100 and fiio x5 v3. Under £100 would be great as also bought meze 99s this month which are incredible.

Why not the fiio a5. Seems like it was made for each other.

Or a cayin c5. The c5 has a better bass boost.

This item does not ship to Italy :frowning2:  
what do you think about dt770 pro ( 80 ohm)and ATH Pro700mk2?

Dt770 are good but not basshead level. They won't give you the impact you crave even with bass boost and eq.

Pro700 are head pounders but some claim headclamp force is almost unbearable.

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #9,342 of 12,992
  Interesting. I think those radioshack meters top out at around 125dB. Would be interesting to see how much higher the SZ2000's are really hitting.

​Probably a few dB higher with an iDSD micro. Around that area you got about 3 minutes of joy max before you start feeling little hairs in your auditory canal dying off.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #9,343 of 12,992

$55 on Amazon tube amp is tiny and hits harder than expected. Was unsure if i'd even bother trying it, until when I saw one of the reviewers had a set of SZ2k sitting next to his lil itty bitty Nobsound and said it delivered impressive SPL. I have been listening for about 30 minutes 

I am thinking about throwing together a tiny bass boost circuit a la Cayin c5 / iDSD Micro and stuff it inside the case.

With the volume maxed on it the SZ's definitely get some rumble action going on. I'll see if I can't get some unaided paper wiggle out of it. Even if not, for $55 if you need a non portable amp and looking for options, it's at least worthy of consideration IMO. The blue LED under the tube looks stupid so i plan to kill that blue LED sooner or later.

If you need to get your SZ's loud and good this will do the trick great.

If you want to bump sub test tones at max volume, well it works but it's also clear that keeping those low sine waves clear ain't really happening.

In short, get it if you're strapped for cash, don't need portability, and your playlist doesn't have sine sweeps in it. 
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #9,344 of 12,992

$55 on Amazon tube amp is tiny and hits harder than expected. Was unsure if i'd even bother trying it, until when I saw one of the reviewers had a set of SZ2k sitting next to his lil itty bitty Nobsound and said it delivered impressive SPL. I have been listening for about 30 minutes 

I am thinking about throwing together a tiny bass boost circuit a la Cayin c5 / iDSD Micro and stuff it inside the case.

With the volume maxed on it the SZ's definitely get some rumble action going on. I'll see if I can't get some unaided paper wiggle out of it. Even if not, for $55 if you need a non portable amp and looking for options, it's at least worthy of consideration IMO. The blue LED under the tube looks stupid so i plan to kill that blue LED sooner or later.

+1. I've got the Nobsound NS-08E, same specs other than 2 tubes instead of 1, and I have no intention of getting rid of it anytime soon. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #9,345 of 12,992
+1. I've got the Nobsound [COLOR=404040]NS-08E, same specs other than 2 tubes instead of 1, and I have no intention of getting rid of it anytime soon. [/COLOR]

I had that one on order and the cancelled it for the one i now have when i saw a review by someone who had both and claimed the smaller one had superior low end! Otherwise we would have had matching amps. But yeah not bad at all! Claims 1400mw @ 32 ohms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back